being ponyboy's best friend hcs
• this boy is weird.
• like so far out of the box he can’t see it any more, weird.
• SO many random thoughts and conversations when you hung out with him and it’s both adorable and concerning
• it wouldn’t matter what class you were in.
• he’s honestly a friendly guy when he feels like it.
• if you were a soc he would be more intimidated, so you probably talked to him first when you met
• so messy and disorganized
• like when you came over to his house when darry and sodapop were at work, his room looks like a tornado hit
• he only cleans soda’s side??? but not his own?? you don’t get it???
• he probably draws you in his notebook. but he’ll never show you unless he thinks it’s good and gets cocky
• “art museum called; they said my drawings are too good for them.”
• “ponyboy, it’s three in the morning, please stop calling me before my mom pulls the phone wires from the wall.”
• he doesn’t say “i love you“ as friends. he’s too nervous for that.
• he doesn’t want to scare you away.
• but he compliments you a lot.
• “you look nice,” “cool jacket. reminds me of johnny.” “you’re my best friend and you’re pretty funny, but never forget who’s the funniest.”
• lets you read his writing and bored drabble
• he writes about you absentmindedly. sometimes he doodles your name.
• honestly, this boy could fall in love with anyone if you give him .2 seconds even though his ass claims to “not like girls” yet.
• so basically: he’d probably end up having romantic feelings for you along the road and write goddamn poetry.
• it’s not the best at first. but then it gets deeper.
• like this guy could be shakespeare when he had feelings for someone
• it’s so OBVIOUS oh my god
• this bitch ain’t subtle
• his family wouldn’t really talk to you when you first became friends but as you spent the entire years of high school together as best friends,
• they were used to seeing you
• so they eased up
• “hey, ponyboy’s not here but darry made mashed potatoes and you can stay over if you want.”
• dally would piss you off and so you would educate ponyboy—who was already keen on equality—about how messed up it is that the gang sometimes says lousy stuff to women they see on the street
• ponyboy ignored you for a week because dallas pounded him flat when he tried to tell him to lay off innocent girls
• he apologized and you nursed his black eye.
• you egged dallas’ car for ponyboy and you never told pony.
• ponyboy told you which movies to watch when he didn’t watch them with you.
• he’s such a good friend. he’d cherish you and make you feel good about yourself.
• “we’ll still be friends in the future right?”
• “i’ll bet on every sunset that we will.”
“pony PLEASE for the everloving shit, shut up about cherry valance you talked to her ONCE. ONCE. oh? sorry my bad, you talked to her TWICE. you guys are practically SOULMATES.”
“you’re so immature, y/n.”
“i’ll bet you a pretzel that i can beat you in an arm wrestle.”
“no, that’s not a fair deal, y/n. we both know who’s going to win and we both know it ain’t going to be me.”
“so what if you’re a greaser?”
*cue 15 hour rant on how everything SUCKS. he doesn’t even talk about the social situation anymore. the sun is up. he’s still going. you never asked him why he hated niels bohr or about the trachtenberg method*