It's MORPHIN' time! (KEY TERMS)
You ever notice that some people are just “naturally” thin and some are “naturally” hella fat? Pues…
Maybe you’re an ECTOMORPH?External imageExternal image
- Thin frame, long limbs and lean muscle mass
- Hard to gain/keep muscle aka “HARDGAINER”
- Flat chest and small shoulders
Maybe you’re a MESOMORPH?External imageExternal image
- Broad shoulders, well-defined aka “hard body”
- Strong and Athletic
- Gain or lose muscle/fat fairly reasonably
Maybe you’re an ENDOMORPH?External imageExternal image
- Larger frame, wide-waisted aka “stocky"
- Stronger lower body
- Gain muscle/fat easily
Or maybe you’re a combination of 2 kinds? Regardless, keep the terms in mind when addressing future workout plans. And btw, these pictures and descriptions are very exaggerated, but I’m sure you can honestly associate with at least one if not two somatotypes.