i doodled some human/oid thomas and i’ll post it tomorrow but like
everything is gray!! his hair is gray, his eyes are gray, his accessories are gray, he’s just black and white i made his pants kind of purple tho but they’re still….gray the only color he has is his skin tone, really, which is also fucking Pale
anyway he has wing earrings and a big poofy jacket that has wings on the back (he did it himself he’s v proud of it) but ya i’m gonna wait till tomorrow to post cause i’m already in bed
- “There is no more status quo. But the sun comes up and the world still spins.”
- “We are engaged in a battle for our nation’s very soul”
- “I’ve been reading ‘Common Sense’ by Thomas Payne. Some men say that I’m intense, or I’m insane. You want a revolution? I want a revelation! So listen to my declaration: 'We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal,’ and when I meet Thomas Jefferson (work!) I'mma compel him to include WOMEN in the sequel!”
- “History has its eyes on you”
- “A civics lesson from a slaver. Hey neighbor: your debts are paid cuz you don’t pay for labor. 'We plant seeds in the South. We create.’ Yeah. Keep ranting. We know who’s really doing the planting.”
- “But when all is said and all is done, Jefferson has beliefs. Burr has none.”
- “Winning was easy, young man. Governing’s harder.”
I’ve been very busy with work lately and sleeping five hours a night and things, so I’m probably overreaching and/or not making any sense, but this -
- I loved this, not only the scene, but how everything was framed, and yet there’s something bugging me - why is Dean keeping his right hand on the sigil and his left on the blade? Dean is right-handed - it would have made much more sense to cut his left hand and keep his dominant hand unhurt and free.
As I said, I’m basically delirious - but what we do know is that the left hand is the one which is a symbol for love, right? because that’s where we keep our rings (according to a medieval legend, there’s a vein that goes from the heart to our left hand, so that’s why our weddings bands go on our left hand and not our right)? Whereas the right hand - that’s rationality, doing things, fighting, writing, being all practical and sensible. And Dean’s right hand is on the Enochian sigil, because that’s the good choice - that’s what he should do to save everyone’s lives here - his, and also Sam’s, because his brother’s not far behind, because he never is, and as for Cas -
Dean’s feelings for Cas - a left-hand kind of thing. Back in Celebrating the Life of Asa Fox, the other Yockey episode, Dean picks up Asa’s angel blade with his right hand, because that was a weapon, and Dean favours his right hand when he fights, and that’s what makes sense. But this time around - I don’t think that blade is Cas’ (?), but it’s still an angel blade, which means it represents this brave, amazing, infuriating angel Dean loves unconditionally - hence the left hand, and Dean’s ‘illogical’, ‘wrong’ decision to trade his life for Cas’.