How ‘bout that Book?
And by book, I mean a fic.
Hello all, um, I think I am up to 14 followers now? (internal squee) So yes. Hello all 14 of you and the occasional few random people who might come upon this in your feed as a suggestion.
I read a thing! A fan fic to be exact. And, much to my surprise and joy, I thoroughly enjoyed it. So I thought I might review it. (You’re welcome)
For this one, there are going to be a few extra categories of information since it is a fan fic and all…
Question One: What did I read?
Well, dahlin’, I’d be more than happy to answer that.
I, with my own two, blue eyeballs, read “Hang the Fool” by AlmaMeDuele.
Question Two: What Fandom is it for?
I likes me some Overwatch and I have fallen quite a bit in love with the McHanzo ship.
Question Three: What is it about?
These two lovelies falling for each other
And also the reuniting of Overwatch, and Jesse McCree’s back story.
Question Four: Why do you like it so much?
Omigod. This requires a list. Possible spoilers so if you want to read this, skip to the TL;DR.
- For starters, the pacing in this is amazing. I tend to see a lot of pacing issues in fan fics. Normally things happen entirely too fast and it feels forced.
- Then there is the detail and the way the characters are portrayed. Their motivations are wonderful. The way everything is just so casual but not is wonderful. Watching (Reading) these two fall in love is wonderful.
- And then there is Jesse McCree. I have a weak spot for guys who are battling their own demons and man Does McCree have his fair share of demons. It is wonderful. The portrayal of his reactions and his panic attacks are amazing. I could read stuff like that for days. Days.
- Character development! I am going to be honest. I went into this not expecting much. I used to read fan fic a long time ago and I rarely if ever actually enjoyed them. The ideas were always good but poorly executed. Seeing this much depth and growth within the characters from “Hang the Fool” was truly amazing and I need more. I need it.
- The conflicts, the imagining of Talon and Reyes’ involvement, the growth of Overwatch, the concern of characters for each other, the human emotions. Seriously, this person needs to be like a published author is they aren’t already. I really love this.
Question Five: How long is it?
About 22 chapters. Long enough that it took me about three days of reading and put my other books on the back burner.
Question Six: Age rating?
I normally don’t add this question to a review but I think that a lot of the McHanzo fics may end up being M (for mature). This one is definitely mature, and not just because of the sex. Events that take place, emotions, reactions, PTSD. All those things make it M.
Question Seven: What would I rate this?
A solid 8 or 9 out of 10. Seriously. Go read this. Read this fic right now. It gave me life. Even if you don’t know or play or care about Overwatch, it stands alone as an awesome story regardless. READ IT.
- I read a fan fic called “Hang the Fool”
- It is based on the Overwatch, McHanzo fandoms.
- It is so good and you should read it. Like stop reading this and go read that.
- The pacing, character development, and over all writing is fantastic.
- It is M for mature, and I give it a pretty high rating.
- GO READ IT
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd because we are all talking about this fandom already…(I know I already did Overwatch, but I don’t care)