OK so I HC that once they start dating officially (after the Big Talk), for a little while they'll both be avoiding arguments/conflict like the plague because they're in the honeymoon phase, and it would probably take a while to fully believe "Wow this is happening, he actually loves me and won't leave even if we get angry at each other for some reason." What will their first official fight be over? Something serious or silly? (or even better -- if you're feeling up to it -- a top ten list?)
Top Ten Viktuuri Fights:
10) When they first started living together there was an adjustment period where they had to learn to work around each other’s bad habits and compromise so the ‘fight’ mainly consisted of Yuuri getting silently annoyed that Viktor kept coming back with really expensive elaborate things from the supermarket for dinner but forgetting to buy basics like the milk and Viktor passive aggressively tidying up after Yuuri who still had an ingrained student habit of leaving his clothes lying everywhere and not doing the laundry until absolutely necessary. They worked it out in the end by talking about it and making up a chores rota where Yuuri did the shopping and Viktor did the laundry and they both did the cleaning together to make everyone happy
9) Non-serious fights over who Vicchan and Makkachin like more. Enough said.
8) An argument when they were adopting their new puppy because Viktor wanted to adopt every single dog in the building and Yuuri did too but he had a more realistic idea of how many dogs they could fit into their apartment
7) They had a bad week at one point when they were living together but both training very hard for the upcoming competition and barely saw each other which made them both snappish and irritable. They both got a bit insecure that the other one was drifting away from them. It all came to a head one night when Viktor made a snarky comment and Yuuri snapped back at him and devolved into crying and talking about feelings and cuddling. After that they made a big effort to specifically reserve time to do things together and by the time the competition came around everything was resolved
6) While they were still long distance they ended up having a minor fight because Viktor kept forgetting about the time difference and calling at really inappropriate times but they solved that one pretty quickly
5) They had a reasonably serious argument during one point where Yuuri was reading all the negative comments from people about their relationship online and getting really insecure which made him start to pull away and isolate himself and ended in an argument which was eventually resolved by lots of reassurance and cuddling and him promising to come to Viktor if he was ever feeling like that again rather than pulling away and starting to doubt
4) They have fought a lot over who loves the other more but as you can imagine these are not serious fights at all and usually result in either cuddles, tickle fights or sex
3) They had a fight over money and finance because Yuuri was used to saving every penny and sending almost everything home or putting it in a savings account and Viktor was much more lax with money and enjoyed buying Yuuri expensive presents and that made them clash. They talked it out eventually and found a balance in the end, although Viktor still couldn’t help buying Yuuri elaborate presents every now and then
2) Someone once dared them to try and land a quad axel and being the competitive idiots that they were they ended up spending a ridiculous number of hours trying to do and arguing over who was going to manage it first
1) Most of their fights were little things that got solved pretty quickly and they only ever had one really horrendous screaming-yelling-crying awful fight. It was while they were living together and started over something really stupid but rapidly spiralled out of control and Yuuri ended up saying some hurtful things out of insecurity that he regretted and Viktor ended up saying some hurtful things out of thoughtlessness that he regretted and it set both of them on the defensive and lashing out and it got really, really bad. A lot of old dirt was brought back up and old wounds were reopened and they both got very hurt and upset. It ended with Viktor completely shutting down after something Yuuri said and just walking out the apartment because he knew he was furious and about to cry and needed some space which sent Yuuri into a really bad downward spiral and subsequent ‘sobbing into Vicchan’s fur’ kind of breakdown. After a few hours apart to cool off they both could look back and see where they were each in the wrong. Viktor showed up at the door with a bunch of flowers to find Yuuri cooking borscht in the kitchen and they hugged it out and then sat down and talked it out because by that point they had got pretty good with the communication stuff. They both apologised and worked out how to get to the root of the issue and forgave each other very quickly.