Finished this WIP (here are the headcannons) overnight (its 3 in the morning haha). Have both final version because i couldnt choose ? Not sure if i like it, maybe i’ll do a gif version where the earthball floats and they breath
I think Hunk created the floating earth lantern ball ; coran gave him the raw materials from some castle lanterns
Pidge typed the programm that makes its spin around in 24 seconds
Lance just stare at the ball for hours when he misses home
they uploaded pictures in it (like in some memory stick but, round) and it takes photos so you can zoom up into earth places they know
pidge is pulling all nighter to make it change its appearance to look like the planet they’re on
and Hunk tries to build a mini-lab inside
*pokedex voice* You’re on Exerus, the fifth moon of Kartasar...
Pidge : IT’S ALIVE
(I’ll do a close up of the pic one day )
They took it in a space mall while shopping (see : fashion voltron for the full experience ahah yes i link my own drawings in headcanons wth im gonna die what is sleep)
Also the poster is found in an old abandonned boutique of space roadtrips ; earth used to be popular inside aliens societies
It’s all burnt and torn but Keith found it and immediatly thought about giving it to Lance so he keeps it preciously
also the earth is on fire on it
it’s probably 3millions years old but okay
In the morning Keith wakes up sore and lance is freezing because he gave his shirt to the boy #gotta keep your galra baby hot
He never questions the snuggle needs
Sometimes Keith come just to be pat like a kitty
he totally purrs
(can be seen as klance or not) (also the mobile version shows only one pic ? idk it’s okay)
• any target • churches in texas • abandoned 7/11’s • your bedroom at 5 am • hospitals at midnight • warehouses that smell like dust • lighthouses with lights that don’t work anymore • empty parking lots • ponds and lakes in suburban neighborhoods • rooftops in the early morning • inside a dark cabinet
• playgrounds at night • rest stops on highways • deep in the mountains
• early in the morning wherever it’s just snowed • trails by the highway just out of earshot of traffic • schools during breaks • those little beaches right next to ferry docks • bowling alleys
• unfamiliar McDonalds’s on long road trips • your friends living room once everybody but you is asleep • laundromats at midnight
• galeries in art museums that are empty except for you • the lighting section of home depot • stairwells • hospital waiting rooms • airports from midnight to 7am • bathrooms in small concert venues
• cemeteries • abandoned penitentiaries • hilltops at night in full moonlight • most of Japan • empty barns • marshes • really anywhere quiet at midnight, the air vibrates • old stones and henge • the ocean when it’s still quiet with fog over it • train tracks that go through the middle of the woods • bridges • ancient places • stands of old growth forest • the Eastern Sierras/high desert
• rabbit paths off hiking tails • trails between the main ski hills • winter twilight • back allies between houses • logging roads • dirt roads on fall evenings with leaves falling off the trees • libraries before closing • anyplace where it’s snowing before sunrise • the woods during a rainstorm
• roads covered with snow with trees on the sideways while snowflakes are falling out of the sky • train stations after 10 PM • outside, right before a massive storm • the woods just after twilight • the beach in winter • the bottom of swimming pools • empty beaches when its snowing
• back part of a library • late night empty streets • highways late at night • windy roads • windy roads at night when you can only see the immediate road • abandoned parking lots (office buildings, homes) • anywhere immediately after a really bad fight • little towns late at night when no ones awake and the only lights on are the street posts
• empty buses before sunrise/after sunset • being the only one outside in the early morning when its almost dark and you feel alone on earth • mountains with a big forest close to it • being alone in a spot in ikea • the lakeside anytime between 2 and 6 am • firework shows when you’re sitting on the grass • staring up at very tall buildings • the tram at a big airport • abandoned house by a lake
• being the only one downstairs on christmas • stepping outside in the early morning when it has just snowed • when its dark and you see snowflakes falling down in the light of a lamppost on the lonely road • that one clear spot in the forest with trees surrounding it • a parked car in a snow/thunderstorm • corn fields with the wind blowing over them • malls when they’re about to close for the night • woods at twilight/dawn • being on a train after midnight • theme parks at night
• winding back roads with rolling fog • seeing “open” signs when its really foggy and cloudy • being in a train that was crowded when you got in and now its quiet, looking at the seats knowing that there were people sitting there moments ago and now they’re gone • hiking trails that have nobody on them • being alone in an elevator for a few minutes • looking down at the forest when you’re standing somewhere high and seeing the top of the trees with fog lingering over them • the ferry about to take off in the middle of the night • tree houses • empty seats on the late night train • 4-6 am on a winter morning
• the clouds/damp coming out of your mouth when its really cold in the morning • stepping out on an unfamiliar metro/train stop • greenhouses that have been left to grow alone • cemeteries in the middle of fields • biking/walking on the main road when its dark without cars • swamps with fog • hotel corridors in the middle of the night • anywhere where you can hear a train whistle in the distance but you can’t see it or know just how far away it is • foggy mornings in a meadow • that flickering streetlight • working offices at midnight
• abandoned amusement parks • mirrors in an airplane bathroom • being alone in a church • empty hotel lobbies • hearing trains off in the distance especially at night • snow falling down in general • being in a place thats supposed to have a lot of people but it doesn’t • long, dark hallways • the middle of a park when its snowing • playgrounds at night • work/school when you’re snowed in • caves • a field of power lines • being in a forest where there are train tracks not knowing if the train may even ever approach • bonfires
• being in a different room than everyone else at a party • the woods on a night with a full moon • empty stables • empty metro stations that are usually crowded • gas stations on long mountain roads • the old part of a city when you’re the only one in the street • stadiums when a game or concert is over • entering a building with a really high ceiling • moonlight, anywhere
• empty tennis or baseball courts with limited lightning • times when you are transitioning from one phase to another • lodges in the snow • frozen water in the winter • a little lake in the middle of the forest • campus during summer • family gatherings • construction site after works have gone home • leaving a tent at midnight • lonely swings • overgrown fields • from twilight to dusk • farmland thats covered in the morning fog • suburban neighborhoods filled with tension and wind before a large summer thunderstorm • being at an abandoned place knowing that years ago at that exact same moment there were people • the feeling of being chased by someone/something • knowing you’re not alone in a certain place like a forest
this feeling is scary as FUCK it dawns upon you that something is so quiet or abandoned or empty and vacant that its like the universe forgot to make something happen in the one spotlike you found a glitch in real life like everything seems fake and unreal and real and not fake all at one and youre so confused
When asked about BPD, most people who
know about this disorder immediately think of the “classic” symptoms: impulsive
behaviors and episodes of rage. The same holds true for even mental health
But rage and impulsivity are only two
out of the nine criteria in determining whether someone has BPD. Some people
with BPD—myself included—meet the criteria for a diagnosis but do not use these “acting out behaviors.”
So what does it mean to have quiet BPD?
You probably still suffer from extreme
mood swings and emotional reactivity, self-harm and suicidal ideation, chronic
feelings of emptiness, paranoid ideation, dissociation, a lack of identity, and
the intense fear of abandonment we love so very much (disclaimer: we hate it.).
And it may well be that your
relationships are stormy as well—even if the other person has no freaking idea
how distressing said friendship is to you.
How is that possible? Well, we feel the same things other people with BPD feel:
we idealize you and become deeply emotionally attached to you, then suddenly we
become emotionally cold and distant toward you over just a minor
disappointment, we’re kept awake at night by paranoia that you secretly hate us
because you didn’t text us back immediately, we spiral into crushing depression
over the littlest things you say and do.
But the difference lies in how we
With “classic” BPD you may tell the
other person what you’re feeling. You may accuse the person of lying to you,
avoiding you, abandoning you, etc. You may display anger toward the other
person or get into arguments. The other person becomes aware of what you’re
thinking and feeling. Not so with quiet BPD.
I almost never tell my friends what’s
going through my mind unless they ask. I’m too terrified of being a burden to
them. I internalize this tempest of dysphoria, letting it fester for weeks and
months. I will drop off your radar, distancing myself from you without you even
noticing. Unless you reach out to me, you’ll never hear from me again. I’ll
isolate myself, forever convinced you hate me and that you’re better off not
dealing with my burdensome self… even if there’s no evidence to suggest this.
Even if we’ve literally been best friends for years.
You may not notice this shift at all,
simply because I don’t express it. The friendship may not be distressing for
you, but it’s sure as hell distressing for me. I’ve cycled through so many
friendships in this way, in near constant agony as a result—and the vast
majority of my friends had no idea.
I’m obsessed over this idea that I’m a
burden. That my very existence is an annoyance to everyone, and so I very
frequently deny myself the very emotion so often associated with BPD: anger.
I loathe myself so much I feel I don’t
have the right to be angry for myself.
Sure, I can feel anger all right. If
you slight a friend or family member of mine, I cannot begin to describe the
rage that wells up inside me.
But if you insult me? I’ll sink to
depression and probably agree with you (this has happened multiple times).
People with different types of BPD
respond differently to the same triggers. For some, if they feel you’re going
to abandon them or that you don’t care about them, they respond with anger.
Others act impulsively in hopes of relieving some of their pain. But I respond
by turning inward. I justify these “signs” that everyone in my life hates
me—the same signs recognized by people with “classic” BPD—by deciding that if
I’m going to be abandoned, well, it’s because I deserve to be. If you do hate
me, it’s because I am, in fact, absolute scum. My BPD takes these signs and
twists them into reinforcement of my extreme self-loathing. If anything, I’ll
be angry with myself.
This translates into “acting in”
behaviors that aren’t as obvious as impulsive behaviors. I self-harm and don’t
tell a soul about it, I lock myself in my room and cry for hours, I become so
emotionally numb I just stare at the wall all day, I’ll sleep for an entire
weekend to escape my pain, I’ll even deny myself food because what’s the point
of extending my lifespan, especially if I don’t deserve it?
Any kind of BPD sucks, quiet or
otherwise. But raising awareness about quiet BPD is crucial: professionals may
not realize we have BPD because we don’t fit the “classic” model, and thus we
end up spending years misdiagnosed or in treatment that doesn’t address what’s
actually going on with us. We could be spared YEARS of additional suffering by
getting the correct treatment as soon as possible. So let’s raise awareness,
there is a deep suffering in your bones,
a clawing ache in your chest.
it’s a kind of un-becoming—
like heartstrings unthreading themselves,
like a faded whisper that never makes it
past your trembling lips.
and you can’t help but feel that
there is something strangely familiar
in the art of disappearing.
hey, can you tell me what is "eerie crests"? idk but the characters seem super nice!!!
Eerie Crests is my webcomic! Set in a quaint little town in Oregon, It’s about this boy named Malek who goes missing while camping. They found a body, and the local police force’s statement is that the body is Malek’s. Everyone is convinced he’s dead, except for his severely mentally ill best friend, Dallas.
Dallas has already had a history with the town of being a troublemaker, and Seeing Things, so the police force don’t really take him seriously when he insists the Body Isn’t Malek’s.
Poppy Rajkhowa is one of Dallas and Malek’s best friends, and although she sometimes.. Believes Malek is dead, she still has a glimmer of hope that he isn’t, so she helps Dallas with investigating. They’re just two people but more and more kids and students from their school start getting involved
people hide secrets, people act weird.
the forest is not what it seems, and something lurks in the quiet town of Blue Crests
“What the fuck?!” Potter threw up his hands and then promptly jammed them in his hair. He stopped his pacing and stared at the archway where a door had been about… -Draco idly cast a tempus- an hour ago. Apparently, Potter had been driven to distraction simply by the idea of sharing a space with him and was flirting with a level of mania that made Draco quite uncomfortable.
Draco laced his hands together in his lap, uncrossing his legs and recrossing them the other way. He was expecting Potter to start throwing spells again if he kept to the pattern he had established so far. Hopefully, he would cast something that would rebound and turn him into something quiet, like a rabbit.
Potter spun toward him though, “Why aren’t you upset!” he snapped.
Draco raised an eyebrow, “It seems to me you’re doing a good enough job for the both of us.”
“Can I talk to you?” You asked Jimin calmly as you entered the exquisite dining room, he was sat at the head of the large table, every man in the manor house surrounding him as he briefed them with the upcoming plan of action.
“Sure.” Your brother smiled, sliding his chair back with his legs as he stood up, his warning gaze flitting between Jungkook and Taehyung, who sat either side of him eyeing you curiously. “Minho you can take it from here.”
Today was the day Jimin planned to kill Hoseok, if anything you should’ve been proud of your brother for being so brazen and bold, but you couldn’t shake away the bad feeling captivating your body. Heading up the stairs to Jimin’s office you quickly and quietly made you way inside and sat down, Jimin in tow. He sat across from you, his once shiny silver hair now beginning to darken into his natural brown/black colour, his bangs lightly grazing the contours of his hooded, dark chocolate eyes.
“What’s this about? Did somebody hurt you?” He asked, brows knitted together curiously as his gaze settled upon your worried expression and the fact you were fidgeting with your sleeves.
“No, it’s just-“ Even though you promised Sung you wouldn’t say anything, you had to confront him, you had to make sure he was 100% certain he knew what he was doing, and after what happened to Jin you knew better than anybody that Hoseok was a dangerous, psychotic man. “I know about the attack… And I just want to make sure that you know what you’re doing…”
Dragon Age: Inquisition companions reacting to a young inquisitor (3 to 9) asking if they can sleep next to them after a nightmare concerning Redcliffe Castle. Especially if said companions were the ones who died protecting them as Dorian brought them back to the present.
Cassandra: She blinks at them through the darkness of night, and after a moment’s hesitation, consents and allows it. She’s awkward, but they go to sleep quickly, feeling safe near her. She eventually drifts off as well, feeling pity for the young one.
Iron Bull: He’s a little worried he’ll roll over on them, so he lays there motionlessly as they cuddle up against him and quietly go to sleep. He eventually drifts off, frozen in place, minding the spot the child chose to sleep in against him.
Blackwall: Awkwardly, he shrugs and allows it, unsure of himself as the child curls up against him and goes to sleep. He had heard about what happened in Redcliffe, and he understands their wanting to be with someone, but… him? He feels peace settle over him as the child begins to snore, quiet pride and quiet duty, and he follows suit.
Sera: She wordlessly pulls open the cover and lets them crawl in, and the two sleep soundly as she gently puts an arm over them to reassure them that she is real and they are safe.
Varric: He allows it, for once quiet as slumber threatens to take him back. He grunts as they push against him, and he relinquishes a sigh. “You’re safe, kid. We’re all okay.” The words settle them as much as he wishes it would settle his nerves, and he drifts off as they do.
Cole: He doesn’t sleep, but he lies down and lets the child cuddle up against him. “Warm and comforting, arms of love pulling me close, warding demons off, you feel safe. You are safe. I’ll do my best.” He lies there as long as they sleep, and feels happy for doing so– he helped.
Dorian: He’s a little worried and unsure of how exactly to comfort them. “Are you sure you want to sleep in my bed? Not with Cassandra or… someone else?” he asks warily. The child insists and crawls under the sheets. Dorian sits there for a moment, a bit befuddled, but the child starts drawing quiet little breaths as they fall to sleep, and he follows suit quietly.
Solas: He quietly allows it. “Come, da’len; I will ensure no demons serve you nightmares. The majesty of the Fade will guide us to peaceful slumber.” His words soothe them, and both drift off in peace.
Vivienne: Normally, she would adamantly refuse, but the child is teary and shaking, so she sighs and lifts the sheet up. “Don’t plan on making a habit of this.” she warns. At the same time, she feels something bubbling in her chest, something like warmth and quiet pride, and she drifts off to sleep peacefully.
Josephine: Like Sera, she quietly holds the sheets open, remembering times she had to do this with Yvette or any of her younger siblings. She has performed this duty many times, one of comfort and love, and she feels their panic fading away as they curl up against her. Both drift off quickly.
Leliana: Without so much as a word or a glance up, she holds the sheet up and allows them in before drifting off to sleep, her arm settling over them quietly. They feel extra safe– nothing can hurt them when the Spymaster is there.
Cullen: He’s half-asleep, and a bit too incoherent to process what’s going on, but he gives in. He finds the next morning that his own nightmares were fewer and of less intensity, and he only prays the poor child felt safer, too.
Powerful: Pringles Has Unveiled A Line Of Damp Chips That Won’t Crunch Loud Enough To Ruin A Moment Of Silence For Our Fallen Soldiers
If you’re looking for a company that really cares about the troops, look no further than Pringles.
Few people deserve more respect and adoration than the heroes who willingly sacrifice their lives to protect America’s freedom, and no one knows that better than Pringles, which is stepping up for the troops in a big way: The snack-manufacturing powerhouse just introduced a new line of damp chips that won’t crunch loud enough to ruin a moment of silence for our fallen soldiers.
Wow. What a powerful way to help customers show respect for the troops!
According to Pringles executives, the new line of chips will come in the same essential flavors customers have come to love, but will be presoaked inside the Pringles tube, making the chips just damp enough to replace any crunching sounds that would disrupt a somber rendition of “Taps” with a gentle, muffled sloshing. Through extensive testing, these mushier chips have been shown to be so quiet that, when eaten, it is virtually impossible to make enough noise to ruin a moment of silence for a fallen soldier.
With the new product, which they’re calling Patriot’s Discretion Pringles, customers will now be able to pull out a few wet chips, place the damp snack onto their tongues or pack it into their cheeks, and let their favorite flavors melt into their mouths, all without the fear of bringing a hero’s memorial to a screeching halt with a single, booming bite.
“Everyone wishes they could be eating chips when they’re at a service commemorating a fallen solider, but up until now, it’s just been way too loud,” said Pringles CEO Michael A. Powell at an event unrolling their newest product. “Before, the best you could do was settle for something quiet like mints or gum, but those bland, flavorless days of quiet respect are now a thing of the past.”
“We at Pringles know how important it is to remember those who have sacrificed their lives to protect the American way,” he added. “And now, with our line of damp Patriot’s Discretion Pringles, there is finally a way to do it without sacrificing your hunger.”
Amazing. It looks like Pringles is a company that isn’t about to let customers ruin a moment of silence, but isn’t about to let them go hungry either. Whether you’re at a veteran’s funeral, halftime at a local high school football game, or even the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the days of having to choose between tossing back a couple Pringles or paying tribute to a fallen service member seem to be over. Here’s to hoping more companies begin showing the same commitment to our troops that Pringles does!
In which you slow dance with the one and only Star-Lord. (insp.)
so desperately wanted to be called Star-Lord, but everyone called him Quill.
Except for you. You preferred to use Peter, and maybe that was why he fell in
love so hard. Rarely did anyone address him without a tinge of sarcasm or
playful banter in their voice—something he was very guilty of reciprocating—but
when you spoke to him, he felt validated in ways he never knew he could. You
gave him a sense of responsibility. A feeling of warmth and excitement. A drive
in life, fueled not by a desire for the admiration of others, but rather, a
need to make you feel the same way he did. Happy.
initial glimpse of Peter was the day of Ronan’s defeat. Hair disheveled.
Clothes torn. Face scratched up. He was dancing to a song you’d never heard,
and your entire body reacted. It tingled and shook from your toes, to your
heart strings, up your throat, to your brain where the sensation settled,
leaving only one thought. Shit. You’d gone through life thinking love at first
sight was nothing more than a myth. But there you were. In love. Or something
like it. You were stubborn when it came to things like that, so you chalked it
up to lust—somehow that felt more dignified.
was alcohol involved in your first encounter. That was always how these things
seemed to go. The big hero, off to celebrate at a local bar; you, the plain
civilian, coincidentally at the same place, standing in a corner. Music was playing, but the melodies were foreign,
and you could only assume that they were his. Most of them were upbeat, but
occasionally things would slow down a little, and that’s when he shined the
brightest. He’d move about the room fluidly, pulling the other patrons close.
Dipping them, spinning them, pressing his body against theirs. Leaving a trail
of longing eyes in his wake. You couldn’t help but feel jealous, but at the
same time, you were grateful. Unless you were alone in the safety of your room,
dancing was not your forte. And so you nursed your drink and watched.
moved closer and you got a better look at his face, confirming that he was the
most unrealistically handsome man you’d ever seen in your life. It was the sort
of thing that held a hypnotic element, capturing your eyes and refusing to let
them free of his spell. The sappiness of it all was enough to make you inwardly
wretch, but as the gap in proximity closed, it became harder to deny fact.
“I realised something,” she says in quiet disbelief.
“What’s that?” Her best friend asks in reply.
“Home isn’t four walls and a roof. It isn’t two hands and a heartbeat. It’s all of that and none of it.”
Her friend frowns, “Explain.”
“Home is the sound of your best friend’s laughter at three o'clock in the morning after she’s been crying since midnight. Home is riding in the car with the windows down in the middle of the day during autumn. Home is your favourite song, your favourite book. Home is seeing your mom cooking breakfast in her pjs after you’ve stayed up all night talking. Home is when you see your brother finally make that homerun even if you don’t care for sports. Home is the little things; the things you might not remember a year from then, but they matter. They’re the most important moments because when they all come together under a roof filled with terrible singing and laughing and food, you know in your heart you don’t want to be anywhere else.”
A/N: I strayed away from the request a bit just to follow a story line that I didn’t really plan, tbh (it just happened, I’m srry). I also switched up my style majorly for this just as an exercise, it’s in 3rd person and all but lemme know what you think and whether this is better, worse, or somewhere in between.
you write about Jughead getting a call that the reader just got shitfaced at a
party so he has to come get her and take care of her