My personal prerelease predictions are as follows:
- Saihara Shuuichi is evil and the first chapter’s killer. Kaede is going to lie for him and defend him and she nearly fucks everyone over because of it. His victim is Amami Rantarou because he learned too much about him and realized his true intentions. If he isn’t the first chapter’s killer, he’s the traitor/mastermind and he shouldn’t be trusted. Something is totally up with this guy, and not in a good way. To further elaborate on this, look at Amami and Shuuichi’s designs alone. By themselves, Shuuichi appears to be the “evil” one, and it is only because of Amami’s resemblance to Komaeda that people think Amami will be crazy. The game won’t go in the same direction again with a crazed hope fanatic and a detective as our faithful partner. The ship is being set up to be broken.
- Everyone is blackened and had their memories erased. They were gathered from all over the country by the government because they escaped their own killing games by being the culprits. They killed someone, got away with the murder, and everyone else in their games was executed for their escape. The government has locked them up together but Monokuma fucks things up and takes over.
- Nobody but Amami has a talent and everyone was given artificial memories to believe they had a talent. These talents are their past childhood dreams that were somehow broken, either with Iruma being unable to invent enough to be the SHSL Inventor, Kaito never becoming a real astronaut, Ryoma having his tennis career broken because of his crimes, etc. It isn’t that they have no talent at all, but that they never became the best at what they did.
- The vine/spiderweb execution is Korekiyo Shinguuji’s execution. The flamethrower bit is not part of it. It will be in a setting representing hell and his crime will have something to do with selfishness and seeing “beauty in hell”. His crime will have something to do with Gonta or Kirumi (but I sway towards Gonta).
- The boo'ing execution is Kokichi Ouma’s execution. The people are a crowd overthrowing their dictator. (Could also be Himiko’s, but I think she’ll be a survivor.)
- Angie Yonaga will kill Tsumugi and use her artistic talents to “fake” a cosplay on her corpse. Most people will assume that Tsumugi put on the cosplay herself, but Angie painted it onto her to confuse everyone.
- Amami Rantarou is the first victim. As much as I hate to say this since I love Amami, it seems fairly likely. He’s the SHSL Analyst.
- Ryoma Hoshi is a victim. I suppose he’ll have a tragic backstory as to why he had to kill those mafia members, and then he’ll show up dead.
- Survivor Predictions: Kaede, Gonta, Kaito, Iruma, Himiko