Spell Request Item: Compact Mirror (thanks!)
Compact Mirror Spell
A spell to reflect on your day with ease and promote dreams that process your day in the most helpful way possible
Materials: Compact mirror, strand of hair, dry-erase marker (or highlighter), material to wipe off marker (tissue, sock, used drier sheet, etc.)
- Open your mirror.
- Choose one and drag your finger along the edge counter-clockwise while mentally reviewing your day. Try to remember everything you can from the moment you woke up to the moment leading up to this spell.
- Continue circling your finger around the mirror until you reach the present moment.
- Grab a strand of your own hair and place it on top of the bottom mirror.
- On the top mirror, with your marker, draw a sigil for recalling past events and/or processing them in your dreams.
- Snap the compact shut.
- If you have a wand, wave it over the compact clockwise while stating “so mote it be.” Otherwise, just stating it will be fine without a wand.
- Open it up and grab the strand of hair. Pull it hard to break it, if it’s not long enough, cut it.
- Discard the hair and erase the sigil from the mirror.
- Take one final look at your eyes in the top mirror before closing it and sealing the spell.
This spell should allow you to process the day’s events and ease any emotional distress it ma have caused you. It’s always good to understand why you feel the things you do, this spell should help you be your own “therapist” for minor issues.