The Man on the Island
Varric and Solas Party Banter
- Solas: Do you ever miss life beneath the earth? The call of the Stone?
- Varric: Nah. Whatever the Stone - capital S - is, it was gone by the time my parents had me.
- Solas: But… do you miss it?
- Varric: How could I miss what I never had?
- Varric: But say I did have that sense, that connection to the Stone. What would it cost me?
- Varric: Would I lose my friends up here? Would I stop telling stories?
- Varric: I like who I am. If I want to hear songs, I’ll go to a tavern.
- Solas: You are wiser than most.
(transcript of the the rest of the banter under the cut)