How did you draw attention to your blog? I know it's not all about the notes, but it's still nice to see a lot and know your content is appreciated, you know? It's kind of disheartening to put tons of effort into posts and not get many notes on it
Hi nonny, I’m sorry you’re feeling down about the progress you’re making in your blog. I’ve been there (and still am). Sometimes the posts I put the least amount of effort in get so many notes, then I post something that took me SO LONG to set up, edit, write, and then it doesn’t get much attention. Just know everyone experiences that.
Here are some things that I personally do that help me make friends in the community:
- Turn off notifications. If I have notifications on my phone, I know I’m constantly going to be checking it, so I need to get rid of the temptation. I only have notifications turned on for simblr stories I’m following.
- If I see someone that needs Sims for a challenge, I make a character for them! That is how I met the awesome @bottsbotts and a lot of others. It’s these kind of collaborations that give you a chance to talk to people and have your work showcased on another blog.
- I hardly ever message people on anon, even if it’s an embarrassing question or if I think that I’m sending an annoying amount of asks. People are more than happy to help and generally really friendly.
- Invest in stories. I try to make comments on how a character has progressed, take note when an author is trying a new writing style, and give specific reasons why a story has moved me.
- Find challenges. Editing challenges, building challenges, CAS challenges, etc. They get you inspired and using a specific tag helps others with similar interests see your work.
I hope this helped! @sandy-sims also has an awesome guide for simblrs. Even if you’re not new, she has lots of helpful tips. (I feel like I am always linking to Sandy’s guides. They are just amazing.)