I’m either Clementine’s Speech Therapist’s dream- or nightmare
Clementine’s first night with her AAC device went smashingly well! It’s charged and ready to go for today. I hope it’s okay that I started
moving a few things around in Proloquo2. I’ll always tell you when I do and don’t hesitate
to tell me to put something back! Everything is saved in storage.
1. You mentioned you were going to remove “is” and “some” for now- so I did that from the template section
2. I locked down twitter, facebook, etc so she only has access to her ‘voice’
3. I put in a password to prevent her from changing anything. It’s “clementine”.
4. I did a lot with the food section. I removed all of the categories for now- like “lunch meat” because she’s a ways off from learning food groups - except for fruit (the icon is really good). Instead, I put her typical food choices directly on the page (i.e. Turkey, ham). Also, I took my mom authority and put all of the sweets into a dessert folder. She’ll no doubt have that one figured out by the end of the day. Ask her what she had for breakfast (Cheerios)!
5. On the Home page I added “bathroom”, “drink”. and “Things”. I hope that’s okay. Under “Things” I added many of her typical requests like Bandaids (apologies ahead of time!), chapstick, lotion, paper towel, etc.
6. I also took out a lot of the 2nd pages that were way too advanced led her to endless exploration and punching buttons instead of actually communicating. For example, I put all of the religions, holidays, complicated games (chess), etc. Everything is still in storage and I can put it all back up in a flash if you want.
I’m so so excited for Clementine to finally be able to communicate. Thank you! Rebecca”