- on the first weekend of December the gang goes to the cabin for a sleepover and to help El decorate for her first Christmas.
- They all wear their ugliest Christmas sweaters and Mike brings an extra one for Eleven. It’s and old one so it fits pretty well but is still a bit too big but Eleven love it because it smells like Mike and she loves sweater paws.
- Eleven has taken up baking since she has so much time on her hands so under El’s instruction they make Christmas cookies together. Dustin is eventually banned from the kitchen for eating the cookie dough and Max doesn’t have the patience for baking so they start sorting through all the old Christmas decorations that everyone brought with them.
- They start decorating the tree together, Will has drawn all of them as their D&D characters, cut them out and put string through them so they can hang them on the tree. They string fairy lights around the tree and tinsel and candy canes. Dustin lifts El up on his shoulders so she can put the star on top of the tree.
- They build a blanket fort in the living room around the TV and put together an Eggo extravaganza. They all bundle in and set up Dustin’s ATARI. Lucas and Max play while Dustin and Will watch from the sofa making occasional comments mostly making fun of Lucas. Eleven is bundled up in her sweater curled into Mike with her arms wrapped around his middle and her head tucked into the crook of his neck. His arm is wrapped around her shoulder running his fingers through her hair and giving her his signature heart eyes while Dustin rolls his eyes at them every few minutes.
- When Hopper gets home he is not at all surprised to see the state of his home grabbing one of the cookies and complimenting the tree.
- Steve brings pizza when he stops by on his way home. He invades their blanket fort for a while and gets obliterated by Max in some racing game.
- The kids stay up super late playing video games and talking, Hopper doesn’t really care because its not a school night. Eleven falls asleep first still tucked into Mike’s side so he is pretty much stuck were he is on the couch. Dustin and Will fall asleep curled up in their sleeping bags. Lucas and Max stay up talking and eventually just fall asleep against the sofa.
- Eggos for breakfast obviously. Hopper wakes up first taking a look inside the fort. He rolls his eyes at his daughter and what he has come to know as the lovesick Wheeler menace and starts making breakfast a bit louder than necessary to get the kids up before noon.
- They spend the rest of the morning eating Eggos and playing in the snow outside. Eleven makes her first snowman and she steels Hopper’s badge and hat to decorate him. (Jim is not pleased). They have a snowball fight and make snow angels all around the cabin. Mike and El end up with matching curls because of all the snow making Mike’s hair damp. Lucas lets Max borrow his bandanna to keep her hair back while they play.
- Hopper eventually has to chase the kids out of his house so ther parents don’t send search parties. Lucas and Max walk home together even though they have their bike and skateboard. Steve picks up Dustin and Jonathan picks up Will while Mike hangs back to say good bye to Eleven (Hopper not so subtly peaks out the kitchen window to watch). Mike gives her a kiss on the forehead (kinda their thing now since he’s so tall) and Eleven gets on her tip toes to wrap her arms around his neck to give him a hug.
What about team nice dynamite playing surgeon simulator on a real person