Hello! If it's alright asking, do you have any favorite theories or headcanons? I've always been kind of curious about it. Also, what would you say is the most absurd theory or headcanon you've seen (if you've seen one, that is)?
hi anon, what a nice ask to receive, thank you! sorry for taking a couple of days to come back to you.
my favourite headcanons that spring straight to mind are:
- isadora is trans (it pains me that this isn’t canon)
- moxie is the editor
- lemony is the world’s most unreliable narrator, and the baudelaires are ashamed of the things they did during asoue. both versions of the story beatrice junior later hears are therefore quite a long way from the truth
- beatrice junior is olaf’s biological daughter (there’s something beautiful about the baudelaires raising olaf’s orphan daughter after the end)
- the s stands for sunny
- jacques and kit are twins (this is half-canon i think)
- olaf didn’t burn down the baudelaire mansion (i used to be part of the camp that thinks it was esme, but now i think it’s rather fitting for it to be some nameless, faceless other villain that we never meet in the series)
also have a secret love for the idea that charles and esme are
siblings, to fit with the salinger book, though this is arguably a
fairly absurd one itself!
and i haven’t actually seen any absurd ones in recent times - but there used to be some wild ones when i was a lot younger. i think there was a well-developed theory about the man with a beard but no hair and his partner being the baudelaire parents at one point!
hope this helps - i’d be interested to hear your headcanons too!