hey caffeine!! so my highschool has this writing contest and i really want to participate. the topic can be whatever we want (free form? style? i don't know how to say it in english lol) and i can't think of anything for the life of me. i've been looking at prompt blogs all day but nothing convinces me, and bc i always like what you write about, i was wondering if you could give me some ideas/tell me your favourite tropes or something like that. thanks for reading anyway!!!💖
WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME! Here’s five things that have been on my mind lately!
- Superhero universe: Your best friend left your small town to become a hero in the Big City. But, after three years, you turn on the news and see that they’ve become a super villain. So now you gotta go take them out because of this blood pack you guys made when you were eight.
- The Fae: Shana’s a changeling, something that the good folk in her parents’ backyard thinks should surprise her. She thinks that it might have in the old days when iron jewelry wasn’t a thing, but she’s known since she was eight and googled “Allergic to iron??????”
- Okay, so you know that one scene in the movies where the MC learns a secret art from a master? And then the MC has to go fight the Big Bad after like a month of tutelage? What if another master of the art shows up, sees what’s going on and THROWS DOWN with the master who trained the MC? “WHAT PART OF YEAR AND A DAY TRAINING DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND??? MC HAS BEEN TRAINING FOR A MONTH!” And then they go fight the Big Bad.
- Someone who’s got precognitive abilities that can only see five seconds into the future. They call it the “five second rule” and all of their friends think it’s about food and the entire plot is just a series of misunderstandings around that.
- “Sorry I’m late. The five second rule doesn’t apply to late buses.” “???Lol, you’re a crack up, of course it doesn’t apply to buses.”
- An empath who hides their ability from the world, thinking that they’ll be ostracized for it. Then aliens land and the ALIENS are empaths and are looking for “evolutionary anomalies” that makes humans compatible with their dying species. So…romance, I guess? Or a dystopian rebel story.