I think Nikandros and Nicaise would’ve been the best of friends. Nik and Nic. Nick! Nick-bros!!
- There would be simultaneous sighs of suffering when Laurent and Damen get flirty with each other at inappropriate times.
Nicaise, being a brat he
would be making snarky remarks to Laurent about his giant of a hubby, and
Nikandros would be giggling and trying to cover it as a cough.
- When Laurent is educating his little fosterling and giving him a lecture, Nik will be interfering with “oh come on, your highness, give him a break”. Or even taking blame for Nicaise.
- When Nic takes it too far with teasing somebody, Nik will be just picking him up and carrying him away
- Nik stealing treats for Nicaise from kitchen.
- Laurent catching him doing so and being so surprised he can’t even find anything teasing to say.
- Nikandros teaching Nicaise to wrestle.
- Nicaise giving Nikandros tips on what to say to Laurent to make him blush and shut up and telling him embarrassing stories from Laurent’s life in Vere
- If someone tries to make a move on Nicaise, then Nikandros, Damen, and Laurent all glare at this person like three over-protective fathers, and if the person keeps annoying him, they just grind te bastard into a pulp in every way possible.
- Nikandros letting Nic hide from his teachers in his room when he does not want to study math or whatever. And telling the servants he hadn’t seen him. Until Laurent himself comes, looking very cross and strict, and they can no longer lie.
- So as a punishment, Nikandros has to go to a math lesson with him.
- Nicaise likes to run away into the city , and Nikandros being too worried for him to let him go alone, so he sneaks out of the palace with him.
- Once or twice they run into “Charles and Lamen” who are doing the same sneaking-out thing, and have a very awkward encounter.