15. What good thing happened this summer? I graduated high school! And in August I start art college!
22. Where would you like to travel? All over Asia and Europe! China is my priority though.
44. Trip to outer space or the bottom of the ocean? Ohh that’s a hard one… but I’d have to say outer space?
66. Do you like your tumblr friends more than your real friends? Haha well I have made a lot of nice friends on Tumblr and some of them I’ve become very close to but there’s still something very personal when you actually know someone in real life… It’s hard to say. Why do I have to choose? lol
73. Do you sleep with stuffed animals? I SLEEP WITH SO MANY. Right now in my bed I have 5 deer and 2 dogs but I have a lot more that won’t fit lol. I think I have at least 20 deer by now? Only 2 are new the rest are from my childhood haha
77. Chocolate or vanilla? Hmm… chocolate
100. How are you feeling? I’m actually kind of sick right now (for like the 5th time this year) and I had a headache earlier but I’m better now!
116. Are you listening to music right now? Yes! I started out listening to Luhan on Youtube and let the auto play run so it took me to EXO’s Cloud 9
119. Favorite book? Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami. Basically any book by Haruki Murakami.
127. What makes you happy? Seeing people I care about happy! But also cute animals
129. What’s your zodiac sign? Virgo. Chinese zodiac I’m a rabbit.
133. Favorite lyrics right now? “E-X-O” - Oh Sehun
145. Tea of coffee? Both! Just depends on my mood
150. Get the closest book next to you, open it to page 42, what’s the first line on that page? “From that moment on, Number Nine’s form would grow steadily stronger, until before long he would be scoring one goal after another, and the opposing team would be concentrating entirely on preventing at virtually any cost Number Nine receiving the ball.” It’s from The Unconsoled by Kazuo Ishiguro which I haven’t read yet
I see a lot of people who are grieving for Monty Oum, Rooster Teeth and for RWBY, which is understandable; more power to the people who manage to produce their own characters in animations, novels, etc and get recognition for it, BUT…
I feel like a lot of people are missing what really made Monty special: his unyielding efforts.
This might be because I’m an animator myself but, the work that Monty did and has always done has been absolutely immense. And what is most powerful about it is that he did it all on his own with no education, little to no help, and no industry experience. He learnt everything for fun. Haloid and Dead Fantasy were for fun, they were like his portfolio works, what he was proud of and happy to work on. Even the 2D works he made before hand, before he really hit it off, were so he could learn and just get better. They are the works that made him, that had people recognise him for his talent and amazing storytelling ability.
Do you guys even know how hard animation is? And that its actually really a giant chain of jobs? And Monty, with no training, did 90% of the work on his own? Even with training, what he achieved with his animations is fucking difficult as hell. And he learnt all on his own and for fun. The amount of planning that had to go into those animations was fucking insane and truly above and beyond. Animation is all about planning and shortcuts - and Monty took it to the next level, grabbed it in his hands and made it his own. He was constantly improving and refining his talents and abilities.
And then after his immense dedication and successes, the companies came to him. First Namco for the Afro Samurai video game, where he was the combat designer and animator. And then Rooster Teeth, for Red vs Blue and eventually he had the hard-and-well-earned opportunity to produce his own, completely original works with RWBY. He got there, man. He lived the dream - he produced his original works and people loved it.
We are talking about a man here who’s family had fled severe hardship and struggle, and had so very little - but Monty made so very much out of his circumstance. Monty had perhaps the most dedicated heart I have ever seen in any artist, but especially a modern animator. And I feel like so many are forgetting it right now, perhaps in shock, or perhaps they did not know of Monty very much before he came to Rooster Teeth.
If there is anything you all can take away from him passing on, its do not ever for one fucking second stop working on what you love. Do not ever give up or say “it’s too hard”. Don’t stop refining your work. You keep chipping at it until it’s done. And then you do it again, but this time, better, and with what you have learnt in the process. You work on that shit until it’s fucking perfect, until people recognise you for your skills, your talent and your heart.
Please don’t forget that Monty’s story is not only about his achievements and success, but about his immense willpower, unyielding dedication and the incredible journey that got him there.
Many great animes right now, so might as well share the ones I am watching while not at work…
1. Fairy Tail (2014) - This one is still epic despite the change in art and animation! I just can’t wait for the Grand Magic Games to conclude. It will be awesome!
2. Nisekoi - Now that Marika is introduced to the series, I just grew to love it even more! Haha! Major plot twist detected! And yeah, I just freaking love Tsugumi right now! <3
3. Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou - This show is a “feel-good” one. Slow-paced but is still really fun to watch. Wonder if Usa can make Ricchan show him some love, too. And Shiro… that masochistic guy just always gives me the laugh.
4. Kamigami no Asobi - I am a guy, but I am a sucker for reverse harem anime… like this one. Makes me wonder… why do simple-minded, sort-of weak and a little clumsy always get the hot guys? *ehem Haruka ehem* Anyway, I wanna attend the school Zeus created. XD
5. La Corda D'Oro Blue Sky - i liked the first 2 seasons, so might as well give this one a try too. And I enjoy classical music. It’s just not obvious. Hahaha!
6. Mekaku City Actors - Uhhh… I don’t really have an idea about Kagerou Project, but I still give this a shot to understand better why some liked it, and I’m starting to see why. It’s was cool!
7. No Game No Life - Probably the most badass anime this season! IT’S SO EPIC! I so love it right now! Oh, hi Shiro <3
8. Haikyuu!! - There’s Kuroko no Basket for basketball, The Prince of Tennis for tennis, Eyeshield 21 for football, Hajime no Ippo for boxing, why not try volleyball, too? Yeah, it’s this one, and it was really interesting enough to watch. Is there gonna be some yaoi moments between Shouyo and Kageyama? Ahahahahahahaha!!! //slapped
9. Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - This one is cool, except for Miyuki. *trollface*
10. Isshuukan Friends. - Too much feels for this one. I just like Yuki Hase’s efforts to make Fujiyama his friend. Hope this is not like Clannad or AnoHana. XD
11. Soul Eater Not! - Hey, I looooooove Soul Eater from the bottom of my heart, so watching this is just necessary. LOL! Like the somewhat yuri-tension between Tsugumi, Meme and Anya. The only problem is… why change the art?! XD
There, do you have any thoughts on any anime I mentioned? How about you? What do you watch this season? :)
(from flamingostrichdown) Phoebe: "Sigh, there are just so many animals with colds in this community right now, it's a bit much on me, sparky, so i was wondering if you'd like to help me out a bit? I got you a mask and everything, i can maybe help you get it on if you'd like while we do our rounds?
S-sure, blih…..I w-would like to help the s-sick feel better, blih…
*Velma looks up and smiles at Pheobe in agreement to her very helpful request.*