I was going to fall apart, right there, right then—and they’d see precisely how ruined I was. Help me, help me, help me, I begged someone, anyone. Begged Lucien, standing in the front row, his metal eye fixed on me. Begged Ianthe, face serene and patient and lovely within that hood. Save me—please, save me. Get me out. End this. […] Good. I was not good. I was nothing, and my soul, my eternal soul, was damned— I tried to get my traitorous lungs to draw air so I could voice the word. No—no. But I didn’t have to say it. Thunder cracked behind me, as if two boulders had been hurled against each other. People screamed, falling back, a few vanishing outright as darkness erupted. I whirled, and through the night drifting away like smoke on a wind, I found Rhysand straightening the lapels of his black jacket. “Hello, Feyre darling,” he purred.
Help me, help me, help me,I begged someone, anyone. Begged Lucien, standing in the front row, his metal eye fixed on me. Begged Ianthe, face serene and patient and lovely within that hood. Save me—please, save me. Get me out. End this.
Tamlin took a step toward me—concern shading those eyes.
I retreated a step. No.
From this point forward, no matter what happens, I will be here.
If you need a shoulder, a hug, a friend, reach out to me. If you want someone who understands, my inbox is open. If you need something, anything, that words on a screen can fix, even if it’s just a distraction, come to me.
You aren’t trouble. You aren’t a pain. You are you. You are human. You deserve love and care and attention.
My inbox is open.
Please, give me your pain, your heart, your baggage. We’ll carry it together.
I have a few (well, a lot) of quotes to interpret and they’re really dense (and I tend to have super hard time understanding even the /easiest/ texts) so I need some help because my midterm is this Thursday!! ;; Can someone help me interpret or at least understand them better please??
1. “All fixed, fast-frozen relations, with their train of ancient and venerable prejudices and opinions, are swept away, all new-formed ones become antiquated before they can ossify. All that is solid melts into air, all that is holy is profaned, and man is at last compelled to face with sober senses his real conditions of life, and his relations with his kind.” (Marx)
2. “The Puritan wanted to be a person with a vocational calling; we must be. For to the extent that asceticism moved out of the monastic cell and was carried over into the life of work in a vocational calling, and then commenced to rule over this-worldly morality, it helped to do its part to build the mighty cosmos of the modern economic order – namely, an economy bound to the technical and economic conditions of mechanized, machine-based production.” (Weber)
3. “Amongst democratic nations, on the contrary, all the citizens are independent and feeble; they can do hardly anything by themselves, and none of them can oblige his fellow-men to lend him their assistance. They all, therefore, fall into a state of incapacity, if they do not learn voluntarily to help each other.” (Tocqueville)
4. “So far no chemist has ever discovered exchange value either in a pearl or a diamond. The economic discoverers of this chemical element, who by-the-bye lay special claim to critical acumen, find however that the use value of objects belongs to them independently of their material properties, while their value, on the other hand, forms a part of them as objects. What confirms them in this view, is the peculiar circumstance that the use value of objects is realized without exchange, by means of a direct relation between the objects of man, this is, by means of a social process.” (Weber(?)
5. “We can address the idea of naïve historical materialism – that such ‘ideas’ arise as a ‘reflection’ or ‘superstructure’ of economic situations – in more detail only later… Thus, in this case at any rate, the causal relationship between ideas and economic situations lies in the direction opposite from that which would be postulated by the ‘materialist’ arguments” (Weber)
6. “Now, once the individual is ruled out, only society remains. It is therefore in the nature of society itself that we must seek the explanation of social life. We can conceive that, since it transcends infinitely the individual both in time and space, it is capable of imposing upon him the ways of acting and thinking that it has consecrated by its authority. This pressure, which is the distinctive sign of social facts, is that which all exert upon each individual.” (Durkheim)
7. “In the social production of their life, men enter into definite relations that are indispensable and independent of their will, relations of production which correspond to a definite stage of development of their material productive forces. The sum total of these relations of production constitutes the economic structure of society, the real foundation, on which rises a legal and political superstructure and to which correspond definite forms of social consciousness.” (Marx)
I've noticed that my followers have grown into a pretty significant amount of people and i sort of just want to say that I KNOW YOU'RE SAD I KNOW YOU'RE IN PAIN BECAUSE YOU'RE HERE ON THIS PAGE SO PLEASE if you have anything you want to just get off of your chest and share although it probably won't fix it and i'm not saying it will YOU CAN MESSAGE ME you can just say you want to express yourself and that you don't realy need advice and I'll read the entirety of what you have to say because everyone wants to tell someone what's going on in their twisted brain and you can tell me and if you want I'll respond and help if thats what you want me to do but if you just want an ear to listen to your story and be there then I'll be just as fine with that too. 🎈
Help me, help me, help me, I begged someone, anyone. Begged Lucien, standing in the front row, his metal eye fixed on me. Begged Ianthe, face serene and patient and lovely within that hood. Save me- please, save me. Get me out. End this.
But I didn’t have to say it. Thunder cracked behind me, as if two boulders had been hurled against each other. People screamed, falling back, a few vanishing outright as darkness erupted. I whirled around, and through the night drifting away like smoke on a wind, I found Rhysand straightening the lapels of his black jacket.
I’m wondering if anyone can help… I am able to change a toddler’s eyes in CAS, but then when I press the tick and go into live mode, the toddler’s eyes revert back to brown. Am I doing something wrong? And if so, please can someone tell me how to fix it? Thank you. ❤
The door was kicked open, not by choice but more for lack there of, Eldin came in carrying a very similar looking purple haired girl in his arms. Ella’s body was covered in wounds both small and concerning, staining her brother’s clothes in dark purple but he could care less about that. “Please! Someone help me, my sister, she’s been injured!”
Is it just me or does anyone fall so hard for a person you can’t do anything to stop liking them even though things aren’t the way they used to be before, and you know by now you should have no feelings for them but when you just look at them your chest hurts ‘cause you know you can’t do anything to fix it to the relationship you once had. You start hating yourself for those heartaches and try to convince yourself that you hate him for making you feel this way but for some damn reason you can’t seem to hate him ‘cause effortlessly he just took that special place in your heart and you just can’t kick him out that easily. And you start having mental throwbacks of when he treated you nice and comforted you when you were sad and when we had endless conversations texting on the phone over nothing every single day and when he was shy but he still asked you out and when you went out with him it wasn’t as bad as you thought it’d be and you just wish you could rewind time back to those moments just so you can replay it over and over again and to fix any mistake you’ve ever made that made us into what we are now. Because honestly I’m hurting myself mentally everyday just thinking of you and I can’t stop it 'cause that’s just how much you’re in my head and I need you to leave so I can go on with my life with out anything holding me back. And I need to know for sure that whatever we had is completely gone and that I can move on because once I fall for a person I fall hard and it takes a lot for me to get back in my feet and I’m trying right now but I’m failing miserably and I just need to know that this isn’t just me and that this is completely normal. I need to know that this is just some phase that people go through and that in the long run I will be ok. I need that assurance.
I now own a bottle of pills to help me focus, a bottle of pills to take away my sadness and a bottle of pills to bring a calmness to my mind. I know that these are supposed to make me feel whole again. But needing them makes me feel like I’m more broken than ever before.
someone please tell me how to fix it // excerpt from a story I’ll never write #49
lmfao but Kevin Day has the biggest crush on Jeremy Knox and Neil and Andrew are so aware but only slightly jealous.
• like maybe Kevin fixes his hair a certain way when he sees Jeremy and Neil comes up behind him like
• “oh Jeremy! I admire your muscular growth over the past season! are you doing a juice cleanse? what’s your work out routine? maybe I could stretch you out”
• “Neil I swear to God I’ll snap your neck. Andrew help me out, please.”
• they both turn to Andrew who looks as if he isn’t paying attention but before they dismiss him all together, they hear him drone in monotone:
• “oh Jeremy, I can’t have sex unless there’s a USC game on in the background.”
• KEVIN EXPLODES I SWEAR HE THROWS A FIT HE IS YELLING AND FLAILING AND RED AND DENYING EVERYTHING
• but Jeremy Knox walks onto the court with his perfect smile and sexy body and suddenly Kevin day is MUSH he is pure mush.
• he’s flirting and they’re kind of teasing each other and jean and andreil are forced to look on as their boyfriends discuss the importance of kale in a protein smoothie.
• sure there’s a bit of jealousy but when it comes down to it it’s just a crush and a bit of mutual respect
• and teasing Kevin about it makes it all more satisfying
This dumbass just sent one of my friends a message. First of all doesn’t he think his messaged can be flagged as harassment and threatening someone to kill themselves? Please someone help me report this idiot. And secondly she is black. Not a jew. Get it right or get your damn eyes fixed. -3-