Ok, so my final thoughts on the video update:
- We finally got some insight into Ayano’s family life, and it seems that Mr. Aishi does indeed have Stockholm Syndrome.
- I think Ayano’s voice sounds better! Before, her voice was robotic, and oddly mature for a teenage girl. Her voice is much more natural and lighter now.
- I definitely like how Ryoba was the one who encouraged Ayano’s behavior. In a lot of ways, she’s the one who made Ayano the person she is today.
- She feels pity and frustration so I guess that’s an improvement
- Even though she can now feel pity and frustration, she’s still basically the same. She outright states she couldn’t feel anything. That’s literally the same as being emotionless.
- I didn’t really care much for the kitten scene but honestly, it seems like the developer is still mad that no one liked his “kill a kitten to mask the scent of a dead body” idea. It was a dumb idea man, just let it go.
- The bullied plot line, in my opinion, was wasted. It could have been a simple catalyst for why Ayano is so messed up. Or at least explain why she became so dependent on Senpai.