can you make a checklist on how to get into the gorillaz?? It seems like there is a lot out there and its hard to follow when i'm getting into it late.. thank you!!
Sure!!! I personally got into them by watching their G-bitez and music videos and it all kinda spiraled from there.
The band itself was made by Damon Albarn (Lead singer of Blur, does vocals and writes lyrics for Gorillaz) and Jamie Hewlett (Co-creator of the comic book “Tank Girl”, draws and animates for Gorillaz) after they were both watching MTV and they were like “hey music today sucks you know what’d be cool?? if we made an animated band” “cool we could call it ‘gorilla’ because we were both born on the year of the monkey!!!” sadly animal planet had already copyrighted “gorilla” so they just added a z to the end of it to make it cooler.
Something to know about Gorillaz is that they have “phases”. Phase 1 was in 2001, when they released their albums “Gorillaz”, “G-Sides” and “Laika come home”. Phase 1′s art style was cartoonish and used very thick lineart. Phase 2 was in 2005, when they released “Demon Days” and “D-sides”. Phase 2′s art style was a bit dark and looked more realistic. Phase 3 was in 2010, when they released the albums “Plastic Beach” and “The Fall” in 2011. Phase 3′s art style was almost the same as phase 2′s. Then we have Phase 4 in 2017, their new album “Humanz” is coming out April 28th. It’s art style is the one that stands out the most to me, you can find most of the art on Jamie Hewlett’s Instragram (Hewll)
Alright, a big part of me getting into the fandom was my love fore the characters. I’m assuming you’re not a fan yet, so let me introduce them to you (i’m going to use powerpoints to explain each member if u don’t mind):
This lovely lad here is Murdoc Faust Niccals.
- He’s the band’s leader/bassist, and he makes sure EVERYONE knows that’s it’s his band and only his. - He went through multiple other bands before he formed Gorillaz. - He was born on June 6th, 1966 in Stoke-on-Trent, England. As an infant he was abandoned on his father’s doorstep. - Had a very rough childhood, his father, Sebastian Niccals, would force him to preform on stage for booze money and it was absolutely humiliating for him. - His nose has been broken a of total 8 times. The first time was from a bully at his school, the 2nd time was from his older (and only) brother, Hannibal, because Murdoc had touched his records and the other 6 times were from Russel when he got caught “doing it” with 2D’s now ex-girlfriend in the bathroom stalls of Kong Studios
- His middle name was originally “Alphonse” but he changed it to “Faust” after making a deal with the Devil in phase 1 to make Gorillaz the “biggest band in the world”. That’s also how he got his bass, “El Diablo”.
- did i mention he was a satanist bc he is - He hangs around in his underwear a lot (especially in phase 2) - He likes to either get naked or start pelvic thrusting in like every video, so be careful, young anon. - He’s very crude but sometimes he can be very nice and adorable in some interviews ??? It’s so weird - He likes making weird noises, like, a lot. - Apparently can speak French and Spanish - His reason for turning green all of the sudden in phase 2 is either because of alcohol poisoning or due to him tanning himself green. Jamie himself said that it’s because he’s an immortalist and his skin is now rotting but I’m not sure how true it is. - He had a pet raven in phase 2!!! His name was Cortez and no one really knows what happened to him but Murdoc seemed to love that bird. - He also had a cape in phase 2 that he loved and wore like all the time but he lost it. Poor baby. - He was based off of a young 1960′s era KeithRichards. - He has a tongue longer than Gene Simmons’ and I’m not even kidding. His tongue is like a foot long - His genuine laugh can cure cancer - He had his own MTV cribs episode - Here’s a playlist of every interview he’s been in if you’d like to know a bit more about how he acts. - All of this sounds horrible but like half of the fandom sees him as charming and funny and the other half sees him as repulsive and downright mean so i guess listen to some of his interviews and make your decision (i’m part of the half that loves him)
This is 2D!!
- He’s the band’s singer, sometimes he plays the piano and melodica too. - He’s anxious and a bit timid around people. He’s not that intelligent, but he’s an absolute sweetheart to pretty much everyone. He’s … a huge dork. - He was born on May 23rd, 1978.
He was born in Hertfordshire, England and was raised in Crawley, England. When he was 10 he fell out of a tree and landed on his head, his hair fell out and grew back blue. He’s had horrible headaches since then, but his mother was a nurse and gave pills to help him out. - His real name is Stuart Pot - He loves horror films!!! Especially zombie movies. - Apparently he smells like butterscotch - He’s VERY tall. he’s like 6′1 and his legs make up most of his body. He towers over the rest of the band. - His voice actor is Nelson De Freitas, but Damon Albarn provides his singing voice - The lack of his two front teeth gives him an adorable accent - He has a crippling fear of whales - His eyes are black due to an 8-ball fracture that Murdoc gave him before the band was made when he crashed his car into the music store 2D worked at. - His eyes turn white when he’s stressed or scared. - His nickname “2D” stands for “Two Dents”. He’s called that because Murdoc’s car crash also gave him two dents in his head. - Murdoc is seen physically abusing 2D throughout phase 1-3, but there’s a very likely chance that he’s going to stop and make amends in phase 4!!! - Here’s a playlist of interviews that he’s been in
- Everybody loves him. I love him. I don’t think it’s possible not to love him.
This is Russel Hobbs!!
- He’s the band’s drummer. He makes remixes too!!! - The living embodiment of “looks like he could kill you but is actually a cinnamon roll” - Quite possibly the most underrated character in the world - He was born in Brooklyn, New York on June 3rd, 1975. He got possessed by a demon as a kid and fell into a coma for four years. After he woke up the demon got expelled tho - When he was a teen, him and his friends were involved in a drive-by shooting. Russel was the only survivor and all of his friends possessed him, but the only one we really get to see is his closest friend, Del, he raps in Clint Eastwood and Rock the House, but we haven’t seen him since phase 1. - Russel misses Del very dearly, poor lad. - After the whole shooting incident he was sent to the UK to live with his uncle. - HE SAVED 2D FROM BEING EATEN BY A WHALE. HE’S SO UNDERAPPRECIATED - He’s an actual giant in phase 3 because he ate some radioactive algae - He loves fezzes!!! - His hobby, besides music, is taxidermy. - He’s the dad friend - Here’s a playlist of interviews that he’s been in
Last but not least, this is Noodle
- She plays guitar for the band. She also sings and writes songs sometimes - Noodle is very energetic and nice but she can also kick your ass - She was born in Osaka, Japan on October 31st 1990
- She joined the band when she was around 10 but she’s like 26 now. I forgot to mention that the band ages with real time - As a kid she was a part of a classified child super solider project under the management of a japanese scientist named Mr. Kyuzo. this is where she learned how to be badass. She knew professional karate at like 10 how cool is that - All of the children in that project were deemed too unstable and dangerous, so they canceled the experiment and Mr. Kyuzo was ordered to kill all of the children (fuckin dark i know). After killing them all, Mr. Kyuzo was reluctant to kill Noodle, so instead he put her in a state of amnesia and smuggled her to the UK by shipping her to Kong Studios in a FedEx crate. - She didn’t remember anything!!! The only english thing she was able to say to say was “noodle” and that’s where she got her name. - She learned how to speak english and remembered her past in phase 2. - Murdoc, 2D and Russel raised her (mostly russel tho). Noodle considers Murdoc and 2D her brothers and Russel considers her his daughter how CUTE IS THAT - She loves Pokemon - She had a flying windmill island in phase 2 it was incredible - She had a cute radio helmet in phase 1 - She also has a robot version of herself called “Cyborg Noodle” in phase 3. It’s a long story but Cyborg might be coming back for phase 4. - The interviews that she’s in can be found here!!
The backstory is too long for me to write down, but you can find it over here! I hope i explained everything clearly- if not, or if you have any questions, feel free to send me a message!! I hope this helps you c:
(TW: some scenes may be seen as pseudo injury/bleeding. Also, angst.)
It’s my first time to try making an animatic, and behold it ends up being (k)langst. Wing’s piano cover of this song always destroys me whenever I hear it, and to me it’s one of the ultimate heartwrenching songs. I wish I had the time and skill to put the translated lyrics on the video as well because they make me just (つ﹏<)･ﾟ｡ (The VLD and Klance angst weeks are still days away but look at what I’m doing…speaking of Klangst week do they accept entries for day 1 this early?)
I will greatly appreciate any constructive comments or feedback! (I’m still a beginner so I know there’s a lot of mistakes and ahskdsd things I’m so sorry I will now go to a corner and mull over my life choices.)
So hype for The Evil Within 2 ….. I thought of an idea to draw all the designs (decline?) of Sebastian, and then made it into a little gif! Duran Duran is also one of my favorite bands of all time… so I couldn’t resist putting the lyrics in :) Can’t wait to see what happens in October to our fav Sad Dad Detective!!!
Hey I just had the greatest idea for modern hamilton fan art and you're a great artist: okay so imagine tinder profiles of A Ham, John Lauren's, Lafayette, and Mulligan, but the bio on their account is their rap in Aaron burr, sir.
Hey sorry for the wait! I don’t know if this is exactly what you had in mind, but I really liked the idea (Alexander’s profile uses the lyrics of my shot cause in aaron burr, sir he doesn’t really say something I could put there so)
I am freaking floored that they opened season 13 with a love song. They have never done that before. These are the “Road So Far” songs for the previous seasons:
2x01 - “Stranglehold” by Ted Nugent 3x01 - “Hell’s Bells” by AC/DC 4x01 - “You Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC 5x01 - “Thunderstruck” by AC/DC 6x01 - “Beautiful Loser” by Bob Seger 7x01 - “Slow Ride” by Foghat 8x01 - “Locomotive Breath” by Jethro Tull 9x01 - “Who Do You Love?” by George Thorogood and the Destroyers 10x01 - “Heartbreaker” by Pat Benatar 11x01 - “Run Through the Jungle” by Creedence Clearwater Revival 12x01 - “Bad Boys” by April Wine
The majority of these songs are badass bangers – AC/DC, Nugent, Tull, CCR… Cool damn songs to pump up cool damn montages for a show about angst and energy. A couple of them are about sex, and a couple of them are about love, sometimes love gone bad, but none of them are love songs.
And make no mistake, “Nothing Else Matters” is a love song. James Hetfield wrote it for his girlfriend, and
it was a big damn deal when it came out in ‘92 because Metallica had never put out anything even remotely romantic before. The hubs (then boyf) and I were huge fans of the band at the time and we toyed with making that Our Song but it didn’t stick. The lyrics, though:
So close no matter how far
Couldn’t be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters
Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don’t just say
And nothing else matters
Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
And nothing else matters
Never cared for what they say
Never cared for games they play
Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know
And I know
That is romantic love. Tie yourself in knots to tell me those lyrics are about family, I dare ya.
(BTW: I’m pretty sure this is the first time Metallica has actually appeared on the soundtrack. Dean hums “Some Kind of Monster” in 1x04 but that doesn’t really count.)
“I’d like to think Mr. Carter and I understand each other. Nobody who met us as younger men would have expected us to be where we are today. We know what it’s like not to have a father around. We know what it’s like not to come from much and to know people who didn’t get the same breaks that we did. So we tried to prop open those doors of opportunity so it’s a little easier for those who come up behind us to succeed as well.
Jay and I are also fools for our daughters, although he’s going to have me beat once those two twins show up. And let’s face it: we both have wives who are significantly more popular than we are.
Like all of you, I am a fan. I’ve been listening to Jay since I was a young and hungry State Senator. I sampled his lyrics to close my speech at Selma; I tweeted a reference to ‘My 1st Song’ as I was putting the finishing touches on my final State of the Union address; I had to brush some dirt off my shoulders during a campaign.
So I’m pretty sure I’m still the only President to listen to JAY Z’s music in the Oval Office. That may change at some point, but I’m pretty sure that’s true now. In fact, Jay, you have been inspiring in making me want to be active in my retirement just like you have been in yours, so I’m going to close by saying something Jay once said that struck me. He said: 'I’ve never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I’ve always wanted to stay true to myself, and I’ve managed to do that. People have to accept that.’ So with that, I’m proud to help present this award to a true American original, the first hip-hop artist to be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame, Mr. Shawn Carter.”
I was front row in the pit and you were singing my favorite song at the time (Numb) and I had my hand outstretched towards you as I belted the lyrics like my life depended on it. Never in my wildest dreams did I think you would take my hand but you did and you sang the lyrics to me and I was so happy in that moment. You even put the microphone to my mouth so I could sing, and you had no clue that that night you saved me by just being yourself.
I’m so heartbroken that you’re gone but I’ll always have the memories that you and your music have provided. Thank you for always being there when nobody else was.
Plot: What goes on in the air ducts, stays in the air ducts.
Warnings: honestly its just fluff, cheesy comments, a new girl reference, one swear word (that’s censored), and more fluff.
Author’s Note: So this is for the monthly song challenge but I literally only put two song lyrics from the song Tomorrow Never Dies by 5SOS. But that’s okay. I might do a part two depending on how well this does. PSA: I love New Girl.
this was taken before i was involved in the fandom so i’ve never posted it but i found this picture of me from the red tour gillette stadium night 1, 2013!! it was the first time i ever saw taylor live and i was so unbelievably happy. i never wanted to leave.
When you first heard the album, sitting with Harry in your backyard, Carolina was one of your favorites. It was catchy and it had good lyrics. It didn’t cross your mind that the song was written about someone else. But when Harry went on Nicks radio show and told the story of the song and who it was about, a wave of anger couldn’t help but overcome you. Each and every time you had the album on shuffle, you skipped it faster than you could blink. When it came on the radio you turned it down. If Harry started singing it, you left the room. You came to hate the song. Hearing your love of 3 years sing about how another girl “feels so good” and is “all i think about” didn’t exactly put you in a position to fawn all over the song. This is what you were trying to explain to Harry when he confronted you about your obvious dislike for the song.
“I know you don’t like Carolina. Why? You liked it when you first heard it, didn’t you? It was one of your favorites actually. What changed?” He asked you, when he stepped out of the shower, sitting next to you on the bed.
“Nothing changed. I like the song, its good.” you said coldly.
“Then why do you go out of your way to not listen to it, and when you have to, you cringe down to the last second?” His voice was angry mixed with a bit of sadness. He wasn’t yelling…yet. You knew your opinion mattered a lot to Harry. And although you didn’t like the song, you figured he deserved the truth.
“Fine Harry. You wanna know why I don’t like the damn song?” you said and he looked at you expectantly.
“It’s blatantly about another girl. You’re one of the most private people I know. You wouldn’t go out of your way to put the girls name in the song, put it on the album and sing it on national TV if it didn’t mean a lot to you. So excuse me if I don’t want to listen to my boyfriend sing about how another girl is all he thinks about.” you said getting more and more angry with each word that you said. Harry looked at you and didn’t say anything, so you continued.
“Harry that song makes me look like a fucking joke. And I know its your music and you have the right to write about anything you want to. But every time I look at you, I see you and her. Every time I hear that song, I think of you and her. And if she means that much to you, then why am I here?”
“Babe…you’re over reacting. Its just a song.” Harry said tears welling up in his eyes, and it was then that you realized that you were crying as well. “I can promise you that she doesn’t mean as much to me as you do. Tell me what I can do to fix this. A song isn’t worth loosing you. I swear, she meant something to me a while ago. And she’ll always mean something to me in the way of a friend. But you…I can’t live without you.”
Now you were full on sobbing, “Then why’d you write the song? Its not a sin for me to be upset about the song. And it’s not even the fact that you wrote the song, it’s the fact that you took the time to expose the girl and make it very clear that it was about her.”
“So you don’t want me to write about other girls and life experiences? That’s irrational. I’m always going to write songs about my life experiences. If you cant handle that, when we can end this.” he said angrily. He immediately regretted saying it when you got up and stormed out of the room.
“I don’t know what to do Gem. She won’t talk to me, she won’t look at me, she won’t let me touch her. I don’t sleep in the same bed as her anymore, she sleeps in the guest house. Not even in the guest room, the guest house. I feel like I’m losing her, and that can’t happen.” he said on the verge of tears as he spoke to his sister on the phone.
“How long has this been going on?” she asked him carefully.
He let out a long sigh, “about 4 days.”
“Honestly, she probably shut down because she feels like you haven’t acknowledged the fact that she’s hurt. Weather you feel like you did something wrong or not, she needs to know that you know and care that she’s hurting. If you haven’t made an effort to apologize to her, she won’t know that. Especially if you aren’t talking. And Harry, you have to admit, if the roles were reversed, you’d be pretty angry, too. I think you both need to talk because it sounds like to me, this argument is a two way street.”
He made his way down the small pathway to the guest house where you’ve been staying for the greater part of a week. You didn’t want to see him, hear his voice, speak to him or anything else. You knew you were overreacting just a little bit, but in your mind, you still had the right to be upset. He rang the doorbell and you automatically knew who it was. It was the first time he had been over since you left the main house.
“Love, baby, princess…let me in. Please?” and there was something in his voice that you couldn’t ignore, even if you wanted to. You made your way over to the door, and before you could even get it all the way open, Harry pushed himself inside and wrapped his arms around you. You tensed up at first, but then relaxed into this chest, realizing you missed him. You stood there, in the doorway hugging for a long time, the first connection you’ve had with him in days.
“Let’s talk, yeah?” he asked you sweetly, kissing your nose. You nodded and lead him over to the kitchen table. You sat, not saying anything to each other before he said,
“I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry. When I wrote that song, I wasn’t thinking. I met Townes-”
“Don’t say her name.”
“I met her a few years back. It was just before I met you. We had a few mutual friends and they set us up on a blind date. And I’m not going to lie, I had a lot of fun that night. But she was missing something, and I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. Plus the tour was about to start, so even just after one date, I broke it off.” He explained and you listened intently. “We remained in touch after that and I occasionally still talk to her. But I swear, she’s just a friend. She doesn’t mean nearly as much to me as you do. And when I said she was all I think about, its just a lyric. I don’t mean that literally. I deeply apologize if I made you question my love for you. That was never my intension. Its just a bloody song love. And yes it means something to me. Each and every one of my songs means something to me. But you…I could never express in words what you mean to me. I wrote countless songs about you- so, so many. But none of them bring you justice. You’re just that precious to me.” he said with a dimpled grin and a squeeze of your hand.
“I’m sorry too H. I overreacted. I shouldn’t have been so jealous. And your music is your music, and I don’t have the right to question your creativity. I’m sure she is a nice girl. She should be flattered. But can I ask you something. Obviously you don’t have to answer.”
“What do you want to know, my lovely?”
“Is there a song about me on your album.”
He looked at you with a devilish smirk and a gleam in his eye,
when you’re listening to “Hello Stranger” by Barbara Lewis and just remember how Kevin had Chiron listen to it knowing that it reminded him of him with lyrics like “Please don’t tease me Like you did before Because I still love you so” and just wondering how both of those characters felt in that moment and how its just genuinely one of the best/most romantic scenes in any media and its coming from this lovely gay, black couple
Harry changing up these songs every single time is such a credit to his vocals and musicality. Carolina has had three separate moods if you compare the The Today Show, the Garage (closest to the album) and now The LateLate Show.
Sometimes I forget what a work horse he is. On stage, he is SO eager to please, to show off and to go off. And even though I see ppl missing ho!Harry and dancer!Harry, I really love that these smaller stages force him to just stay put and connect with the music. Now he is picking his freestyle moments to emphasize certain lyrics, now he is using inflection, now he is changing up keys and tempo, now he is playing an instrument!
No doubt he will strut, grind and drop it low on tour. That shit is important too. I just like hearing the songs and seeing all the subtle choices he’s making just as much.
So a little bit ago my lovely friend @nalusrainbowtree messaged me a little prompt and I’m honestly in love with it.
You know what fic I need? One where lance is listening to his music but no one's around so he takes the headphones out and just plays it out loud. Bohemian Rhapsody starts playing and he gets really into well the other paladins hear and start singing with him word for word. Allura and Coran look at them in horror at the lyrics (‘momma just killed a man, put a gun against his head pulled my trigger now he’s dead’)
I’m so excited to write this, I love Bohemian Rhapsody or anything by Queen.
Also slight homesick Lance because I had too
Lance was cleaning his lion, he needed to keep busy. Being still made him too fidgety. It made him feel lazy, like he was suppose to be doing something, so he started to clean.
He started with his room, making his bed, dusting his shelf, washing his closes, organizing his bathroom and vacuuming the floor. Yet Lance still felt like he hadn’t done enough so he moved into the kitchen.
Hunk usually kept the kitchen pretty clean but Lance still found things to clean. He scrubbed the stove a few hundred times, he washed the dishes and wiped down the counters.
Lance hummed as he cleaned, he felt more at home than he ever felt on the castle. Lance leaned back and rested his elbows on one of the counters, his eyes fluttering shut and he sighed. Just like home, cleaning. Now I’m just missing music and my family dancing and singing. Lance’s eyes flew open as he thought about what he just said. “MUSIC! I need music!” He looked around the kitchen, “now where are Pidge’s headphones?”
Lance was on a roll, he had already cleaned the common room, the bridge, the star room and was now making his way down to Blue’s hanger. Music was pulsing through his veins and he could feel the beat in his bones. Lance had his phone on high volume and swayed to the beat as he strolled into the hanger.
Blue immediately perked up at her paladins presence and Lance gave her a huge smile, pulling his headphones around his neck. “Hey beautiful, ready to be cleaned?” Lance heard her purr and started to wipe down one of her front paws.
Lance started to scrub at some of the dirt but found himself working up a sweat the longer he scrubbed. Man this stuff is really on here. He felt sweat fall down his face and soon pulled off his headphones and unplugged them from his phone. “Well Blue, I hope you like my music.” Lance was off again, his music echoing off the big room and Lance’s voice blasting through the music.
Lance’s mom always liked his voice and Lance liked signing for her, she always encouraged Lance to sing everywhere and he fell in love with singing. Every time he sang he felt closer to his mom and the hole in his chest filled in a bit more.
Lance was so lost in thought thinking about his family that he completely missed the first words to one of the best songs ever. His brain focused on the words around, “Is this just fantasy?” and without hesitation Lance immediately started to belt the lyrics.
“Caught in a landslide! No escape from reality!” Lance started to dance around the room, the familiar harmonies fill his ears.
“Look up to the sky and seeeeeeeee!” Lance heard another voice join him and looked toward the door, seeing Hunk smiling as he kept singing.
Lance ran towards his best friend and they both continued the lyrics. “I’m just a poor boy!”
“I need no sympathy!” Pidge ran into the room and immediately joined the two boys in their singing. The three of them sand “To meeeeeee,” and without fail both Keith and Shiro entered the room, singing the piano part, keeping their voices light for the piano.
Lance gave a giggle at what they were doing and immediately composed himself to sing the most tragic part. “Mamaaaaaa, just killed a mannnnn. Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger now he’s dead. Mamaaaa life had just begun!! But now I’ve gone and thrown it all away!”
The five paladins kept on signing, filling each word with emotions for the story that they were telling, all completely oblivious to the two Alteans who entered the room to check on the noise and their horrified expressions.
“Coran! Did the paladins kill a man?” Allura whispered as she grabbed onto the older man’s arm in fear and concern for her paladin.
“I do not know princess.” Coran stared at them, “maybe they finally lost it?”
The paladins kept singing, all of them swaying to the beat keeping the mood heavy. “Too late, my time has comeeee. Sent shivers down my spine,” Lance moved his hand down as to motion the chimes and Keith smiled widely at him. “Body’s aching all the timeeee. Goodbye everybody, I’ve got to gooooo.”
“Are the paladins leaving? Coran they can’t leave they need to defeat Voltron! And why are they singing to their ‘mama’?” Allura stepped forward to questioned the paladins but Coran stopped her, she didn’t understand the stroy at all.
“Princess, let’s not jump to conclusions, maybe they are just having fun?” Coran voice was low and he didn’t even believe himself.
“Killing a man is fun?! Oh I do not wish to visit Earth.” Allura placed a hand on her head as the group moved on to another part of the song.
Lance took this part over, dramatically falling to his knees. “I don’t want to dieeeeee! Sometimes wish I’d never been born at allllll!” The paladins all played invisible instruments and Allura looked like she was ready to slap some sense into her paladins, hoping they would explain the song.
“Does Lance really think that?”
The paladins still ignored their guest and soon broke out into piano playing, switching between the notes for Gallieo. Pidge taking the high notes while Shiro took the low notes. Lance went solo for the next part and his friends covered the background notes.
“I’m just a poor boy nobody loves me.”
“HE’S JUST A POOR BOY FROM A POOR FAMILY!”
The paladins unconsciously split into groups, Lance, Keith and Pidge singing the first “LET HIM GOOOO!” While Hunk and Shiro sung, “BISMILLAH! WE WILL NOT LET YOU GO!” This followed to the hard guitar playing and the paladins screaming at the tops of their lungs, feeling the high fall down towards the end.
“SO YOU THINK YOU CAN STOP ME AND SPIT IN MY EYEEEEEE? SO YOU THINK YOU CAN LOVE ME AND LEAVE ME TO DIEEEEE?? OHHHH BABY!” The paladins played intense air guitar as they danced around the room, ignoring the words and stopping when the song started to come down from its high.
“Nothing really mattersssss, anyone can see. Nothing really matters. Nothing really matters. To meeeeeeeeeeeee.” The group stopped where they started, only then realizing Allura and Coran horrified faces. They all caught there breath for a minuet and Lance waved them over.
“Hey you guys, did you like the song?” The paladins smiled at the two of them and Allura couldn’t contain her emotions anymore.
“That was the most confusing sing ever! You killed a man then sang to be let go??? I have so many questions.” She leaned against Blue and heard laughter around her.
“Join the club Princess.”
Does anyone actually understand this song????? Jk
I based this off of how my sisters and I act when we sing this song, it’s a family and school classic.
I had so much writing this and I really hope you have fun reading it!!!!
I recommend that you check out this song if you haven’t heard it before!
Voltron Music Headcanon AKA Lance and Shiro start a band
• so one day Team Voltron (finally) has a day to rest and Shiro and Lance are just sitting in the common room.
• Lance absentmindedly starts humming the beginning to a song (I personally imagine that it’s Floral and Fading by Peirce the Veil. I’m just putting that out there.)
• Shiro starts tapping along to it
• Lance starts singing the lyrics and it is BEAUTIFUL.
• Shiro’s heard Lance “sing” to annoy Keith (He chased Keith through the entire castle singing MCR horribly out of key in a Heavy Metal voice, it was as impressive as it was hilarious), but in reality, saying “Lance had the voice of an angel” is an insult to Lance. Holy quiznak, Lance can sing.
• SHIRO STARTS DOING HARMONIES
• They finish the song and Shiro pulls a General Shang being all like “You… You sing good.”
• Lance: Thanks, Shiro!
• Lance [internally]: AJSBDKSBS THIS IS GREATEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME I AM SO BLESSED
• Lance jokingly tells Shiro that they should start a band.
• Shiro seriously thinks starting a band is a great idea.
• Lance mentions the fact that the castle wouldn’t have any instruments to use.
• “Hey Coran, would the Olkari be able to make musical instruments?”
• “Of course!”
• Lance secretly makes Coran SWEAR not to tell Allura or Keith what they’re doing.
• Shiro and Lance ask Allura to make a wormhole to Olkarion. When questioned why, Lance bullshits a detailed “explanation” as to why Lance and Shiro need to be there.
• Allura buys the whole thing and Lance and Shiro are off to Olkarion.
• “Lance, why did you lie to the Princess?”
• “Dude, you can TOTALLY use this as a way to woo her into falling in love with you!”
• “With me? I thought YOU were the one who wanted to be with the Princess.”
• “I like her and everything, but I KNOW you have feelings for her, so I’m gonna help you lock it up, dude! Bros before Hoes, right?” (In truth, Lance wants to woo Keith instead because he’s been pining for him for a while. Everybody but Keith and Shiro are aware of this.)
• “Whoa, don’t call her a hoe!”
• “Case in point!”
• They get to Olkarion and they describe the equipment they’ll need, along with additional instruments they want to have just in case (drumset, guitar, bass, mics, amps, etc.) as best as they can.
• Lance is surprisingly eloquent with the descriptions. The instruments the Olkari make are better than anything found on Earth. Lance tells the Gibson guitar company to eat their fucking hearts out
• Hunk and Pidge HAPPEN to be in the hangar when they return.
• Shiro freezes as the Green and Yellow Paladins spot him walking out of his lion with a fucking bass drum in his hands
• “Don’t tell Allura.” says Shiro looking like a deer in the lights of an oncoming bus
• “…Or Keith” adds Lance sharing the same expression as the Black Paladin
• Pidge and Hunk look at each other for a moment. “Why not?” Asks Pidge.
• Lance tells them the plan of forming a band to win the affections of Keith and Allura.
• “How about we join the band and help you?” Says Hunk.
• “Deal” says Lance and Shiro in unison.
• Pidge finds a completely soundproof room in the castle and watches the security cams so they won’t get noticed by Allura. (Keith spends all his time in the training room, so he won’t be a problem)
• They successfully metal gear solid all the equipment to the room without getting caught by Allura. They spend an hour in the room rehearsing.
• Lance is on Lead Guitar and Vocals (Lance’s guitar solos are what dreams are made of.)
• Hunk is on Bass and backup vocals (okay, listen to a song with vocals only and tell me the bass guitar isn’t important you fricks.)
• Pidge is on Rhythm Guitar, Piano, and backup vocals. (MY NONBINARY SMOL IS SO TALENTED AND I LOVE THEM AND I’M DEFINITELY NOT BIASED. FIGHT ME)
•side note: they also sing lead vocals for Paramore songs, which they are surprisingly good at.
• Shiro is on drums. (Shiro sweats a lot when he plays, so he doesn’t wear a shirt. He also does that thing where he twirls one of the drumsticks while he plays with one hand. Because of course he can. Space Dad can do anything.)
• Coran calls Allura and Keith to the common room
• They start playing Dear Maria, Count Me In by All Time Low the moment Keith and Allura walk through the door.
• During the verses of the song, Lance gets up close and personal with Keith as he sings, hitting him with the smolder™ (he brings his fucking A-GAME. Puffed up chest, confident grin, the occasional hair flip, and “fuck me” eyes that gave a whole new meaning to “if looks could kill”.)
• Homosexuality, thy name is Keith.
• Shiro decides to wink at Allura, as well as mouth the words “dear Allura, count me in” during the chorus.
• rip allura
• once the song is over, Allura compliments Shiro and caNNOT STOP STARING AT HIS CHEST. She kisses him on the cheek and tells him she really enjoyed it and that they should do this more often. (Obviously, she doesn’t know that that sounds really sexual. OR DOES SHE?)
• rip shiro
• the space parents become a flustered, giggly mess. Shiro pulls her into a passionate kiss. Not only that but Allura is also pulled into his sweaty rock hard chest.
• rip allura part 2: electric boogaloo
• Keith starts violently making out with Lance, and they do that thing where they walk and make out at the same time until they get to the hangar, where Keith (who’s still getting all icky-sticky with Lance) knocks on red’s foot so she’ll open up.
• they “have a bonding moment” in the cockpit.
• Red is… Surprisingly okay with this development.
• they do the walk of shame™ back to the common room
• Lance [internally]: I have no shame. This is the greatest thing that’s ever happened to me.
• when they return to the common room, everyone is applauding them. Because red and blue finally made purple. They finally did the mambo with their clothes off. They finally did the bedroom rodeo. They finally did whatever fucking euphemism for sex Pidge could think of.
• Hunk bakes Keith and Lance a “congrats on the sex” cake the very next day.
• this becomes a common occurrence within the castle (the performances, not the sex. Okay, also the sex. You get the point.)
❝ i hated you, i loved you too. ❞ ❝ bad dreams in the night. ❞ ❝ they told me i was going to lose the fight. ❞ ❝ you had a temper like my jealousy: too hot, too greedy. ❞ ❝ ___, it’s me, __, i’ve come home and i’m so cold. ❞ ❝ let me in your window. ❞ ❝ it gets dark, it gets lonely. ❞ ❝ i pine a lot. ❞ ❝ i find a lot falls through without you. ❞ ❝ too long i’ve roamed in the night. ❞ ❝ i’m coming back to his side to put it right. ❞ ❝ let me have your soul. ❞ ❝ you know it’s me: __! ❞
❝ pretty please, can you tell me where i am? ❞ ❝ you, won’t you say something? ❞ ❝ i need to get my bearings. ❞ ❝ i’m lost and the shadows keep on changing. ❞ ❝ and i’m haunted by the lives that i have loved. ❞ ❝ i’m haunted by the lies that wove the web. ❞ ❝ don’t cry, there’s always a way. ❞ ❝ please, i know it’s hard to believe. ❞ ❝ you and me, and these shadows keep on changing. ❞ ❝ hallways always. ❞ ❝ i’m haunted by the promises i’ve made and others i have broken. ❞ ❝ come here, i’ve got the pieces here. ❞ ❝ build a casket for my tears. ❞ ❝ you think i’ll cry? i won’t cry! ❞ ❝ my heart will break before i cry! ❞
fair folk - heather dale
❝ oh, tread not here till the light of day. ❞ ❝ the fair folk dance, the fair folk sing. ❝ ❝ gold and silver shine all around. ❞ ❝ oh, come not here at the fall of night. ❞ ❝ hold high the iron that they fear. ❞ ❝ when the fair folk call, don’t let them near. ❞ ❝ the banshee wails in the dark night. ❞ ❝ seven years spent out of time. ❞ ❝ all was lost that once was mine. ❞ ❝ i tarried once and listened long to the echoes of the fair folk’s song. ❞
murder ballad - murder ballad
❝ we light the match, it starts from a spark. ❞ ❝ we let the fire catch, eliminate the dark. ❞ ❝ we hear them sing: ‘someone’s gonna die’ ❞ ❝ there but for the grace of god, go i. ❞ ❝ from ___ to ___ come stories of true love gone awry. ❞ ❝ we all want to touch the flames but not get burned. ❞ ❝ there’s always a killer, so logically someone has to die. ❞ ❝ we sing the murder ballad’s warning. ❞ ❝ listen and i’ll tell a tale, a tale where good does not prevail. ❞ ❝ you know the ones that break your heart? well, they set themselves apart. ❞ ❝ free will and fate both play their part. ❞ ❝ all have history, all are scarred. trust no one. stay on guard. ❞ ❝ in life’s game, we all take part. time shuffles and you play your cards. ❞
“Bowie came up with the Stones-y riff for “Rebel Rebel” in order to “piss off” Mick Jagger, says guitarist Alan Parker.
Parker performed on the track and a number of other songs on Bowie’s 1974 LP, Diamond Dogs, which also featured the Stones-influenced title track.
“He said, ‘I’ve got this riff and it’s a bit Rolling Stonesy – I just want to piss Mick off a bit’,” remembers Parker. “I spent about three-quarters of an hour to an hour with him working on the guitar riff – he had it almost there, but not quite.
“We got it there, and he said, ‘Oh, we’d better do a middle…’ So he wrote something for the middle, put that in. Then he went off and sorted some lyrics. And that was us done.”