confrontation with the Lankin demonstrates just what an extraordinary
range she has as a character. She excels not only academically, but she
also thinks creatively and is not afraid to take action. She is able to
stay rational and calm, even when faced with the terrifying and
impossible. She knows herself, her emotions, in all their depth, and can
use this to empathise with others.
kindness might not be April’s overflowing niceness. Her grief and anger
might not run as tangibly on the surface as Ram’s. Instead, they express
themselves in her resilience, in the steadfast way she holds herself
together, and in the quiet, understanding companionship she offers. She
holds so much strength and bravery. And remains utterly true.
I freaking love Lucy so much so its gonna be hard to pick only 5 moments (so they’ll be long sorry) but here it goes:
1. Lucy destroying Aquarius’s key. This is my favorite Lucy moment ever. Lucy use to be this weak person who was always being saved by someone. But in this arc Lucy summon 3 celestial spirits at the same time and the celestial spirit king himself. Not only that she ends up freeing all her comrades single handedly (with the help of her spirits but they come from her power) And she has to sacrifice her first friend, first key and the key her mother gave her in order to save everyone, she showed so much strength and bravery. Even after losing all that she stands up again to fight and that will always be my favourite moment because of her character development.
2. Its always more fun when we’re together. This. Just this. This is the moment that I started to notice just how strong Lucy was and from there I fell in love. Lucy may not be physical strong (from this point) but she’s always been emotionally strong and this just proves it cause she’d rather be beaten to death by this guy holding her and be with Natsu then leave him alone and live.
3. Lucy standing up to her father. This is the first time that Lucy has ever spoken against her father and went with what she wanted. Up until now she did what he wanted then ran away not thinking he would even notice that she was gone. But when he drags her back he never expects her to say no to him and I think this just shows that Lucy was growing up and finding her way.
4. Grand Magic Games. Lucy fought with everything she had for her guild and herself.
5. Celestial Spirits. I think this scene was the one that really told me how much Lucy loves her spirits and how she views them as her friends and not objects that she controls. This made me fall in love with Lucy more because she was willing to give up her life so that her friends (spirits) could be free and happy.
s/o to every lesbian who has come out of the closet. that is such a hard thing to do. it takes so much bravery and strength and the fact that you have done that (whether once, or a thousand times) is incredible!
s/o to every lesbian who hasn’t come out of the closet. even if it feels like you never will, that’s not true. you are going to reach a place of self acceptance, and until you do, just knowing who you are is bravery in itself.
“You don’t protect your heart by pretending like you don’t have one.”
I’m gonna be honest here and admit that this is something I really, truly struggle with.
I have such a hard time discerning whether or not I’m being “too soft” or “too hard” of somewhere in between.
It’s easy to throw up those walls without a second thought - it’s much easier to say “not my problem” than “what can I do to help?”
But there is so much bravery in being soft. There is such power in sharing your broken heart right there on your sleeve. There is grace and mercy and forgiveness in being soft that you will never find behind walls.
Whenever we bind ourselves up and chain our hearts behind fortresses, we protect ourselves from being hurt… but we also protect ourselves from being healed.
We prevent that good work that God so desperately wants to perform right there in our chests.
Whenever we lock our ugly parts behind that door, we tell God “I don’t want you to fix this…” or “I don’t trust you to fix this…”
Our natural inclination is to shut ourselves down whenever there is threat of hard feelings. We box our emotions away, tuck them in deep, and bury them beneath layers of protection.
But God doesn’t want all of our ploys and barriers… He just wants us. As we are.
Bleeding, hurting people ready to be molded and mended.
The world has taught us that bearing our burdens by ourselves is what is necessary. The Lord teaches us that He will carry them for us… if we are simply vulnerable enough to ask.
There is so much freedom in honesty. There is so much healing in tears.
There is so much to be said for a heart that is open. And willing. And vulnerable.
Have heart, my dear. Sometimes the captive you are to set free is yourself. It’s time to let that heart of yours breathe again.
I just want to say I am so proud of wonho for what he did in the last ep of right now. He was so brave!, i mean he’s usually scared of even going up the stairs. I really respect wonho and always have and always will and this time more because he managed to turn around to the camera and say “Monsta X will succeed” while he was literally shaking and crying! and he also said “Kids(monsta x) I love you” just before he jump make me think he must really love his team. In the air all he did was screaming “Monsta X fighting” and when he landed he look at the camera and said “MonBebe i love you”.I know what I’m saying might sound very biased right now but really his heart is full of love if you know him very well. The love Wonho have for us, the fandom and his team is indescribable. He really is one special guy and i just love him so much for his bravery and his honest love!
I feel us curvy ladies owe Ashley Graham a lot. it takes so much bravery to break barriers of people’s fear, hate, and vitriol. so young and already has so many firsts under her belt. thank God for courage.
Today in one of my computer science classes, I asked a question and my professor was like, “Really?”
And I’ve decided that instead of letting his shitty attitude make me feel like a victim, I’m going to let my next exam grade speak for itself.
I’m one of only a handful of girls in that class. I’m the only girl who sits in the front row and regularly engages. Being in this major is a challenge every day, and not just because of the huge learning curve for someone who was headed towards liberal arts for most of her life.
It sounds literally laughable, but sometimes it takes so much bravery for me to continue. So here’s my commitment not to just quit math and computer science after I get my degree. Because if I let myself give up, I won’t be able to teach my daughters that they can do anything they want, no matter how late, no matter how unconventional, no matter how wildly different they look from everyone around them.
okay but i finally watched man of steel and i actually enjoyed it a lot more than i thought i would?
i’ve heard a lot of negative stuff about it but like
who has all of the power in the world and then some who literally just drifts around helping people until he figures out that he’s from Krypton, at which point he does the SAME THING BUT ON A UNIVERSAL SCALE
CLARK KENT WHO HAS SO MUCH BRAVERY AND SELFLESSNESS TO THROW HIMSELF AT AN UNKNOWN EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL BEING WHO WILL DO GOD KNOWS WHAT TO HIM JUST TO SAVE A PLANET HE’S NEVER ACTUALLY FELT A TRUE PART OF
MAMA’S BOY CLARK KENT
WITH THOSE STUPID BLUE EYES AND DIMPLES AND SCRUFFY HAIR AND WHO ONLY DEMONSTRATES HIS STRENGTH THROUGH VIOLENCE WHEN HE NEEDS TO
WHOSE BIG “BREAK THE HERO” WAS THE FACT THAT HE HAD TO KILL HIS ENEMY
AND TO THINK I DIDN’T LIKE SUPERMAN AT ALL ABOUT A MONTH AGO