I have decided it’s about damn time I did one of these. I feel bad for the amount of times I’ve been asked to rec blogs but have been too stressed to do it properly because I didn’t want to leave anyone out. SO THIS TIME NOBODY GETS LEFT BEHIND OR FORGOTTEN!!!! OHANA MEANS FAMILY!!!
What if the aliens believe that they are all related to each other, since they are of the same species? Perhaps they think this is true of every species, for example: birds; fish; insects; and so on - under the assumption that ‘They are all of the same genus (or whichever taxonomic rank it is), therefore they must share a common ancestor.’ So, when some of the humans claim that they aren’t related, they get really confused.
- Just imagine two humans meeting back up after a day spent doing their things at opposite ends of the alien ship. They’re hugging, laughing and telling each other about how their day was and what happened that was worth retelling.
- An alien crew member cautiously walks up to them, and they try to hold back their laughter as they listen to them.
- “Are you two siblings?” they ask nervously. The two humans look at each other and chuckle quietly, evidently trying to hold back hysterical laughter but not wanting to seem rude.
- “No, we aren’t,” one eventually manages to say.
- “Oh - cousins, then? Perhaps a few times removed?” the alien tries again, confused.
- “Oh, no, no!” the other human chuckles, slightly flapping their hand as though trying to shoo away the notion. “We aren’t even related!”
- The alien just stands there in shock, mouth slightly agape. Eventually, they swallow dryly and manage to choke out “W-What?! How c-can you not be related?”
- The humans look at each other again and this time they burst into full-on, guffawing laughter. They’re laughing so hard that tears form at the corners of their eyes and they are doubled over, clutching their stomachs.
- “Related? My, if we were all related, we would be very ashamed of family ties to certain people!” one manages between laughs.
- The other wipes their face and exhales deeply to stop making a fool of themselves. “No, most humans aren’t related. The only relations are extended families, and some of those have never interacted with each other at all!”
- “B-But…you’re all of the same species! Don’t you share a common ancestor?” the alien asks, absolutely bewildered at these strange creatures.
- “Eh, who knows? All we know is we evolved from monkey kinda things, or something of the sort.” The human shrugs; the other scratches their head thoughtfully. They chuckle once more, thank the alien for saying hi and walk off to their rooms, leaving the poor thing really questioning its life decisions.
Hello everyone! My blog is almost 2 years old and I met more friends along the way which made my tumblr life more colorful (^_^). To all my wonderful followers especially new mutuals, thank you all so much for sticking with me and my blog until now! You guys are amazing! I don’t deserve you guys and I can’t thank you all enough! I never thought I would reach this far, a new milestone… 2k is a lot for me and therefore, I will keep running this blog and my other sideblogs for as long as I can! Thank you also for those who looks up, appreciate and compliment my edits, your words means a lot to me you have no idea! It boosts my confidence and motivates me to do more and improve along the way! ≧◡≦
omg you guys my likes section is almost EXCLUSIVELY mad sweeney
i………………………………love him so much and AG was so satisfying BUT IT TOO IS OVER
that being said, i’m still going to spend most of the summer doing American Gods work, because it was so refreshing. after the wringer spn put me through, i really was trying to make mountains out of molehills. i do have a few spn comic ideas to get to, tho!
SO IN REGARDS TO SPN CONS I’M WORKING! my plans for the rest of the year (which are subject to change, but this is the basic overview!) are:
CHICAGO, IL JULY 14-16
MINNEAPOLIS, MN AUG. 25-27
PITTSBURGH, PA SEPT. 8-10
NEW ORLEANS, LA OCT. 27-29
WASHINGTON, DC NOV. 10-12
sanfran might still be on the table, but it’s a bit too far off to tell right now. i love seeing everyone’s faces with my traveling comic show HOWEVER i might need a month to get my bearings at some point :’)
anyway here’s that gif of me with my cat band again