How do you think Walter's space memories will come back and how do you think he will react?
* * * * Alright so for starters, please no one reblog this to comment your own ideas. Put them in your tags all day long, but this is what I think and I’d like to keep the content of this specific post to what I think.* * * *
In terms of how he will remember/find out, I have a few ideas:
- Someone will slip and bring it up.
- He will find video footage.
- His memory will be visually triggered (i.e. seeing a capsule again, seeing Paige in her 2.01 outfit, etc, remember no character knows that he was seeing her wearing that so it’s possible she could just casually decide to wear it one day and that’d do it).
- His memory will be triggered some other way, such as hearing the song they danced to, hearing some dialogue that someone casually says that happened to be included in his hallucination, being put into space again, being in some oxygen deprivation situation again, etc.
Now his memory could come back all at once or in snippets (and with either option, it could be hazy or crystal clear), but I don’t think the way they return will affect the how too much.
In terms of how he will react: (and it could be a subset of these)
- Anger at Paige for telling him she loved him and promising they’d be together if he survived.
- Anger at Paige for knowing how he feels about her and continuing to flaunt Tim in front of him as opposed to not trying to make the two be friends and by limiting PDA at work like Quintis does.
- Anger at everyone who knew about it for keeping it all from him.
- A level of fear and distrust of everyone for a while, since some pretty significant stuff happened that they all knew about all this time and didn’t give him a heads up about.
- Uncontrolled curiosity at if Paige meant anything that she said.
- Pretending that he doesn’t remember and so while we know he has, the rest of the characters don’t - this way we probably wouldn’t know how he feels about it, at least not right away.
- Complete acceptance, as in assuming from the get go that Paige didn’t mean what she said and it was the only way to bring him home, so she did what she had to do to complete the mission.
There’s so many different ways it could go but these are the most likely ones in my opinion.