coppersam: Don Lockwood, unreliable narrator of his own life :D peoriapeoria: So, who is writing the Captain American fusion? coppersam: Oh man, Don Lockwood teaching young Cap how to act, that would be amazing rsf: I would read that! archwrites: Don Lockwood teaching young Cap how to TAP DANCE laughingacademy: Did Cosmo write “Star-Spangled Man”? dbvictoria: hired to give a few tips after his first performances were so wooden on the tour, sam? coppersam: LOL I bet Don goes to see one and just runs backstage after and is like “The hell is wrong with you, manchild” coppersam: “Let me learn you a thing or two” dbvictoria: little known fact - captain america can tapdance
So these are my hopes for and thoughts on Bughead as Riverdale continues to evolve.
First is that my dearest wish is for the writers to prioritize characterization over plot and I think that with Bughead they’ve really entwined them together well. The way that we’ve seen their relationship evolve so far is these two characters, who have also been childhood friends, deepen the trust and support that has already been there. The plot and these circumstances have pushed them together in a way i don’t think they’ve ever expected but I think that it works with the characters, how they’ve been written and how they’re portrayed by Lili and Cole. I have my fingers crossed that they will continue to write them well. (please let them continue to write them well).
My hopes for Bughead in the future are that they are endgame, yes. But I want more than just endgame for Bughead. I want them to be the Anchor Couple.
A lot of this argument relies on this “Anchor Couple” theory that I first read from @jbuffyangel. I think it’s such a beautiful thing and so relevant that I hope you don’t mind me applying it to Bughead.
What I mean by the “Anchor Couple” is that I want them to be the couple that stays together, that fights through their difficulties together, that loves each other through their issues no matter what. Maybe they have drama but ultimately they’re pretty steady.
“But Kiki,” you say, “This is a CW show. Those kinds of couples don’t exist. Of course we want them to but we all know all the couples do is fight and break up and get back together.”
But see here’s the thing: you need BALANCE.
And Riverdale has the right recipe to provide that balance.
Jen uses the example of Ross/Rachel and Monica/Chandler. Monica/Chandler were the Anchor Couple. I’m going to provide an excerpt from her because she can say it so much better than I can.
That’s EXACTLY what I want for Riverdale, for Bughead, and ultimately for Archie and Veronica.
Let Archie be the drama magnet. Let him have ALL the relationship drama. He’s doing well so far on the drama scale with Grundy, Valerie, Veronica, and yes, Betty. You can play out his relationship drama with Valerie and Veronica and Cheryl and [insert other random girl from the comics here] for AGES.
If you have Archie having relationship troubles all the time (which he WILL) AND you have Bughead having relationship troubles all the time, it’ll get exhausting.
LET BUGHEAD BE THE ANCHOR.
Look at Monica and Chandler. They were still weird. They still fought. They were still their own characters. But they loved each other, and they helped each other through their issues.
Let Bughead be like them. Let them fight, let them go through difficult times, let them falter, but don’t lose who they are as characters to fuel some unnecessary drama plot.
Let them be the safe haven, the calm in the storm, the balancing act for the show and for each other.
Tbh kinda want there to be some langst in the form of Matt suddenly showing up and seeming like a the team wanting him to pilot blue lion
Lance didn’t mean to spy on them, okay, nor did he mean overhearing what they were saying. It’s just, he was going for some leftover goo after a well needed shower, and as he was rounding the corner, Shiro’s voice, laced with amusement, reached him and made him stop in his tracks.
“We’re gonna train you like a true paladin of Voltron,” he was chuckling, followed by a oh so familiar ‘oof’, meaning he had just patted the shit out of someone’s shoulder. The someone replied back, a little wheezy “Sure, because that’s exactly what I need” and- of course it was Matt.
Matt Holt, Shiro’s long time friend and companion, Pidge’s brother, miraculously back safe from the failure of the Kerberos mission. Everyone was overjoyed with having him on the ship, rightfully so, and he was a cool guy, with an acquired knowledge of Galra machinery that even the Alteans lacked. Had a smile for everyone, a biting humor that made even Keith laugh, and was also great with technical stuff. Basically, the perfect paladin.
And Lance was happy to have him back, of course, because he had never seen Pidge look so joyful, and Shiro looked less like he was contemplating leaving again to fistfight enemies in the astral plane. It was awesome, even.
But- lately his chest had inexplicably started to feel hollow. He was so happy, except for the constant pressure in the back of his eyes, and an annoying knot in his stomach. And sure, he could feel his control slipping with Blue, like their bond was just an echo of what it had been, like the connection was disturbed by a shitty cable plan, but it was going great. Zarkon was no more, Shiro was back with Matt, and the Galra army was still reorganizing itself, scattered and weak. They would be able to get it over with, finally, and go back home, leave all this shitshow behind and save the universe, whatever.
It only made sense to use every resource they had. And while Lance thought he had hidden his shortcomings well, what if he hadn’t? It didn’t matter. Of course they wanted Matt to pilot Blue in his place, because he was a shitty paladin anyway and wouldn’t it be better for everyone? He just wanted to go home, and him backing down was the faster solution.
So why couldn’t he bring himself to say it? To say, hey, Matt, I’m leaving Blue to you, treat her well, she’s a mighty lady. And why couldn’t his heart stop rabbiting in his chest, growing fangs to bite into his lungs and steal his breath? Why the fuck did he feel so empty?
He was surprised too, when a thud ringed clearly in the silence, and it was him hitting the floor, his legs suddenly giving out.
Confused, he watched two figures approach and- Shiro and Matt were looking at him weirdly, as he scrambled upright again, using the wall as a prop.
“Lance,” Shiro called, and he was frowning “Everything okay? We heard a noise.”
Lance laughed, although humorlessly. “Just tripped!” he lied, and now Matt was smiling, and he couldn’t bear it any longer, could he?
“No case of human slipperies, I hope,” Matt joked, and Shiro gave him a tight lipped, amused stare.
Lance winced. “Naah, I just took my shower a little too hot, I guess.”
Shiro looked relieved at that, but still suspicious, his eyes narrowed. “Good job out there, by the way,” he praised, slowly, clearly trying to make him feel better, and it hurt. Why did it hurt so much?
“A-Ah, of course! You, too,” he tried to hide the grimace behind a bright grin and a wink. An uncomfortable silence fell upon them. Huh. “Well!” he trilled “Now, if you’ll excuse me, my beauty sleep is calling me!” They laughed.
“Sure it is! Get some rest, Lance,” Shiro said, raising his hand to give him what would probably have been a reassuring pat, but Lance practically sprinted away, missing the troubled look Shiro and Matt shared.
Only when the door of his room was firmly closed behind his shoulders he let his legs fail him again, sliding down into a crouched position.
“Fuck,” he managed, low and broken, staring at his feet, as hot tears started streaming down his cheeks, “Fuck.”
so my brother and I came to an agreement that this year I’m gonna give up tumblr for lent. i’m leaving the blog as of tomorrow in the “capable” hands of my brother until april 13th. I’ve informed him that he needs to tag stuff if he reblogs any posts and he will make sure to like all the posts I’m mentioned in so that I can take a look when I come back! (and yes feel free to send messages to him bc he really looks forward to talking to you all without me sitting there lol)
mutuals if you wanna keep contact my twitter is tobiohchans and you can message me directly for my kik or snapchat if you want it!! thank you and see you soon!!! this message will be reblogged a few times i’m sorry!
so I kinda got this idea from that one IwaOi ask you got from another anon recently, but top 5 dysfunctional but great relationships between two characters?
top 5 dysfunctional relationships anon) I meant Haikyuu!!, but if it’s easier for you to find examples for anime in general, I don’t mind if you do that either :3
Hello bean! I’m actually so dead because here you say recently but this ask is from 16 days ago (this is just an example of how much it takes to get to a specific top 5, rip), but it’s finally time! (For context, this petal is talking about this post, where I was asked if Oikawa and Iwaizumi have a healthy relationship with each other). Ok so, this is gonna be a multi-anime answer, since Haikyuu has not so many examples of that.
General disclaimer: more than dysfunctional, these relationships are not so healthy butthe bottom line here is that, no matter what, they all love, trust and understand each other more than anyone else.
1. Shinji and Kaworu (Neon Genesis Evangelion). Well, this is not the most painful ship ever for nothing. It doesn’t matter that they met and parted ways in the span of one (1) episode, that time was enough to change Shinji, forever. Kaworu came to Shinji in his darkest hour and was the first person to understand and treat him with love. He was the first person to ever tell Shinji “I love you”, and he’s the first person Shinji said “I love you” in return. This is all nice till you discover that Kaworu is not an actual person, he’s an angel, an angel sent to erase humanity, an angel Shinji is forced to kill, or better, an angel who decided that his only free will act was letting Shinji kill him. And he does, in what is to this day the most heartbreaking scene I’ve ever seen. And if killing the person you love the most or making the person you love the most kill you is not dysfunctional, I don’t know what else is…
(in the reboot he dies in front of Shinji and not by his hand and I don’t know what’s worst honestly)
2. Oikawa and Iwaizumi. I already said everything that needs to be said in the post I mentioned above. They are dependent, violent, aggressive, unable to communicate in the proper way, the reaction to everything the other does is incredibly exaggerated, they fight, they yell…but still they made each other the beautiful people they are today. They are always in perfect sync, they are each other’s number one supporter and would kill and die for the other on the spot. They are connected, both physically and mentally so, maybe way more than they even realize. They are not a perfect couple, but still they are unbreakable.
3. Rin and Haruka (Free!) Speaking of overreacting people, here you have a perfect example. These two are literally obsessed with each other, neither of them could sneeze without affecting dramatically the other’s life. Despite everything, they understand each other without having to say a single word, they would give up everything for the other, they could have had it all…but still they are the classic couple that can’t be together but yet can’t be apart. You can’t escape relationships like that.
4. Hinata and Kageyama. As I already said here, I firmly believe that Kags is unconsciously replicating the iwaoi dynamic with Hinata. They are just as violent, intense and obsessed with each other, but they have the potential to create even a deeper and greater bond. They already live in such a perfect sync they can’t function properly without the other (especially Hinata has still to find his place without Kageyama), so much that they are afraid of being torn apart. If you read the manga, you know what I’m talking about, if you don’t, just think of the last shot of Kageyama and Hinata at the end of season 3…while the rest of the team was happy for the news Kageyama just got…were they really?
5. Yahaba and Kyoutani. The iwaoi curse strikes again, and how couldn’t it. The setter/ace relationship is pretty strong on its own and I think Yahaba’s new leadership is gonna deliver us some good character development. I really hope they’ll find a healthier way to communicate and Yahaba will keep his slamming-his-boyfriend-against-the-wall thing just for the bedroom.
p.s. as crazy as it sounds, Bokuto and Akaashi are not in this chart and here I explained why.
So I drew this last night after half a bottle of prosecco… um if that’s any explanation at all.
Wasn’t it amazing when Viktor changed his final pose for his free skate at the gpf in @kazliin‘s latest chaper to Chris throwing him a huge sign declaring how gay he is for his rival? tbh he might as well have done Yuuri u blind sod did u know its rude to leave while someone is confessing their love for u through interpretive dance???????
I’m gonna post a serious thing later but I’m hungover so it might be a while
A lot of my magic leans toward the nonverbal side. I can say a phrase at most, but long strings of words feel too clunky for the way my magic works.
I like using verbs because they’re the part of the sentence that gets the ball rolling. Without a verb nothing happens. So it only seems fit to use verbs to make things happen magically as well! The following ideas can be coupled with actions and ingredients, or used on their own for discreet magic.