How To Have a Positive Fandom Experience (it is possible)
1. Not every post requires a reaction. Seriously. I see people exhausting themselves writing responses to a post they don’t agree with when in reality the ONE nice thing about tumblr is if you don’t agree with an opinion you can scroll…. right…. past it. You can hide it from appearing on your dash again. You can blacklist its tags, block the person, etc. Take advantages of the positives of this website and it will already be a much better experience for you.
2. Not every comment requires a reaction. Same thing above goes for all those comments people put on your posts JUST TO GET A REACTION OUT OF YOU. Do you know how many times a post of mine has made it’s way to a different fandom. I look through my notifs and suddenly just see “BELLAMY BLAKE SUX DIK.” Just. Block them.
3. Not every message requires a response. Again, no ones holding a gun to your head saying “you need to respond to every anon sent to you.” I see people responding to anon hate and I just think why the hell would you do that? You’ll NEVER see me respond to anon hate. I can’t think of anything funnier then knowing someone out there got heated enough just over my presence on the internet to type up an angry message, hide behind anon, and now is sitting there waiting for my response. Meanwhile i’ll have read all of 3 words in their message before blocking their IP from ever messaging me again. And they’ll just keep sitting there and checking back waiting for a response they’ll never get while I keep posting shit like “BLARKE IS GONNA FUCK”
4. Unfollow, break mutuals, block people. You’re ALLOWED to do that. I break mutuals all the time and I unfollow people really easily. There’s a reason I’m never following over 90 blogs. I’m not saying that to be cocky, I’m telling yall to drop the mentality that “oh I can’t unfollow this person because we used to talk and they’re kinda big in the fandom and I don’t wanna start shit” and that ever since I dropped that, I do not see drama on my dash. I see my other mutuals referring to the drama, but I never see it because I’ll have already unfollowed the person. IF THEY WERE PROBLEMATIC ONCE,,, THEY’LL BE PROBLEMATIC AGAIN.
5. This “Discourse” Trend. isn’t. cute. Take it from someone who used to constantly get involved in that shit. You think it makes you “one of the blarke fam.” It doesn’t okay, it makes you one of the assholes. No one wants to be friends with that person who’s constantly angry about something. I understand calling out problematic things (that absolutely should happen) but when every single one of your posts is just you being angry, you making a problem out of every little thing, you bringing down others with you, you getting involved where you shouldn’t be, you fighting people,
you writing posts shading someone else’s post, you bringing up old and DEAD shipwars (seriously why are yall still posting l.exa hate, LET IT GO)… you’re not only ruining the experience for yourself but for every single person who follows you and who sees those posts. YOU are contributing to the “fandom drama” and YOU are the reason so many of the newbies in the fandom get involved in discoursing so fast. And guess what? no one feels fucking sorry for you when you’re the one taking a break from tumblr every week because we all know you bring it on yourself.
**To the newbies in the fandom: I know you see it a lot, I know you think this is the only way to be involved in the blarke fam, I know you think it’ll get you a lot of followers and more known in the fandom. Trust me when I say you do not wanna go down that path. It’s not at all fun and there’s a reason the blogs who do this are the ones who want to quit the show, the fandom, tumblr. TRUST ME, I ALMOST QUIT LAST SUMMER, I WAS THAT BITCH. You wanna be more involved? message people, write positive posts, get involved with shit like bellarke fam selfie night. Stay away from the discoursing.
*Doesn’t apply to social justice issues, those should very much be talked about. But stfu about it if you’re straight and white please. And stop speaking over the lgbt poc in the fandom,,,in attempt to get notes and followers*
6. Stop being bullies. You might think you’re “edgy” and a badass bitch for writing a post shading someone, or for being part of a group that gangs up on that one person in the fandom. You’re not edgy, you’re not That Bitch, you’re just A Bitch. You’re the bully that you never got to be in highschool. That’s really all I have to say about that,,,just don’t be a dick ??
7. And finally. Be the positive presence. Be that blog people can come to for a laugh when they’re having a bad day (making people laugh feels a lot nicer then getting people angry, down, etc.) Be the person people feel comfortable enough messaging you. Be the person who drops KIND anons in the ask box of someone you feel maybe doesn’t always receive a lot of love. ***Reach out when someone makes a post about having a terrible day/being in a down mood/struggling with life or mental illnesses.*** Comment and reblog peoples selfies and hype eachother up. Be the person who points out positives of an episode and who can make someone feel better when they’re feeling disappointed. IGNORE THE NEGATIVE ANONS (seriously no one wants to see “bellarke is never gonna happen” on their dash. If we did, we’d be following people from a different fandom.) Ignore the drama, ignore the discourse, ignore the downers in the fandom.
You never know what someones going through outside of tumblr. For a lot of people logging on here is the only distraction they get from what’s going on in their real life. Think about that before putting something negative on someone dash, or before sending a mean anon, or before joining a group to shade That One Person.
Despite some disappointment that it’s not in the style of the teaser trailer–
Code Vein is a “gruelling” action RPG made by Bandai Namco and just revealed today. You take the role of a Revenant - a vampiric creature that can drain the blood of their enemies in order to gain new skills, weapon abilities and attacks. Post-apocalyptic anime vampires. Sounds cool to me.
Plus, I have faith in the creators of Dark Souls that they’ll pull through with this game and make it amazing. Figured I’d share some of the screenshots in the release. Looking forward to 2018 now!
Prepare to dine.
also for those who hadn’t seen the teaser trailer ^
I wish someone would have told me these things when I was younger to save me a lot of time, money, and frustrating mistakes so here you go kids:
- when you’re putting together your first kitchen on a tight budget, certain quality items are way more important. good basics will get you through most day-to-day cooking and last basically forever, whereas nice matching plates are cute but no less functional than mismatched stuff from goodwill. (also, overstock stores are a GREAT way to get good basics cheap because who gives a shit about damaged packaging or out of season colors when it comes to stuff like this? rich people maybe idk)
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter has made a vegan butter! I like it so much more than Earth Balance, and the packaging is openly stamped "Vegan," so I figured I'd share! I've been finding it at Hannaford, Market Basket, and Walmart!
I haven’t tried yet! I do love earth balance though and it’s at all my stores I go to now with the regular butter so i’m like proud of it? but i’ll try that at some point. More and more brands are putting out vegan versions its so nice. My dad buys and loves the vegan Breyers oreo ice cream. I’m still on the look out to try the new vegan Häagen-Dazs ice cream, too. Times are changin’ c’:
(You're like the only sterek blog I follow so I figured I'd share it with you!) So tonight when I got off work, I went and got caribou. As I was walking out to my car, a black Camaro speeds by on the highway through town with this thin, long young dude hanging out and yelling whatever. He sees me and like enthusiastically waves and shouts at me and I just got like flashes of Stiles yelling out of Derek's Camaro just to bother the sourwolf and others but nobody stops him cause he's happy
Stiles would totally do that. He would open the window, Derek asking what’s he’s doing, ‘I’m gonna have some fun, Der’ ‘What do you mean fun? Your fun is me getting arrested by one of your dads deputies!’ Stiles leans out of the window, starts waving at people they pass by, ‘Stiles get in the car!’
Stiles starts shouting greetings, and ‘Nice shirt’ at people and waves almost manically at anyone that waves or greets him back.
‘Get in the car, NOW!’ Derek pulls at Stiles leg until he’s fully in the car again. ‘What if your-’ They hear a siren blip twice and Derek sees the light in the rearview mirror and pulls over and then glares at Stiles as he gets his licence and registration papers out.
‘Evening, Mr. Hale.’ Derek freezes and his glare turns into a slightly frightened expression, Parrish he had no trouble with, Grimes he had no issues with, but Sheriff John Stilinski was more than just the law around here. He was also Dereks boyfriend-of-almost-two-days father. With a swallow Derek turned to John.
‘Sheriff Stilinski.’ ‘Hiya Dad.’ Stiles waved, not looking even slightly guilty about anything. The brat. ‘How’s your evening going?’ ‘It was going wonderfully until not only Mrs. Sanches but also Hillary and Duch called me about my son hanging out of the window of his boyfriends car.’ At this Stiles flinched. ‘Yeah. So son why don’t you say goodbye to Derek and get in my cruiser.’ ‘But-’ ‘I’m gonna talk to Derek for a bit and I will deal with you later.’ Stiles dares to kiss Dereks cheek and says a quiet goodbye and leaves the car, Derek is not sure where this is going but the next thing out of John Stilinskis mouth was not it. ‘Derek, son, if or lets be honest here, when, my son does something like this again don’t hesitate to just stop and leave him at the curb. Or just drive down to the station and he can stay a few hours and do some papperwork instead.’
‘Sir?’ ‘I know my son, Derek, I am not gonna charge you or give you a ticket for something I am sure you tried to stop-’ Derek nods. ‘when it’s my son doing whatever it is.’John pauses to give Derek a moment before continuing. ‘I’m expecting you over for dinner sometime this weekend, alright?’ Derek can only nod and is still sitting there 10 minutes later when Stiles texts him ‘So my dad just had a shovel talk with me, for you. So I guess he likes you?!’
Derek was alright with this, now he just needed to figure out what to bring to dinner this weekend.
The cool fall air bit at his skin, still warm from the buzz of alcohol. Dex was glad to be able to use the season’s weather and the tub juice as an excuse for the pink flush he couldn’t help spreading over his skin: a flush that had absolutely nothing to do with the arm Nursey had casually flung over his shoulders. He was grateful that the walk from the Haus to their dorms was such a short one.
“Dex, you are, without a doubt, the most beautiful person I have ever met,” Nursey said, words slightly slurred. Dex barely resisted rolling his eyes despite the way his heart tripped a beat.
“Nurse, you already said that exact same thing to the girl from your Shakespeare seminar, and then recited an entire love poem to her,” Dex said. “You can’t have two most beautiful people.”
Nursey pouted, and Dex had to look away before he could get caught up in thoughts about that pout. “Yeah, but it was just a sonnet, Dexy. I didn’t mean it.”
“What, you’re gonna write me a prettier poem to prove it?” Dex asked sarcastically. Nursey shook his head.
“You’re too pretty for poetry,” He said. His tone made it sound like the most logical thing in the world. “You’ve got too many… freckles, and angles, and parts. Words can’t catch them all.”
Dex cocked an eyebrow. “I, uh, thank you?”
“Hey, I mean it; it’s hard,” Nursey said. “You just haven’t tried catching them yourself. If you tried, you would get it.”
“… I’m sure,” Dex said drily.
Nursey hummed as if he was holding back a comment of his own, a sound that vibrated in his chest and settled comfortably into the relative quiet of campus at two a.m: still and dark and drowsy. It took a moment for either of them to break the silence and speak again.
“Will you sing to me now?” Nursey asked, tipping into Dex’s side, head resting on Dex’s shoulder and breath running against his neck. “Pretty please?”
They almost tipped into the grass. Nursey and alcohol was a heady mix that Dex would have to remind himself to avoid in the future.
“No.” He gritted out, balancing both of their weights and stumbling forwards. Stupid, clumsy, attractive teammates with their stupid, expensive cologne and stupid, perfect- ugh.
“Because I’m not any good at it. Trust me, you don’t want to hear me sing.”
Nursey’s brows furrowed. “But I do, Dex. I do.” He lifted his head just enough to speak into the sensitive space just beneath Dex’s ear. “And maybe, one day, you’re going to believe me.”