The Duchess Deal - Tessa Dare
Ashley’s Fast & Dirty Review™: my thoughts and feelings condensed for your reading pleasure because I don’t have time for that in-depth nonsense. Will probably contain spoilers.
- (Love this cover, do not love the man - they could have done better depicting my precious Ash tbh, but moving on.)
- Don’t touch me. Don’t look at me. I am no longer human, but rather an animated ball of emotion that cannot interact in the world; I can only exist in a state of awe towards my one true God and creator - Tessa Dare.
- WHO GAVE DARE THE RIGHT TO DO THIS ME YET AGAIN?!?!?!?! If you haven’t read her other duke-level shenanigans (Romancing the Duke & Any Duchess Will Do) GET.ON.IT.
- Anyway, he’s a Duke scarred by war, she’s a victor’s daughter turned seamstress emotionally scarred by rejection. They marry, they banter, I laugh, I weep, they love, I love. Beauty and the beast retelling, but so much more.
- I always try to earmark the best bits to put quotes in my reviews, but, quite honestly, I felt the need to mark every page, every other passage. Every word Dare writes is perfection, hilarious or heart-wrenching, sexy or sweet. I snorted laughter too many times to count and I teared up more than I’d like to admit. I can’t give you any quotes because I would need to include everything, so just read the damn book.
- Christ on his throne, the bedroom madness throughout: the sweetness, the gentleness, the cat, the pain, the pleasure, the joy, the healing…I was not equipped to handle anything that happened in that marital bed or chair or bookcase…
- PENNY!!!! If you don’t like Penny, you are inherently hateful. What an adorable ball of Hufflepuff purity.
- Oh, GOD - Alex and the mysterious rake SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THEY ARE THE COUPLE FOR THE NEXT BOOK I NEED THAT SO BADLY!!
- I will never, NEVER be tired of sassy servants.
- Spoiler: When Emma just set down her father and shut him out - I died, and then I lived again, strong, better. God fucking bless that scene.
- If you don’t like this book, please don’t tell me, because this after glow is going to last decades and I’m not open to any critiques that will ruin my high.