CEO!Shikamaru headcanons to his daughter being upset with him for missing her talent show? - RainbowClouds
Jay: Thank you for the request <3 It isn’t too long, but I hope you enjoy it! :3
CEO! AU: Shikamaru missing his daughter’s talent show.
- CEO!Shikamaru is the kind of dad who comes home totally drained of energy and falls straight into bed. Maybe he’s got some dinner, but the workdays are hell for him and his daughter. He makes time on the weekends as much as he can, but honestly, he’s the kind of guy who is like “I work so much, i just need some sleep right now.” So honestly, I can see this going three ways.
- She tells him about it, but he forgets because he didn’t really listen to her at the dinner table. Dick move, shika.
- He literally fell asleep and that’s why he missed her show.
- He was stuck at a meeting, which he personally hates the most.
- His girl is probably very intelligent but god, she’s just a kid too! And sometimes Shikamaru can forget that. He knows his wife is aware of his job, she has to accept and love him for it - but a child can’t see things the way he or his partner may be able to. She wants her papa, everybody else’s dad is there, why can’t he be there?
- He’s gonna feel guilty about it either way but… might just not be the best at explaining it to his daughter. Might go to his partner for advice because being a CEO, he doesn’t have too much time with his daughter. And he often feels like he isn’t as connected to her as he’d like to!
- Depending on what kind of things his daughter likes, he’d try to make it up to her on the weekends. Maybe spend time with her somewhere she’s wanted to go for a while. He’s always a lil akward with his kid in their younger years if he really is a CEO but he tries his best
- Honestly, he might crack a little smile if he sees his girl being all pouty, but he understands she’s actually upset. And even though going out to events like this is usually a draaaag, he wants to be part of his child’s life! Those are important moments and he knows that his daughter needs him. And since he doesn’t have much time for her in his every day life, he sees it as even more important!
- I can see him trying extra hard to be part of it next time! Uhh, uhhhh maybe if she dances or sings then he’s going to sit down at home and let her do it for him, in their living room? “I am sorry, I couldn’t be there. Why don’t you show me now? I really want to see it!”