How about five things for Rogue One?
1. The kyber crystal necklace felt like a dropped thread to me. “The strongest stars have hearts of kyber,” Jyn and her necklace, it all felt like it should be more somehow? I’m not sure what place it could have had or how it could have been incorporated better, but you drop a badass line like that and give your heroine a close personal totem on the same theme and … do nothing with it? I feel like something ended up on the cutting room floor that shouldn’t have.
2. Look, I know we kind of had to have General Tarkin around, but the CGI puppet was a little scary in the uncanny valley kind of way. I could handle the Leia one because it was just a couple seconds, but not Tarkin. Please, write around him.
3. I kind of wanted a Jyn & Bodhi conversation about how he came to know her father and why he decided to pass that message on. They were so connected through him and that didn’t go anywhere. Really, there were a couple backstories and relationships I wanted expanded out (why does Baze call Jyn “little sister”? They’ve barely talked!).
4. I feel like something more could have been done with Saw Gerrerra? I’m not sure what, but something. The “Save the rebellion, save the dream” was another good quotable line that felt tossed in there.
5. More of that lady in gold who was arguing at the Rebellion table. I did not catch her name, but I like her, and we needed more ladies.
But honestly the first two are the things that matter to me. The third point–I wanted backstory and interaction, but in weird horrible ways it made sense? Like, these people were meant to have time to have deeper connections and discuss things like how Bodhi got to know Galen Erso and it makes their deaths all the more tragic that they didn’t get the chance to have those conversations.