Hey! You made it through the first week of Mental Health Month. Have you been following along with our weekly prompts? Last week was all about posting it for yourself. You’re the most important person in your life, you know? Gotta take care of yourself the best you can.
This week is about focusing on each other. Focus on being an encouraging and understanding friend, or part of a supportive community. Even just being there to listen or get leaned on can make a huge difference in someone’s life. There’s no wrong way to show kindness. Here are some other suggestions to bring this kind of supportive kindness to your Tumblr:
- Create a post with positive message for someone going through a tough time. Make a text post, a video post, use stickers, make a GIF—whatever feels right to you.
- Message someone a compliment. Maybe send them a sticker.
- This is the positivity cat. Message it to 17 of your friends to give them positive vibes all month long. 🌞
- Leave a nice reply on someone’s post.
- If you’re up for it, make a post that your ask box is open to anyone who needs to chat.
- You’re never alone on Tumblr. Turn your dashboard into a mental health community and follow these search tags: #postitforward, #self-care, and #positivity.
- Reblog and tag your friends on this post or mention them in the replies to remind them to drink water.
If you follow through, and we hope you do, make sure to tag your posts with #postitforward so other people can find your stuff.
We hope you have a good week, Tumblr. Don’t forget, we’re always here for you too. <3
Oh yeah! Keep your eyes tuned for these Answer Times we put together just for Mental Health Month:
- 5/8—AJ Mendez Brooks, NAMI (@namiorg) ambassador, former pro wrestler, and author of Crazy Is My Superpower, a memoir about her experiences with bipolar disorder.
- 5/9—Brittany Snow and Courtney Knowles, co-founders of Love is Louder, from their official Tumblr (@loveislouderofficial).
- 5/10—Kelly Williams Brown, New York Times best-selling author, from her official Tumblr (@adulting).
- 5/15—Cynthia Germanotta, Lady Gaga’s mother and co-founder of the Born This Way Foundation.