Stop trying to make poor people feel guilty for splurging on a $12 bottle of wine once in a while or a $2 coffee every other morning while you throw around money like it’s nothing.
I’m so sorry to tell you, but when someone works 40+ hours a week, or even just part time, and still can’t afford to spend $2 for a damn coffee, THEY ARE NOT THE PROBLEM. Our society is.
You’re out here buying yourself $20 lunches and $50 shampoos like, please tell me more about how a coffee that puts a smile on my face is me “spending irresponsibly”.
What am I supposed to just work, and go home? Never do anything, never buy myself a lunch or a new shirt ever or enjoy life in the slightest? Cause there are millionaires out there with vacation mansions in 8 different countries so please keep telling me how I’m wasting my money on a fucking $10 lipstick that made me feel pretty.
To people in favour of banning fidgets/spinners in schools:
It’s detrimental to neurotypicals, you say?
The non-ableist response is “then they should stop using it”, not “then we should ban them and keep them from kids who need them”.
That’s like banning prescription glasses for everyone because it’s harmful to the vision of kids with 20-20 vision, without any regard for the impact on the health, well-being, and quality of education it would have on people who need glasses.
That’s like blaming prescription glasses for making the vision of kids with 20/20 vision blurry.
They’re not meant for kids with 20-20 eyesight any more than fidgets are meant for neurotypical kids.
I have just watched Audrie&Daisy on Netflix. And I need to say two things.
First of all, here a list of reasons why we should do MORE about this issue.
1) The sheriff of Maryville thinks that having sex with an unconscious person, isn’t rape.
2) The sheriff also thinks that girls who were raped have their own part of fault, because they want just attention. Yeah, he said that.
3) Always the same sheriff thinks it’s okay to laugh during an interview about rape. Just because he isn’t so sure about the rape, so whatever.
4) The mayor of Maryville is more concerned for the reputation of his little hometown, than the fact that two teens were raped.
5) A big part of the people of Maryville has decided to destroy the life of a family, just because they weren’t happy of having to deal with the fact that two boys of their town had raped two girls.
6) One of the boys, who was processed, has said that what he learned from this story it’s that “girls gossip a lot”. And let me be more specific, this boy is basically one of the reason why a beautiful little girl has killed herself.
There are more things to say, but I’m so so so disgusted by this. And I can’t believe that I had to hear some bullshits.
But, I hope that many girls who have lost faith in others, who are in danger, can watch this and call for help.
Finally, I wanna send all my love to the beautiful girls in the documentary. You’re brave, you’re amazing and I wish Audrie had been there with all of you. I wish to all of you an happy life and a better future.
Shoutout to Asians who:
- Cannot speak their parent’s native language
- Have been told they don’t “look asian”, or are “a bad asian”
- Whose achievements have been immediately invalidated “because you’re asian”
- Who come from biracial families
- That feel like they don’t fit the “standard” for their ethnicity
You guys are amazing, and 100% valid. Never forget that.