Most writers tend to focus on oikawa and develops their own version of him and not so much iwa... so what are your iwa headcannons? Like his quirks, hobbies, favorite tv show, favorite way to relax...? I need more iwa-building in general
Some miscellaneous Iwaizumi headcanons! (Implied Iwaoi).
- He has an excellent poker face, but he’s absolute shit at card games. He doesn’t think through the strategy like Oikawa; rather, he follows his intuition. Which sometimes leads him to win… and other times, not so much.
- He’s always been fairly tidy and likes things to be organized. He’s much more calm when his surroundings are organized and clear. If he has something he needs to work on, he can’t focus until everything is in it’s place and cleaned up properly.
- One of his biggest struggles is being honest about his feelings. More often than not, he feels like bringing up his feelings is burdening those around him. So he buries them deep, letting them fester, and - at times - causing him stress and starting fights. As he gets older this is really something that he works on, but it’s never his first instinct to confide easily, or bring up a topic that he needs to talk about but is afraid to. Communication is hard!
- When he is stressed, sleeping becomes very very difficult.He starts just getting used to this, figuring it’ll pass - he’ll start sleeping soon, when he needs it, when he gets over it - he agrees to talk to his friends when it’s becoming too much and it’s easier when he’s not carrying all these stresses alone.
- He is the kind of person who can sleep anywhere. On the couch, on his side, curled up in a ball. He prefers to sleep in just his underwear or naked when possible. He loves to cuddle, wrapping his arms around Oikawa and nosing against his neck; he finds this calming.
- He runs pretty hot. He can’t sleep without blankets - always needs at least one - but prefers to pick a thin one so he can just cuddle and not get too hot. He usually doesn’t notice how warm he is, but he does love it when Oikawa comes over when it’s cold out and the first thing he does is climb on his lap and burrow against his chest, leeching all the warmth possible.
- He really enjoys and needs physical contact. As a kid, it’s often small - lots of hugs, holding hands. As he grows older, he and Oikawa spend a lot of time cuddling, snuggling, and lots of soft, casual touches - like putting his hand on Oikawa’s back when he walks by while Oikawa is making dinner, or dozing while Oikawa reads, resting his head on his thigh and letting Oikawa run his fingers through his hair.
He snorts when he laughs, when he really laughs, and it’s pretty much the cutest thing on planet Earth. There have been surveys. Everyone agrees. Of course, he doesn’t do this very often, only when he’s very comfortable.
- He’s afraid of thunderstorms. He has noise-cancelling headphones he wears as a kid, but when he gets older he starts to feel like he should be able to deal with this, so he gets rid of them. When the next storm comes, it’s far worse - but Oikawa’s around when it happens and he gives him some music to listen to, they close the blinds and just hole up together until Iwaizumi is relaxed enough to sleep. From then on he’s gotten better at dealing with it, and being prepared for it.
- He doesn’t text a lot - in texts, they are always short and brief, but he replies to every text he gets, even if it’s just a confirmation that he got the message and read it. Oikawa’s gotten a lot of Got it texts. Being clear is very important to him.
- He is very much always in motion. When he’s thinking or nervous, he paces. He’s a fidgeter, often shaking his leg, tapping his foot, things like that. As a kid it sometimes annoys Oikawa, but the older they get, the more he finds comfort in the little noises, and the movement doesn’t bother him quite so much anymore.
- He doesn’t use every facet of social media like Oikawa does, but he is really good at figuring things out when it comes to computers and phones and other tech. He enjoys video games, and he’s quite skilled at them. He loves old games especially.
- He enjoys wearing jeans and hoodies, but also swaps in sportswear and Oikawa is suffering
I mean come on sweatpants like that should not be allowed, you can see too much-
- He’s always listening to music, no matter what he’s doing, and it’s the best way for him to calm down or amp himself up, whatever he needs.