I hope after watching “Dear White People” I never hear or see white people say to me “yeah I honestly related to the pain ‘they’ were going through because I’m 1/8th black and everyone is from Africa technically!” Because you won’t feel Black people pain, or people of color pain…ever.
Dear white people,
You don’t experience any societal pain as you’ve been deemed the greatest of them all. So don’t tell me that you really relate because news flash, no cop will ever see you as a target if your headlights are broken, or because your cap is slanted, or because you chose to get on an airplane with your hair all wrapped up….
Why oppress yourselves instead of fighting for others to be free?
In fact if you hate whites so much why not go back to segregation ? Honestly it's the best solution , then you can't blame white people for your shitty pathetic existences and communities when you continue to keep murdering eachother and have children raising children. You think some Hollywood movie was horror? Bitch 95 percent of you people live in daily violence against eachother and poverty brought about by your own stupidity and criminality. Change the movie to Get Out and Go back yo Africa.
Are you paying for it…..?
This is why you have no lips and get lice. Get away from my blog cave beast mayosapian
(Same anon) What's your thoughts on Black witches being included in possible creative projects done to try remove the negative conotations on witches and educate people on different types of witchcraft, if done respectfully with proper reaserch? I mean in paticular voodoo, hoodoo etc. (I personally only practice celtic paganism with hedge witchcraft and have my roots pretty set in wales so i don't know much about it yet, but I want to try include it)
When it comes to america, black witches have been ridiculed, thrown to side, beaten, and sometimes killed because we do what we do. Then in the last 50 or so years, white witches just picked up voodoo and hoodoo from us, put their name on it, changed it up a bit, and said “Yep, this is it.” And now, you got black witches everywhere (and some no-black witches who actually see whats going on) confused and frustrated because everytime you turn around you have books and websites saying this originated from Africa and from the slaves that came from the Atlantic Slave Trade, but the authors and writers and publishers are all white. Its hella upsetting.
Thats why its imperative that more and more black witches start teaching our shit, because thats exactly what it is. Ours. I will say with hoodoo, because it’s a mixture of African, Latin, Appalachian Granny Magic, and Native American practices, anyone can practice. I know some people will disagree with me, but hoodoo is a practice, not a religion. Hoodoo, though, is mostly used by black (christian) people and therefore, my other opinion would be that black people should be at the forefront of teaching and passing on the information.
Voodoo is strictly for black people. But there is nothing wrong with an over view and bit of education on what voodoo is. Knowledge is power. But should Black people be teaching and educating? Yep. 100%. Of course your gonna have those few exceptions, but when it comes to African practices black people should be included in the education process.
And to top it all off, black people(and other POCs) should most defiantly be included in the eradication of negative connotations given to us. Black is not bad. Being black is not bad. Being black and practicing black magic and “black magic” is not bad. There are other practices that aren’t Wiccan, and not every practitioner believes in not harming everyone. Then on the flip side, we need to acknowledge there are black people who wont follow what there ancestors did and do something completely different. And thats fine. Of course, there always a debate on whether black people should create their own spaces or should be invited more into white spaces, and I say both. The more faces out there, the better and more inclusive the witchcraft community will be.
List of Antiziganist things to say to Rromani people
* Rromani marry their cousins, don’t they?
* Rromani are white
* Rromani have their own show on TLC, how oppressed can you be?
* Antiziganism doesn’t exist
* Rromani aren’t oppressed anymore
* Rromani benefit from white privilege in America
* Rromani hate non-Rromani
* Rromani should just get job
* Rromani should just get an education
* Rromani should “integrate” into society
* My textbook says only said 200,000 gypsies died in the Holocaust!
* The Holocaust was a white-on-white genocide
* Everyone got reparations after the Holocaust
* Jewish people didn’t deserve the Holocaust but Gypsies did
* All Rromani are white-passing
* There are Rromani who are white
* “Rromani are a lost Jewish Tribe”
* “Rromani come from the Middle East”
* “Rromani come from Romania”
* “Rromani come from Rome”
* Rromani are racist because they only marry other Rromani
* Jewish people hate Rromani people
* There is no solidarity between Rromani & Black communities in Europe Arab supremacy doesn’t affect Rromani people
* [Insert any brown travelling culture] THE GYPSIES OF _____________
* Equating Gypsy to Travelling
* Saying any travelling culture MUST be related to the Rromani
* “You don’t know what it’s like to be in a country for centuries and still be hated”
* Rromani have very little Indian DNA in them
* Rromani aren’t REALLY from India
* Rromani culture is different from Indian culture
* *Excluding Rromani from South Asian & the Diaspora*
* So do you like Jews? Since you both died in the holocaust?
* Aren’t you mad you don’t have your own country while Jewish people got Israel?
* You should be mad
* “Some Greeks are dark!!! Maybe they’re gypsy too!”
* I get really tan when I tan in the summer maybe I’m part gypsy!
* YOU’RE A ZIONIST?
* YOU’RE NOT A ZIONIST?
* Gypsies appropriate Indian culture
* “…Why are you wearing henna?”
* “…Is that a bindi?”
* Um…There’s a girl named Gypsy at my school how is it a slur
* Gypsy is not a slur
* There is a fashion brand called ‘Gypsy’
* I mean maybe if you didn’t steal and acted ratchet they wouldn’t have killed your [insert family member here]
* Maybe your people should try contributing to society
* I don’t believe that Rromani are discriminated against in Africa
* I don’t believe that Rromani were slaves in America too
* Rromani became white passing when they entered America
* Rromani call themselves Turkish/Indian/Mexican to get by in America…isn’t that racist?
* You wanna be Indian so bad
* My [family member] hates gypsies
* “THATS WHY YOU LOOK SO INDIAN!”
* *General shock that a real live Rromani ACTUALLY made it to America*
* You can’t be two religions????
* White/Arab/Turkish supremacy don’t affect Rromani anymore
* I can tell you’re Rromani from your [stereotypical wide nose/double lid/defined Cupid’s bow]
* Gypsies stole the fourth nail of Jesus
* *Applying a non-Rromani experience to Rromani experiences*
* Rromani are basically Indian
* Rromanipen is a racist/sexist religion!
* *Being a gypsy for halloween*
* *Saying you’re a gypsy because you can belly dance*
* *Hinting that you want to know whether or not I live in a caravan*
(When I say you, I’m not talking about you personally.)
To understand why I personally (and many other like me) strongly disagree with white people and non-blacks practicing Voodoo you need to know 2 groups of people:
1: The people who are “inclusive” and, no matter if they know the history of the practice or not, say some backwards BS like “well everyone came from Africa so everyone can practice if they want (or if they can find that “connection”)
And 2: The people who use what they know of of the origin of the practice use that knowledge to figure out if its gucci for you to start practicing or not. I’m the 2nd.
Voodoo was established from Africans that were stolen from their land and way of life and forced to change for their masters. They needed to find a way to still practice what they knew and grew up with; what was passed down from their ancestors, and not get tortured or killed. Voodooists believe that those ancestors that helped them get to where they are, and have passed on to the otherworld, look over them and help them with their day to day life and magic. Those ancestors are from Africa. Those ancestors will always be from Africa. Some of those ancestors had to go through so much crap because they were African and were proud to be African.
You can not be white and call on OUR ancestors. Those are OUR ancestors. White people have this weird disease where they just don’t give a fuck, take what ever they please, change the crap out of it, and go, “This is it. This is how you should do it. This is what it is. This is right.” Then, because they wasted all of this time and energy on trying to do or change whatever they go, “Oh, I’ve done this for years. I’m certified in this. I know what is right and my way is right.” When it’s not. It never will be.
And anyway, who the fuck are you praying to, hmm? Who the fuck are are you asking assistance for when you do a spell, or when you banish any bad energy, hmm? Who?! OUR ancestors! African ancestors! A F R I C A N.
You can call on your ancestors and honor them and it will still not be voodoo! You can use grave dirt in your practice and it will still not be voodoo! You can collect bones and use them in your practice and it will still not be voodoo! You can use blood in your practice and it still not be voodoo! White people can do anything and it will still not be voodoo. Why? Because it is not your practice! It will never be your practice!
Aries: ’(Student): Nice wig Janis. What’s it made of? (Janis): Your mom’s chest hair!’
Taurus: (Karen): I’m a MOUSE. Duh!
Gemini: ’(Karen): If you’re from Africa, why are you white? (Gretchen): Oh my God Karen you can’t just ask people why they’re white!’
Cancer: Calling somebody else fat won’t make you any skinnier. Calling someone stupid doesn’t make you any smarter. And ruining Regina George’s life definitely didn’t make me any happier. All you can do in life is try to solve the problem in front of you.
Leo: (Gretchen): I’m sorry that people are so jealous of me… but I can’t help it that I’m so popular.
Virgo: Don’t have sex, because you will get pregnant and die! Don’t have sex in the missionary position, don’t have sex standing up, just don’t do it, OK, promise? OK, now everybody take some rubbers.
Libra: ‘On Wednesdays we wear pink!’
Scorpio: (Cady): I know it may look like I was being like a bitch, but that’s only because I was acting like a bitch.
Sagittarius: Get in loser, we’re going shopping.
Capricorn: (Janis): Cold, shiny, hard, PLASTIC!
Aquarius: (Janis):God! I am so sorry Regina. Really, I don’t know why I did this. I guess it’s probably because I’ve got a big *lesbian* crush on you! Suck on *that*! AY-YI-YI-YI-YI-YI!’
Pisces: ’(Karen): I can’t go out *coughs* I’m sick. (Regina): Boo you whore!’
Back in your inbox again. Why you be tripping about cultural appropriation? You ain't from Africa so you may want to stop postin dat shit yo.
You’re an idiot if you can look at me and not see that I’m African. I’m Ivorian and Ghanaian and I’ve been to Africa. My whole family lives in Africa besides my immediate family. My parents immigrated here so that makes me a first generation “African American” which is bs in the first place. Every 20-30 years they change the identifying name they give to Judah (Black People) Black, African American, Negro, Colored, etc. It’s all confusion. I may have been born in the US and I may have citizenship in America but I don’t identify myself as an American because I’m not one. On paper, sure. But no one is an actual American besides Native Americans. They don’t even treat black citizens with the same respect because this country wasn’t meant to support anyone but Whites. And Black people whether they identity as American or not can speak on cultural appropriation because it happens to all of us ALL THE TIME, ALL ACROSS THE WORLD. So GET OUT OF MY INBOX LOL.
im so lucky i live with my brown ass mom and dont have to deal with her making fun of other races or calling black people n*****s or whatever like i lived with my dad for something like 4 years and i just remembered something he actually said to me was like “if theyre so mad about the way we treat them here why dont you just go back to the place you came from. go back to africa, go back to puerto rico”
also its irrelevant to race but the one time i expressed a feminist-ish idea at the age of like 15 my dad said “oh so youre going to stop shaving your armpits and arms and become a gorilla who cares lol” and just countless other unpleasant things dgbsvdjdgd im so glad he’s out of my life
40 quotes from Mean Girls to celebrate the 10 year anniversary!
1. “Get in loser. We’re going shopping.”
2. “Ex-boyfriends are off-limits to friends. That’s just, like, the rules of feminism.”
3. “Raise your hand if you have ever been personally victimized by Regina George.”
4. “We only carry sizes one, three and five. You could try Sears.”
5. “That’s why her hair is so big. It’s full of secrets.”
6. “It’s like I have ESPN or something. My breasts can always tell when it’s going to rain. Well… they can tell when it’s raining.”
7. Janis: “We gotta crack Gretchen Wieners. We crack Gretchen, and then we crack the lock on Regina’s whole dirty history.” Damian: “Say crack again.” Janis: “Crack.”
8. “But you’re, like, really pretty… So you agree? You think you’re really pretty?”
9. “I’m a mouse, duh.”
10. “Can I get you guys anything? Some snacks? A condom? Let me know! Oh, God love ya.”
11. “I don’t hate you ‘cause your fat. You’re fat ‘cause I hate you!”
12. “I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school. I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy.”
13. “One time, she punched me in the face. It was awesome.”
14. “I want to lose three pounds.”
15. “I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.”
16. “’Cause she’s a life ruiner. She ruins people’s lives.”
17. “Regina George is not sweet! She’s a scum-sucking road whore, she ruined my life!”
18. “If only you knew how mean she really is, you’d know that I’m not allowed to wear hoop earrings, right? Yeah, two years ago she told me hoops earrings were her thing, and I wasn’t allowed to wear them anymore. And then for Hanukkah my parents got this pair of really expensive white gold hoops and I had to pretend like I didn’t even like them. It was so sad.”
19. “On Wednesdays we wear pink.”
20. “Made out with a hot dog? Oh my God that was one time!”
21. “Did you see nipple? It only counts if you saw a nipple!”
22. “Why should Caesar get to stomp around like a giant, while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? What’s so great about Caesar? Hmm? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar. Brutus is just as smart as Caesar. People totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar. And when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody, huh? Because that’s not what Rome is about. We should totally just stab Caesar!”
23. “You smell like a baby prostitute.”
24. “I’m sorry I called you a gap-toothed bitch. It’s not your fault you’re so gap-toothed.”
25. “I guess it’s probably because I’ve got a big lesbian crush on you! Suck on that.”
26. “Somebody wrote in that book that I’m lying about being a virgin because I use super jumbo tampons, but I can’t help it if I’ve got a heavy flow and a wide set vagina!”
27. “Everyone in Africa can read Swedish.”
28. “Oh my God, Danny DeVito! I love your work!”
29. “I can’t go to Taco Bell. I’m on an all-carb diet. God, Karen, you are so stupid!”
30. “If you’re from Africa, why are you white?”
31. “There are two kinds of evil people in this world. Those who do evil stuff and those who see evil stuff being done and don’t try to stop it.”
32. “I’m not a regular mom, I’m a cool mom.”
33. Damian: “My Nana takes her wig off when she is drunk.” Ms. Norbury: “Your Nana and I have that in common.”
34. “Gretchen, I’m sorry I laughed at you that time you got diarrhea at Barnes & Nobles. And I’m sorry for telling everyone about it. And I’m sorry for repeating it now.”
35. “She doesn’t even go here!”
36. “I hear she does car commercials…in Japan.”
37. “And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle, so that Man could fight the dinosaurs. And the homosexuals.”
38. “Whatever, I’m getting cheese fries.”
39. “I have this theory, that if you cut off all her hair she’d look like a British man.”
40. “This is Susan from Planned Parenthood, I have her test results. If you could have her call me as soon as she can. It’s urgent. Thank you.”