10 Easy Changes You Can Make To Your Lifestyle To Be Happier And Healthier Almost Instantly
I’ve been having some issues lately with staying positive and pushing myself to build healthy habits. At times I get too wrapped up in work and friends and my education that I forget that I’m a human being and that I need to put myself higher on my list of priorities. I have a major problems with articles that claim they have “easy” tips for being happy and healthy overnight. It’s really not that simple, and I’m not going to lie, the ones below aren’t a cakewalk for everyone, but I thought they were useful in my own experience and wanted to share them with you.
Every time you reach for a soda or an extra coffee, switch it out for water. It provides a healthier and more long term boost of energy by clearing out those mentally depressing toxins from your body.
Meditate once a day. Even if it’s only 30 seconds in the morning after you’ve finished getting ready, take a step back and devote some time to becoming calm and clearing your head to increase focus and encourage a peaceful mindset.
Exercise. Don’t create a hardcore 2 hour daily workout routine right off the bat after months of little to no activity. Start small, maybe 10 abdominal exercises, 10 leg exercises, and 10 weighted tricep curls on each arm paired with a 15 minute walk around the block. There. That’s only roughly 30 minutes of your day and you’re not even sweaty enough to have to shower afterwards.
Use natural ingredients as skin care. Moisturize with coconut oil, make your own essential oils and charcoal face wash, soap, and bath bombs, and maybe devote 1-2 days of the week to wearing no make up (if you wear it every day) in order to let your skin breathe.
Keep your space organised. When you’ve just changed and that sweater you wore today is on the floor, take the two extra seconds to hang it up or fold it and put it away. When you’re done with your meal, rinse it and put it in the dish washer. It’s not that difficult to prevent your home from becoming a pig sty.
Make your bed every morning. It’s a good habit to have, it makes your room look nice and clean, even if there are some things on the floor, and it makes it look even more appealing when you look over at 11 PM and decide whether to watch another episode of your Netflix obsession or get some beauty rest.
Speaking of sleep, do it! Regularly! It is essential to your health and happiness to get a good amount of sleep every night. 7-10 hours is the recommended amount of nightly rest you should fit in, so set a bedtime and your alarm and get that shut eye.
Spend the time to treat yourself. If you think a 20 minute sheet mask or some extra time to have a cup of tea and read your latest pick from the library shelves, set that time aside to enjoy yourself and wind down. You need the time to recharge, so keep that high on your priority list.
Keep a planner. It may be something you’re already doing, but if you’re not, this is a life changing habit to have. Every morning, write down your to-do list, your schedule, and any reminders. Save some room on your calendar for any plans that may pop up and your life will instantly be more organised and you’ll be way less likely to forget that really important due date.
Don’t push positivity if it isn’t there. Nobody is happy and bubbly and super motivated all the time, so don’t spend all of your time reblogging positivity quotes on Tumblr or trying to ignore every emotion that is “negative”. You’re human. Life happens and sometimes you’ll be just plain blue. It’s healthy to acknowledge the feelings that make you feel hopeless and unmotivated and seem all too frequent. The sun will shine tomorrow and you will find more and more reasons to fill every moment with meaning every single day.
Here’s to future health and happiness for you all. Cheers! x
From now until May 1st, you can use the coupon code SPRINGCLEANING17 and get 25% off purchases of $15 or more! Guys, I live in a very small place and these soaps are surrounding me. Please help. I need to not drown in bath products and also feed my family. And to keep my roommate @cornerof5thandvermouth from eating them. That is not how I feed him but he has poor impulse control. This offer is applicable to all products and any future listings between now and May 1st!
1. Neosporin is really good for stretch marks. (for people who dislike them but always know that there’s nothing wrong with having stretchmarks!)
2. Clean rooms bring good energy. Open your blinds and turn some music on a get to work. You will feel great!
3. The first thing you should drink in the morning is water, nothing else. Try to drink three cups throughout the day. It not only helps you lose weight but clears your skin.
4. Sometimes you just have to read certain shit and not respond, not everybody deserves to hear your answers.
5. Face masks are great. Find whichever kind you think you’ll like best and put it on after you take a shower and just chill in bed.
6. Too much coconut oil clogs your pores. Use it wisely.
7. Going to bed at a decent time is cool. Don’t let your phone distract you, the earlier the sleep the more energy you’ll have the next. More sleep = more motivation to get your work done. just do it.
8. Naps are good and sometimes it’s okay to not do that one page of homework and call it quits to get rest.
9. If you hate just plain water and you can’t stand drinking it put lemons and other fruits in it.
10. Water with lemon cleans your system out nicely and makes you urine more.
11. Eight tracks is a good app for new music and playlist. If you haven’t used it try it. Music always makes things better.
12. Keep your private life to yourself or else you will have to face other people’s ugly comments.
13. Try to read at least 5 books this year or more, especially if you don’t like reading. Reading benefits you in many ways, you will be proud.
14. If you have the time to get chores or homework done then do it, don’t tell yourself you’ll do it later.
15. Invest in good bath products, soaps and bath bombs and bath oils. they will do your skin wonders.
16. Invest in good hair products too, make sure you buy things for your hair type.
17. If you want to have sex then have sex and do you, forget the comments. Bring your own condoms if you must.
18. Be friends with who you want to be friends with. You don’t have to be friend everybody.
19. Always stick up for yourself, but if you are wrong and you are being told so, take time to think and accept it.
20. Keep an extra pair of panties, pads/tampons, chapstick and headphones on you just in case.
21. Cranberry juice, yogurt, pineapples, apple juice and just natural sweet things in general.. eat it. I hope you catch my drift.
22. Mens shaving cream works better than woman’s, it makes you skin softer and hair stays gone longer.
23. Men’s razors provide a closer shave. Invest in them.
24. Buying lingerie or pretty undergarments in general will make you feel so much more confident.
25. Sometimes it’s good to just listen to people talk and let them talk for the sake of you not arguing and loosing brain cells.
26. Everybody should take a bath a few times out of the week or months. Baths open your pores and yes showers are cool but baths are A1.
27. Always put on lotion after you finish bathing too. You want your skin nice and smooth at all times.
28. Save your money. as soon as you get it the first thing you shouldn’t buy is food. buy things that will last and benefit you.
29. Mind your own business. Who cares about what the next person is doing? Just do you.
30. Organize your closet.
31. Always be nice to people who are always nice to you.
32. Compliment other people. It’s good to uplift anybody. If you think somebody’s shoes are cute just tell them.
33. Treat yourself to pasta and something nice to drink on Friday nights after a long week. Pasta makes everything better.
34. Just learn to love yourself and who you are as a person.
35. You have a right to feel whatever emotion you feel, don’t judge your emotions.
36. If you are sensitive and people bash you for it, don’t listen to their ignorant words. Sensitive people are usually emphatic.
37. Make a grocery list before you go shopping regardless of how lazy you are.
38. Take walks. If you feel bad and need to breathe, plug in your headphones and walk. They clear your mind.
39. Keep a journal and write in it whenever you feel as if you have nobody to speak to. It’s a good way to get rid of things inside.
40. If you’re confident and you think you are the shit then you keep doing that. Or fake it till you make it.
41. Embrace insults. If somebody calls you a name turn around and flip it. People hate to see you unbothered.
42. Try to use natural/organic and cruelty free skincare/haircare products. Limit nasty chemicals, it’s good for both you and the environment.
Tips on how to feel better and look better by @contourkits
youve heard me complaining that they smell too good and that i have to resist the urge to eat them (which is true, i am That Kind of actual certified crazy person with poor impulse control who gets the urge to put everything in my mouth) and i will say that the bath bombs i honestly like better than Lush’s stuff for moisturizing my skin
also! one of our friends is very allergic to most nice soaps, but doesn’t have a reaction to this stuff, so if you have sensitive skin, these are probably a good bet for you!
hello everyone! Regarding the bath bombs, bath salts, essential oils, soaps, etc. I was hoping to start it all by the end of the month, but some things came up so I’ll most likely start Mid-March or so. But I am willing to take some pre-orders!
1 - $5 2- $8 3- $14 4- $18 5- $22 6- $26 plus One (1) FREE essential oil!
Essential Oils all bottles are 2oz
1 - $2 2 - $3.50 3 - $5 4 -$7.50 5 -$9
Bath Salts 8oz and 16oz containers
8oz: 1 - $4 2 - $7 3 - $10 4 - $14
16oz: 1 - $6 2 - $11 3 - $15 4 - $20
1- $4 2- $6 3- $10 4- $14
Pack of 5 -$1 Pack of 10 -$3.50 Pack of 15 -$5 Pack of 20 -$7.50
If you guys are interested then please send me a message on the instant messenger! If you’d like that I put an enchantment or spell on any of these, please let me know!
Unfortunately, right now I can only ship to those of you in the US, but I hope to go international soon!
If you do want to purchase any of these I ask for the payment, an email address, you full name, address, and city, state, and zip code! And thats it! If you have any questions about anything please contact me via instant messenger, ask, or my email address email@example.com
All payments are made through Paypal @lilir828 @yahoo.com Tips are welcomed and appreciated!
Please Reblog this to spread the word! Thank you everyone for your support!