Title: Contact / AO3 Length: 4.2k Rating: T for language and references to previous abuse Summary: After a history of abuse, Reader doesn’t like to be touched. When Poe finds out, he does his best to ensure that Reader is comfortable around him.(gender neutral) A/N: The abuse mentioned in this fic is non-specific and vague. It could be emotional, physical, or both. Nothing is detailed. Masterlist / WIP List
“I accidentally called you my girlfriend/boyfriend today.” Stiles/Derek
Stiles lets himself into Derek’s
apartment, calling out a hello as he dumps Derek’s mail on the side. It’s not
an unusual habit, Stiles spotting Derek’s scant bills and correspondence in his
mailbox and grabbing it for him on the way up. What is unusual
is Derek not rolling his eyes when Stiles comes through the door with his post. He likes to complain that he
might have something private in there and that Stiles is too nosy for his own
good. Stiles always taps his nose, says it’s too cute to be an annoyance, and
Derek rolls his eyes again, turns away with a fond smile.
Stiles likes putting that smile
there, likes seeing Derek happy, revelling in something as easy and light as
gentle bickering. To some people it might seem like nothing, to Stiles and
Derek it’s a damn miracle. After everything they’ve been through, survived, to
come out the other side and still have some sort of lightness inside of them;
Stiles is endlessly grateful. He’s
glad to be alive, glad that Derek is, too. He likes getting into the semantics
of whether or not having a cute nose gets him a free pass when it comes to
rummaging through Derek’s mailbox. Besides, it’s not like he ever reads it; Derek doesn’t get anything
particularly interesting. That’s not the point, it’s just a habit, now. The
same way Derek always reminds Stiles to take a sweater with them if they’re
headed out, or Stiles picks up Hershey’s kisses at the store because he knows
Derek likes them, but won’t buy them himself on pain of death.
• you guys are super cute
• jaehyun always smiles when he’s w you, not just any smile but he whole, cresent eyes, and the cute, well defined dimples
• he really likes being lowkey w you like
• “hey…,,,, wear a black and white striped shirt tomorrow” “,,,,,ok???”
• the next day
• “oh,,, my,,,, i- we didn’t even realize!!!! haaaa, we’re so perfect for each other”
• he’s awkward in a really non awkward, cute way
• it’s confusing
• it’s like he’s your best friend that happen to be dating and kissing on basis and hugging
• he doesn’t do cheesy things like put your name in his IG bio or anything, but he does make you his profile picture on his social media sites
• there’s some weird shit going on in his lil perv brain
• omg ok when nct u debuted you were like “hoLY- shiT. bABY DO U LOOK GOOD OR DO U LOOK GOOD”
• “i think i look weiRD. LOOK AT MY WEIRD RAMEN LOOKING HAIR”
• he’s super tall so you kinda, cling to him but he doesn’t care he likes it
• k he loves kissing you sm sm sm sm
• he kisses the top of your head a lot tho
• ok first kiss time w jaehyun!!!!
• ok so what happened was you were just chilling on the nct boys’ dorm couch
• and the sm BABy rookiES. were like “noONA. LET’S WATCH A MOVIE” and you were like “daMNBOYS. OK”
• jaemin, the princess himself, chose sleeping beauty.
• and at that very moment jaehyun came in the living room and was like “lol what are u guys doing w my girlfriend” and just plopped down in between you and jaemin and jaemin was like “hyuNG. wyD.”
• so it went like, donghyuk, jeno, jaemin, jaehyun, you and jisung.
• the first 4 boys were like, so INDULGED IN THE MOVIE, BUT you and jisung were like “lol lol lol we saw this like 40 times together already let’s just goof off” and you just kept squishing his cheeks being like “ugh jisung u’re like 3 what are u doing in an entertainment company i should be baby sitting you and be feeding u mushed up bananas”
• and jaehyun looked over at you and you whispered to jaehyun while squishing jisung’s cheeks and you were like “omg look at this literal baby jae”
• and jaehyun smiled bc goodness you’d be the most embarrassing mother to you and jaehyun’s children
• and then jisung fell asleep and you got bored and fell asleep with him while leaning on jaehyun’s shoulder
• AND SUPER CLICHÉ, BUT THE PRINCE GOT INTO THE CASTLE AND WAS ABOUT TO KISS THE PRINCESS AND BEING THE ROMANTIC BABY HE IS, HE TURNED HIS HEAD AND GENTLY KISSED YOU, VERY LIGHTLY, AND THEN TURNED HIS HEAD BACK TOWARDS THE MOVIE
• THEN YOU WOKE UP
• “WHAT HAPPENED” and you screamed
• AND EVERYONE FREAKED OUT AND JISUNG WOKE UP AND HE JUST YELLED “WHAT HAPPENED I’M SO SORRY”
• and the 2000 boys were like “HYUNG WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER” and he was like “whAT- WHY DO YOU ALL BLAME ME I DIDNT DO ANYTHING”
• “WHAT. HYUNG APOLOGIZE”
• “NO I DONT THINK HE DID WHAT I THINK HE DID AND I’M SO CONFUSED I’M SORRY GUYS”
• and so you just hugged jisung and told him to go back to sleep but he was all shaken up
• and jaehyun just “oK. LET ME. JUST. GO TO MY ROOM.”
• but then 2 minutes later he motioned w his hand for you to come into the room
• and all the babies got up and started following you to his room and jaehyun was like “why- NOT ALL OF YOU. JUST HER. YOU GUYS-”
• a unison of “ooohhhhhhhh” from all the boys who go back to the couch
• and you got into the room and he closed the door and you were thinking “crap”
• but he very awkwardly was like “uh so… uh”
• “SORRY I HAD A DREAM AND-”
• “a dream??? uh well, did you, enjoy it?”
• “um” and he kinda, walked closer towards you and you just stayed there and he got crazy close to you and he put one of his hands on your cheek and another one on your hip and put his lips on yours and you hesitantly kissed back and put your arms around his neck and sjdjrjejf
• then he gently took his lips off of yours and smiled and he just kinda laughed and it was so cute honestly
• and you coughed and was like “um, uh, we should, take the boys, out of ice cream or something they…they wanted ice cream”
• and he put his arm around your shoulders and was like “alright”
• and Y'ALL OPENED THE DOOR AND THE FOUR BABY ROOKIES FELL FACE FIRST ON THE FLOOR
• and fast thinker jaemin was like “hA. LOL. STUPiD US. JENO YOUR CONTACTS AREN’T HERE”
• “me-? oh- Oh YEAH MY CONTACT-”
• “jeno, you don’t wear contacts.”
• “I JUST STARTED WEARING THEM, A FEW DAYS AGO AND I DIDNT TELL YOU GUYS BECAUSE-”
• “you guys still gonna buy us ice cream or” cause all donghyuk wanted was some ice cream
• y'all did end up getting ice cream tho bc you love jisung sm, he’s you and jaehyun’s baby and he wanted ice cream
• it was a fun day
• ok when firetruck came out you went nuts
• “you CAN RAP? HOW COME YOU NEVER TO L D M E”
• ok you once found an old predebut video of him having a full on conversation by himself in english in his english class and you sent it to him
• he didn’t reply for like, 12 hours
• he cooks for you and you guys cook together sometimes it’s great
• you wear his sweaters sometimes and it’s so cute he loves it you look so tiny
• jaehyun made you cry once
• LOL JK THIS BOY TREASURES YOU TOO MUCH AND KNOWS WAY TOO MUCH ABOUT YOU TO HURT YOU IN ANYWAY, HE’S ALWAYS CAUTIOUS AND CARES ABOUT YOU
• you guys were best friends first before you guys started dating
• he’s so modest it makes you ejdjfjfk
• ok jaehyun, not to be weird, but he gets boners a lot
• you pretend not to notice sometimes bc “jaehyun come on this happened on stage too you gotta chill man i know you’re growing up and you cant help it and all but-”
• but sometimes you just laugh and give him a small kiss on the cheek and continue doing what you were doing or something bc yoU GUYS AREN’T GONNA DO IT EVERYTIME HIS FRIEND ACTS UP DOWN THERE
• ok but he gets needy he just, hugs you a lot and back hugs you when he NORMALLY REALLY DOESNT, and he kisses you and whispers in your ear and, hM. IT’S TEMPTING BUT YOU’RE A STIFF STONE YOU’RE “you’re cute”
• you guys watch nct life together
• when he sleeps over/when you sleep over it’s so fun you always ask him to sing you to sleep and he does sing and skdkf
• but honestly most of the time y'all are gummy bears, potato chips, video games, dance breaks, and candy till 4am
• lol ok he looks at you, the same way he looks at honey butter chips and oh my goodness it’s the cutest thing
• johnny always messes w jae like “yoUR BAE OR HONEY BUTTER CHIPS JAEHYUN. ANSWER ME. 3, 2, 1. OHHHHH”
• ok jaehyuns lock screen is a picture of you and him together, smiling and laughing at your favorite coffee shop that yuta took when he was with hansol.
• ok so yuta and hansol were stalking you, but the way they put it was “we were not stalking you we were following you to make sure that you were being nice kids and just going on clean, 18 and under age dates.” and while they were behind the bushes, they saw you and him laughing at something and you two looked so cute that yuta snapped a pic and sent it to jaehyun and hansol was like “…wait. YUTA-” and then at that very moment jaehyun and your heads turned and you two made eye contact w hansol and yuta who was awkwardly standing behind the bushes of the coffee shop.
• it was a weird day
• jaehyun’s home screen is a picture of you sleeping, your hair in your face, your mouth kind of open, your cheek squished up from the pillow under your cheek and you hate it but he thinks it’s the cut e s t thing e v e r. it’s his favorite picture of you.
• he loves feeding you and being fed like he’s kinda shy about it but he loVES. IT.
• jaehyun doesn’t really get jealous, i mean, he does like any other guy, but he prefers to talk it out with you and ask you directly rather than keeping his emotions and questions to himself and hurting both himself and you and the relationship.
• he pretends you’re his giant teddy bear
• he likes it when you sit on his lap
• he does aegyo when you’re sad or when he wants something and you’re like “uGHWHAT”
• he loves spooning well, not spooning but, he just likes holding on to you while you’re both laying down
• he loves it when you touch his hair and play with it
• he catches all the bugs and when you’re scared he’s like “iTSOK I GOT YOU”
• when you’re cold, he doesn’t hesitate to take his jacket off and give it to you
• or when you’re like “oh no you’re gonna be cold ill be fine” he just let’s you sit in between his legs and he just drapes around you like a giant blanket
• ok your selfies are so cute it could be super casual where to u’re wearing normal clothes and just smiling or you guys could be wearing weird clothes that look like you’re about to go on stage to perform for lady gaga, sticking your tongues out, they’re all cute, super cute
• you guys say “i love you” when you’re in the mood for it meaning like, you guys would be watching TV then it’d get boring and you guys would just be smiling and really quiet and then he’d say “i love you” really quietly and pat your head.
• he talks in 3 different languages
• “PLEASE TALK IN ONE LANGUAGE JAEHYUN”
• now he’s learning chinese from winwin and kun and his chinese classes so, 4 LANGUAGES. Y A Y.
• you saw jaehyun in a suit, once.
• once was enough.
• “I LIVED IN AMERICA FOR 4 YEARS, THAT’S WHY I’M HERE MAN.”
• you guys never stop smiling around each other
• you guys, barely fight/argue
• he once took advice from johnny and, “went for it” aka took your head band to wash his face without getting his bags wet.
• “she won’t notice” he said. “she won’t laugh” he said. “SHE WON’T TAKE PICTURES OF YOU AND KEEP THEM FOREVER.” HE SAID
• he lied. johnny lied. and johnny’s the one that told you about the head band thing, allowing you to get the picture in the first place.
YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW HARD THIS WAS I HAD TO START THIS OVER AGAIN LIKE, 6 TIMES WHEN I WAS ¾ DONE BC I KEPT CLICKING THE BACK BUTTON AND SJDJJFKG i feel like this one isn’t as good as the other ones bc i restarted it so many times omg but yES. bias wrecker af jaehyun yes thank u for existing u wonderful human being//giraffe.
A/N: Let me tell you, this was NOT easy to write, and I have no idea why. But I did it, hooray! This was an imagine request from @thatdamnokie based on the song ‘They Move on Tracks of Never-Ending Light’, so I hope you enjoy!
Sherlock was clever. Everybody knew that - especially you, considering you had been friends with him since high school. Being friends with Sherlock had its pros, but it also had its cons. Sometimes, you wondered if the cons outweighed the pros, but then he’d do something to remind you that he was indeed human and the thought was pushed from your mind. John had come along after a while, and Sherlock had gotten better at understanding sentiment, but half the time the brilliant man still had no clue.
It was times like today that you wished Sherlock was a little more perceptive when it came to feelings. The detective, was, as usual, absorbed in his work. The two of you were in St. Bart’s, what with John at work, and you were wishing nothing more than to be at home, curled up under a blanket and watching Netflix. Of course, Sherlock had a case, and had decided to drag you along with him, as was normal. The two of you had worked on cases together practically since the day you had met, and after a while your observation skills were nearly as good as his - though apparently not enough to impress, because despite your long history he had started to take less notice of you.
Perhaps you had started to bore him? It was possible, considering Sherlock was known to ignore things that bored him. Like Anderson. You hoped he wasn’t starting to look at you like another Anderson. “Y/N?”
Aries - I love you because you are are fearless in your pursuit of love, happiness, and success. You know how to be selfish and rarely ever feel guilty being such. Anyone who dares to take advantage of you gets cut off immediately. You refuse to give even an ounce more to someone than what you’re getting back from them. You refuse to be neglected by anyone, but most importantly, you refuse to neglect yourself.
Taurus - I love you because of your independent nature. You don’t let other push you into jobs you don’t like or beliefs that you don’t identify with. You know how and when to stand up for yourself and You come to conclusions based on your own experiences and findings, which is why everyone can count on you to be stable: because your foundation is your own.
Gemini - I love you because you are always ready. Ready for what? Ready for absolutely anything. You are an explosion of energy, ideas, and spontaneity. You are ready to explore another country, discuss a book, or go dancing at any time, and if need be, all at the same time. You can connect with everyone and relate to everyone on some kind of level while maintaining your individuality. We all have a purpose here, and I think yours is to live, liven, and leap.
Cancer - I love you because you are the voice of reason. Despite how emotional you can be and the unsettled sea that is your thought process, you are an excellent decision maker and improviser. You are the rock, the stability, the glue, in most of your relationships because you refuse to let yourself crumble. You are highly intuitive to the needs of those around you whether it be a sympathetic hug or a swift fire lit under someone’s ass. You know exactly what to do and people depend on you, the voice of reason, to ground them, calm them, and then point them in the right direction.
Leo - I love you because you are able to light up any room that you walk into, (even if you don’t know it) and it’s not just because you’re beautiful. You are a genuinely goodhearted person and will give the only shirt on your back to someone wearing a sweater. You effortlessly impress and aid everyone around you just by being you, a fiercely honest and loyal individual.
Virgo - I love you because you don’t change your opinion or take back what you said to impress or win over whoever is in your presence. In fact, you make sure that everyone knows what your opinion is. In addition to this, anyone whose opinion is not actually an opinion and is really just either blatant lies and bullshit or sexist, racist, etc. garbage fires you up. And like I said before, it doesn’t matter who’s around you, with you or against you. You will burn any place to the ground.
Libra - I love you because you can the only person who can choose a side wholeheartedly and not feel the need to brutalize the side that you didn’t choose. This is because you can see the perspectives of everyone involved, and you will always pick the side that you believe to be the best choice for you, but you will never force someone to be on your side or begrudge someone who is not on your chosen side. Above all else, you are diplomatic and realize that people have to make their own choices even if the end result is chaos.
Scorpio - I love you because you can walk into a room full of people who dislike you, who hope for your failure, full of ease. You shut them out by being confident in yourself and your abilities, and you shut them down by proving them wrong. You laugh in the face of anyone who doubts you. Negativity and pressure causes most people to collapse give up, but you use it as extra fuel.
Sagittarius - I love you because of how willingly accept everyone as they are. There are many different facets to your personality, so you see a little bit of yourself, the good parts and the bad parts, in everyone around you. This is why you can effortlessly interact with anyone in any social setting. You see the successful analyst and the fallen artist that’s locked inside everyone, and you immediately relate to everyone’s successes and forgotten dreams, which is why you see no other choice but to befriend everyone you meet. You wish to help everyone and you do this by simply accepting everyone for the person they are.
Capricorn - I love you because of your ambition and drive. I hope it doesn’t bother you and that you never get bored of everyone mentioning the incredible drive within every Capricorn because it’s an amazing thing. I have no doubt in my mind that you all sometimes slack or procrastinate or talk yourself through something, and find some tasks to be difficult. However, I also have no doubt that you always finish, prosper, and succeed. This is what sets you apart from everyone else. No matter how critical the situation, how bleak the future looks, or how scared you are of following your dream, you manage to do it, and you kick ass every time.
Aquarius - I love you because you are unafraid of weirdness, chaos, and darkness within every person. Actually, I think you tend to seek it out and try to understand it instead of burying it or pretending that it doesn’t exist at all. You always have to dig until you’re miles below a person’s surface level, and what really makes you amazing is that when you finally see what’s down there, what that person is hiding and love and hates, you don’t run away. You don’t leave people just because you’ve seen the bad parts of them. You remind the person that everyone is strange and vulnerable below the surface, and in doing so, you normalize it and provide peace and friendship to a lot of people.
Pisces - I love you because you are always ready to make a new friend. You can be really shy, but people sense your easygoing nature and calmness and are drawn to you. You can and will converse with anyone that approaches you regardless if they’re the most normal of normal or the strangest of the strange. You build rapport with people quickly and easily because you make people feel at home with your quiet warmth and humor.
Send me your name and astrology sign for a personalized aesthetic!
Summary: Senior year sucks. After the Infinity Stone War and Thanos, senior year is super unexciting for Peter Parker. He was expecting John Hughes and instead he’s got a whole lot of anxiety about college and MJ. That second one he wasn’t expecting.
Summary: peter parker comes to an earth shattering realisation during decathlon practice. with the help of tony stark, ned leeds and a very vague article about having crushes, peter decides to get the girl once and for all (in a non-sexist way, of course because god knows the girl in question would kill him if he ever said that).
Summary: Twin confusing things are happening to MJ. One, she’s getting an unusual amount of attention from their friendly neighbourhood superhero, Spider-Man. And two, she might be starting to develop a crush on her ridiculous dork friend and teammate Peter Parker. More to the point, she thinks he might actually… like her back?
Being MJ, it isn’t long before she manages to put two and two together. After that, it’s just a matter of figuring out how to be a superhero love interest.
Summary: After the take down of the Vulture and the absence of his long-time crush Liz, life gets extremely boring for Peter. But after accidentally discovering MJ’s big secret, he forms an unexpected crush on the girl in school that hates him the most.
Summary: Peter Parker believes that life might go back to how it normally is - swinging about rooftops and handing in Math homework; Michelle Jones hopes that life will go back to how it used to be - before she had a major crush on Peter Parker.But life is not nearly so simple. So when Spidey swings by to help Michelle find her stolen bag, she becomes determined to uncover the webslinger’s identity. And with said emerging crush seriously not letting up, what could possibly be worse than a crush on Spider-Man developing as well?Sometimes Michelle wishes her life was just normal for a change.
P1/2. Sorry for a multi ask but I have a message for you, Jess & Julia. If you guys want to come back that’s 💯 okay. Haha I’m not being facetious or trying to guilt anyone into coming back if you don’t want to. I just know sometimes when you’re adamant on a decision if you have a change of heart you feel like you can’t change your mind. If you’re free once you leave and want to stay gone we’ve got nothing but well wishes for you guys. But if you or any shipper want to come back please remember
P2/2 & share with the other girls that there’s no giving in or weakness in doing so. If you want to come back for us here in the community over SC/OL desires that’s fine. If something happens where you fall back in good graces with SC/OL again that’s fine too. If y’all are just bored. W/e the reason there’s no shame in it. I hope you keep enough of an open mind to let yourself feel, wherever that may lead you. If it’s away from this fandom so be it. If it’s back w/ us, we’ll be waiting with open arms.
I’m not sure exactly how to answer this succinctly, but the three of us have gotten a lot of messages like this so I’m going to try and explain where I’m at, and where I think they’re at, too. It means so much to me that people want me/us to stay around on our original blogs as moral support and because we’ve all formed a little shipper family here. But right now there’s absolutely nothing for me to comment positively on. I don’t have anything nice to say about Sam or Cait or the show or production or the foolishness that engulfs all of them. I am not a person who can fake positivity and light when being hit in the face with bullshit. I’m just not built that way. I hate people who are fake. Love me or hate me and my many bad qualities, at the end of the day what you see is what you get with me and I don’t have the patience to pretend things are good when they’re really bad.
Moving to my new blog has been hard. It feels weird to not be here blogging under this name like normal and it feels weird to not talk in public about all of this every day. But honestly, I don’t know how people are continuing to ship and enjoy these two. I’m not mad about it, but I don’t understand how people don’t see how fake and PR focused all of this crap with them is now. My options are either: 1) believe Sam and Cait were never together contrary to the many reasons we believed they were, meaning they led all of us on for years for their own professional and financial gain even after the IFH while we were slaughtered for behavior they continued, or 2) believe Sam and Cait are together and she is now faking an engagement and Sam is faking a relationship with a fraud for some undisclosed reason and they’ve sat back while we were slaughtered. What option is better? What option leaves enough authenticity in tact for me to look at those two and go, yeah, I’m gonna keep on going the way I have been for over two years now?
The sexual banter is no longer cute. The heart eyes in videos is no longer cute. It just looks fake. And if it’s not fake and that’s really how they are with each other and they just can’t help it, I’m supposed to buy that she CAN help it around her fiancé at all times even when she doesn’t know there’s a camera on them? Would this “they can’t help themselves” behavior not be incredibly inappropriate and disrespectful? Because everyone I’ve talked to privately cannot explain the discrepancy between Cait and her behavior with the two main men in her life. Am I supposed to ooh and ahh when she decides to come online and interact with fans because she’s selling shirts and hoodies? Am I supposed to feel bad for Sam for being sexualized and treated like meat by the people around him when he unnecessarily tweets a picture of a crocheted dick warmer some fan sent him, leading to tons of comments from women who could have given birth to him about wanting to see him in it and wondering how big his dick is? It’s hypocritical.
I don’t want to feel this way, but I do. I don’t know how to move past it. And believe it or not, I don’t want to piss on other people’s fun. I’m still checking in here because I want to see how this ends, because this is the craziest shit I’ve ever seen in a fandom. But on my other blog, there’s no drama. There are no hurt feelings. I’m not being screencapped or made fun of or subtweeted by other shippers who don’t know shit about what I or others have gone through and yet sit in judgment about it like they’re morally superior.
So if you or anyone has suggestions on how to swallow this incredibly large bitter pill and move forward and find anyone involved in this likable or cute or not deceptive and shady as hell, please let me know. And know that even though this is how I feel, I’m always around if anyone needs to talk or vent or ask questions. I haven’t left. I just don’t feel I can be here all the time anymore. Sorry to ramble.
Also I kind of did a different take on the theme Opposite Day.. you’ll see what I mean. Anyway. Enjoy!
(btw the beginning is kinda angsty but it’s just fluff <33)
I’m a mess by the time I reach the room. My knuckles are bleeding from the walls I’ve been grazing them along, and my hair raw and dry from the amount of times I’ve raked a hand through it. I don’t even want to think about my face. I haven’t cried, but it wouldn’t take an idiot to see that I’ve worked myself into a state.
Summary: When people meet their soulmate they see colour, fall in love, and get married. But Dan’s terrified of the colours and of being a disappointment to his soulmate. (Or where Dan is ace and doesn’t want to be forced into anything)
Word Count: 1.7k
Warnings: None that I can think of
When people told Dan about how beautiful the colours were, and how wonderful having a soulmate was, he would always force a smile. When they told him not to worry, he would find his soulmate eventually, and they would get married just like this universe had planned, he would pretend to be reassured. Though his world was only monochromatic, he was terrified of the colours. That someday he would bump into someone and they would instantly want everything Dan couldn’t give them.
Everyday you woke up at the time when he would go on a run with Steve or Sam. He’d come into the gym sometimes while you were sparring with Natasha, but you pretended he wasn’t there. You didn’t want to even think about what he did after watching the both of you spar anymore, but some part of you deep down wanted to know what it was like to grant him his fantasies. You made sure to stifle that thought whenever you were in the same room as him, which was few and far in-between after that fateful morning.
The front door opens while Derek’s in the kitchen, hunting out snacks.
“Hey,” he pops his head around the kitchen door frame, smiles at Stiles.
“Hey pop tart,” Stiles greets him with a wan smile, and then looks
Derek would say it’s because he’s realized suddenly that his variety of
endearments for Derek are strange and ridiculous, but he’s been doing it for
years, now and Derek, oddly, embarrassingly, likes them.
* Request: Can you do one somewhere along the lines of the reader is trying to avoid creepy men at a bar and so she asks either Thomas or Alexander to pretend to be her boyfriend?
A/N: oh boy was this fun to write! I loved this idea a lot! Actually, I had a good portion written but it ended mysteriously being deleted. Luckily I remembered most of it and was able to rewrite it! And I think this is a bit short but I hope its still good. But Anon, I hope this is what you wanted and I hope you, and all my followers, enjoy!
Word Count: 1,246
You don’t really know why you were here, much less alone. Sure work was terrible but you didn’t really frequent bars. You happened to see this place on the way home and figured one drink couldn’t hurt. However, you were staring to remember why you hated bars so much.
Across the room a man was practically leering at you. You tried to avoid his gaze and pretend to not notice him, but you could almost feel his eyes on you. It didn’t help that he’d had enough liquid courage to come talk to you.
“Well hello there.” He slurred as he came up next to you.
“Hi.” You said curtly, hoping he’d get the idea and leave you alone. No such luck though.
“So what’s your name pretty thing?” He asked and placed a hand on your arm.
You shrugged out from under his touch, your skin crawling. “I don’t see why you need to know.” You responded.
“Oh come on, don’t be like that.” He told you. You grit your teeth. “I’m sure I could make it worth your while if you told me your name.” This time he put a hand on your thigh.
Alright, so in the beginning I was really excited about this one but now I’m really nervous and unsure. Please, I really want to know your opinion about this and if you’d be interested in more! It’s really important for me! I really wanna know if you want more and/or what you think if you don’t have a problem!
The constant knocking on your door made you groan in frustration. You covered your head with the blankets but no change was made nonetheless. The knocking only continued and you found yourself cursing under your breath at whoever it was- Well, you had a pretty good idea as to who it was but that did not make you want to open the door anyway.
“My princess, it’s time for you to get up” yep and sure as hell you heard Anna’s, rather cheerful (considering the time of the day), voice say from the other side of the door.
With another groan you pulled the covers off your head and glared daggers at the still closed door. It was still closed and Anna had not entered yet because you had told her so a while ago. Many times for that matter. She had this tendency, like every other maid in the castle, to just barge in after a few knocks and pull the curtains open to let the light get in even if you still were asleep. She had done this many times before and every time you were grumpy for the rest of the day just because you had been woken up abruptly. After a while you’ve had enough and told her that if she wanted to get into your room then she should wait for you to tell her so.
“Come in Anna” you said, running a hand through your hair to comb them just a little bit.
Without even-so-waiting for you to tell her a second time she opened the door and came inside in a rush, a few more maids accompanying her as usual. And, as expected, she immediately made you get up and they all started treating you like the princess you were.
When you were younger you clearly remember longing for all of this, or well sort of. You longed for the big fluffy dresses, the tiaras, the balls and dancing there with a prince. It all seemed so perfect in your childlike eyes and up to a point they were. But you actually got to realize there was a bitter part to all of these. Being the princess - the only one at that, since your were the king’s and queen’s only child - had its perks but it definitely had its downsides as well. There were moments that you felt as if you were being suppressed or where under restriction. That you could not be who you wanted to, that you were not free or allowed to express yourself openly. You found yourself all the time following some sort of rule that in your opinion was actually stupid.
Being the kingdom’s only princess also meant that everybody else had high expectations of you and that actually was something that scared you. You never thought that you were good enough and you always believed that you were going to end up disappointing them. Sure you wanted some day to be a great queen, just like your mother, but you always felt that you were going to do something and screw it all up. It scared you and you were actually afraid to even admit it. Everybody just expected you to take up after your parents and actually be as good as them but you knew that no matter how much you tried you were not going to, because, simply, you were not them. You were justyou.
That was a title you had come to loath at some point of your life. You found it hard, almost impossible, to cope with all of the ‘must’s and 'must not’s. How could you? It was hard as it was to be in the royal family but at the same time being a princess - the only one let’s not forget - was much harder. You remember your childhood being normal, as much as it could be with having five servants all to yourself - what kind of normal kid did? But when you started getting older that’s when the problems began. Not only when you could not see eye to eye with your father, no. You were not going to deny that you usually argued for some matters but you knew that he cared for you and loved you just like you did. But it was also your behavior at times that caused trouble.
It was - as your father would usually say - inappropriate for you to behave like some common girl when you were a princess. Who could blame you, though? All those rules and restrictions got on your nerves at some point. There were moments that you felt as if you could not breath.
Like now for example.
“Ow” you groaned and huffed as one of the maids tightened even more - if possible - the corset around you.
“My apologies, princess” she murmured.
“No, it’s ok. Just- just loosen it up a little bit. I can’t breath” you managed to say and immediately let out a sigh of relief as you felt her do as you told her.
“A lot better” you breathed out.
“You came earlier today” you noted as the maids helped you put your dress on.
“Yes, well the queen asked for you to get up earlier because she wanted to talk with you” Anna was quick to reply.
“Mom? Why? Did she tell you what it was about?” you frowned at her words.
“No, princess. But she told me to escort you to her once you were ready because she had something very important to tell you. I do not know any more details, though. She said that you will discuss that over breakfast” she said and you gave her a small nod.
“It’s probably about dad’s return” you muttered.
“It could probably be. Our king has been gone for over a year now. You must miss him” she said and you nodded at her words again.
“Yeah” you said with a small smile.
It was true that your father was gone for over a year now. He was in France fighting to take over some places there. You didn’t know much, other than the fact that he was actually helping a friend of his. In the beginning it was supposed to be just a few battles but it soon turned into a war and your dad had to stay there longer than needed. He would send you letters, that of course came to you later than he had written them, and let you know how he was but neither you nor your mother would stop worrying about him. He had his knights with him, the most skillful ones and the ones that you knew would protect him with their own lives, but you couldn’t help the worry that itched inside you when you got to think where he was.
When the letter of him telling you that they had succeeded in winning came to you, you felt a huge weight lift off your shoulders. He was your father and you loved him, no matter what.
The letter had come to you just a week ago as he - and you - had guessed he would be back by today. That did not only mean that you would to see him again - you were definitely happy about that - but that you would also have to help your mother in the organization of the celebration in favor of their victory. Well, at least it wouldn’t be a ball that you would have to attend either you wanted or not. Sure they were fun sometimes but after a point they just got boring. Therefore you were happy to know that the 'feast’ your mother was talking about was a luxurious meal for the royal members of the family and of course your father’s most trusted knights - that were the ones that were always by his side as well.
“Alright, we’re done princess” Anna said with a smile and looking at yourself in the mirror you gave her a small approving nod.
“We better get going. Don’t want the queen waiting for long” she said again and you only gave her a small nod as you made your way to the door.
After giving a few instructions to the rest of the maids on cleaning your room she came to you and you both made your way the King’s and Queen’s royal chambers.
“Would you like anything else, my Queen?” the older maid asked, bowing respectively in front of your mother.
“No, no everything is fine. I don’t want to tire you anymore” your mother replied with a smile.
“Oh but you are not tiring me my queen. It is my pleasure to serve you. It has always been.” she replied ever so kindly. And it was the truth. All of the servants - well, at least most of them - loved you parents, your mother most, because they were not like other kings and queens. They were both thoughtful of their well-beings and cared about them despite the fact that they were just their servants.
“I know, dear. But I believe it is time for you to relax for a little bit. Do not worry, I am going to be fine.” your mother said and with a final smile and bow she, along with the rest of the maids, were out of the room.
Leaving just you and your mother alone.
You let out a small sigh of relief once everybody was out of the room and relaxed. Your body was stiff and straight just a few moments ago but now that it was just you and your mother you knew that you did not have to pretend.
“So what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?” you asked as you both took a seat on the chairs next to the table that had been set up for the two of you on the balcony for your breakfast.
“Is it about dad coming back today? Is something wrong with the preparations we did?” you asked again and she shook her head.
“No, no. It’s not that. Everything is alright and set up for your father’s arrival. It’s just…” she trailed off, looking down at her food.
“Mom? What is it? Did something happen?”
“No, no dear. It’s just that… it’s your birthday’s in two weeks.” she said and you gave her a reluctant nod.
“Yes, I am very much aware of that. I just don’t understand what your point is”
“Well, my point is that- Honey, you become 23 in just a couple days and…” she trailed off once again.
“And?” you asked.
“And you have yet to find a prince to marry” she said and you immediately groaned.
“Not you too, mom”
“I know, I know and I’m sorry dear. I know I sound like your father but don’t you think it is time for you to find a prince and have a family? The normal is for you to be married at your 19th birthday yet we’ve put off that wedding for a long time” she said voice-ever-so-calm.
“Well, yes that is the norm but I’ve told you mom. I don’t want to marry someone just because that’s what you or everybody else expects me to do. I want to get married to someone that I will love. To someone that I will know well before I take the decision to spend the rest of my life with. Because I actually want to be happy. And, yes, I know that when you were my age you already were married to dad, in love and happy but don’t forget that you knew him for a long while before you got married and had feelings for him. Don’t expect me now to just say yes to marrying someone just because that’s what I am expected to do” you said and let out a sigh.
“Oh I know, honey. And I absolutely support you. That’s why I’m not forcing someone on you. I was just saying. Your father and I are getting older and older with each day passing. Soon we won’t be able to rule the kingdom as we did and you will have to take over. You need a man by your side to do so in the right way” she put a comforting hand on top of yours.
“I know mom, but please- I- I don’t want to talk about it. Not until I know that there is someone that I have feelings for- that I truly love.” you muttered and after giving you a silent nod you both proceeded to eat your breakfast in peace.
A peace that did not last long and was soon broken by the trumpets being heard.
“The King, my ladies! The King has returned!” one of the messengers came quickly through the door and straight to you.
“Dad” you breathed out with a smile.
An even bigger one appeared on your mother’s face as you both quickly got up and rushed out of the room. You rushed down the corridors and ran down the marble stairs to make your way as fast as possible towards him. And of course having picked up your rather long dresses to not trip over.
You both ran as fast as you could towards the now opened big doors of he castle to see the cheering crowd outside, clapping at your father and the rest of his soldiers as they walked through them on top of their horses. Your father on top of his white one stood out as he was on the front, in between two of his, as you guessed, most trusted knights. A bright smile was on his face as he waved at the cheering crowd, big smiles were on their faces as well. You couldn’t help but smile and giggle just slightly, clapping along with the rest of them, in a way of trying to congratulate your father and the rest of his soldiers for making it out not only alive but victorious as well.
Your eyes were focused on your father for a long while, as much as you could see him because he was still quite far away but the more close they all got the more clearly you could see him… and the person next to him.
He had his head bowed in the beginning but you could see a smile playing on his lips. It only got bigger as, once he looked up and around the crowd, he looked ahead of him and right at you. The grin disappeared and in its place you saw a much softer one, not the playful one that was before. He was certainly something unique, you had never seen a man like him before and that said something with all the princess your parents had brought over to you to meet while trying to get you married to one of them. They could not compare to this man. Not even in the slightest bit. His eyes held something in them that you wanted more than anything to be able to know. He looked broken but at the same time you could see a surprisingly interesting and captivating glint in his eyes that just made you want to know him more. There was something about the way he carried himself- or well, the way he stood on top of his horse.
The closer he got the more you got to study his features. Short, dirty blond and slightly spiky hair, strong jaw and full lips. Skin slightly tanned, a few wounds visible and a little dirt as well but you guessed it was just because he had not had time to clean properly. His green eyes were the ones that managed to capture your attention. Staring so intensely into yours that it felt as if he was trying to read you. A look of awe was on his face as if he was looking something that he had never seen before and truly found astounding. The thing was, he was looking at you.
And it did something to you that had never happened before. He made your heart skip a beat. Your breath hitched on your throat as you felt yourself captivated by the stranger’s (at least to you) gaze. No, you were actually captivated by… him.