anyone who has spent five seconds around me ever:
yes, johnny is debuting, we know, johnny is finally debuting, he’s joining nct127, he deserves it so much, he’s finally debuting, we KNOW, johnny is debuting johnny is fucking debuting ok we know, we get it, JOHNNY IS DEBUTING. WE GET IT.
Warning: I wrote and posted this before as “Red Dress” but I revised it and changed the title to “Passion and Rage.” If anyone is reading this, please enjoy the story! Thank you very much! Let’s show our support to the boys, NCT! :)
You looked at your naked
body at the full-length mirror in front of you, you touched your bare face and
gently slapped your cheeks.
Tonight, your family will
hold a big business event, it is a formal party; a party for your father and
his business partners’ success. Since you’re wild tonight, you decided to wear
a long red gown with slit near your upper inner thigh. The fabric is smooth and
body-hugging. It shows off your well-curved body, it reveal your shoulders and
a bit of your cleavage. The red dress is elegant and sexy at the same time, it
suits you very well. As you are, classy and proud.
Red. Red is your color in
months now. It was the only color that may symbolize you since Jaehyun left
you. You still remember that night when he told you that he’s going to leave
you to pursue his dreams. It never occur to you that he might do it, he was
always gentle, caring, and for all you knew, he loved you – but there is always
a different side of the story, and he might not even tell you what is the
reason behind this. That night, you were numb. You didn’t cry as you watch him
turn his back from you. You didn’t chase or went after him as he walked slowly
away from you. The next day, you felt everything. The rush, the pain, the
tears. You had emotional breakdowns after you realized he was gone for his own
good, you had been crying after you realized he left you and didn’t need you
anymore. Again, for the nth time since he had left you, tears fell from your
eyes like the first time – it was always been a bucket of tears when it’s
Jaehyun. You pulled yourself together and wore the dress, put some make up on
and the red killer heels that made you high and mighty.
“You look breath-taking
beautiful today, [Y/N].” Your younger brother, Renjun, in his black tidy suit
said as he was praising you. He was sitting on the couch looking handsome as
ever. “But isn’t your dress too revealing?” He asked innocently.
You raised an eyebrow,
trying to think whether to answer his question or not. “Yes, yes, it is.” You
finally answered. “And you crooked teeth is bothering me, brother. Do shut up.”
You kidded and laugh while he looked at you with deadly shots.
“Quiet now.” Your parents
appeared in front of you two. “Lets go and meet the guests.”
The people in the hall went
on silence when they heard the big doors opened, they started to congratulate
your father’s success. You looked around. Chandeliers are shining, just like
you. The sons of your father’s business allies’ are all looking at you,
appreciating the goddess in red tight dress that was once walked on the red
carpet. Your parents stopped in the center of the hall and bowed, you and
Renjun followed. The exchange of Congratulations and Thank You’s are roaring
around you. As you walked towards the tables that were assigned for you, you
noticed a familiar figure.
At the table that is not
very far from you, there is a man who was looking intensely at you. The body
you longed for, the man you love so much. He was in black sit like many of your
guests, but he looks dashingly good compared to others. He left your gaze as
his father sucked him for a talk. His side profile is what you loved the most,
you are sure it was Jaehyun. It’s Jung Jaehyun, the man who left you months
ago. His hair is now different, you can see that he dyed his hair blonde,
honestly, it made him sexier, the blonde hair suit him as it made him much of a
man than he is when he had black hair. It gave him a mature yet a very good
As soon as you reached the
table, Renjun immediately hugged Jaehyun. Your brother is very fond of him, he
liked him more than you do. They’d team up to piss… that was before. Jaehyun
laughed as soon as Renjun threw himself to Jaehyun’s arms. He talked to your
brother as well, and his voice – his
voice that you crave to hear for months sent shivers to you.
You gained your composure,
making sure he did not notice that he still have this very effect on you and your
body. You sit beside him as it was the only available sit on the round table.
Your parents are busy talking to his, Renjun, your brother and as your
distraction, went to play with the other kids, that left you two quiet and it
turned the atmosphere awkward and eerie.
You felt Jaehyun’s left
hand on your right thigh, messaging it. You breathe deeply. His mere touch cause
every single cell of your body to react.
“Baby,” He leaned towards
you, his lips is very near to your ears. “Who told you to wear this kind of
dress?” He whispered different praises to your ears, but you only prayed for
one thing. Dear God, help me with this.
“Baby, you look wonderful tonight but assholes keeps on looking at you and
obviously hitting on you,” He said as he continued to massage your thighs. “I’m
getting mad.” He, then, slipped his hands in the slit of your dress making
access to your inner thighs.
You were getting uneasy.
“No.” Said Jaehyun with a
serious tone. His hands finally abandoned your thighs before standing up.
“Excuse us, Sirs, Madams.” He nodded before dragging you outside the pavilion
Once you two are outside,
he held your shoulders for you not to face him. “God, I missed you.” Jaehyun
wrapped his hands around your waist and bend over you to shower your bare
shoulders with kisses. He was back-hugging you, like what he do to you when
you’re upset before.
“I’m sorry I left you.” The
word ruined you. Tears streamed down on your face. “I’m so embarrassed, I don’t
even have a face to show you after what I did.” But still, he turned around and
looked at you.
“Explain.” You demanded.
He started spitting out
apologies and reasons. “It was your father’s idea. Months ago, I asked for your
hand on marrying you and your parents’ approval. But your father felt like he
was going to lose you once I marry you. That’s why he told me to prove myself
worthy for him to give me his blessings.” He stopped to wipe your tears, the
silver moonlight is shining in your face, Jaehyun looked at your eyes and
kissed you lips. “You’re even beautiful when you cry, baby. That’s the real
reason why I left you. I had to build my own empire, I had to build my own
company and be successful.”
You smacked his head. Too
angry he didn’t let you know about all of this, too happy he’s back. “I don’t
know what to say,” You held his cheeks, “You’re crying?”
He sobbed. “This party is
not about your father’s business venture, it’s about mine and this is our
engagement party, [Y/N]. Please forgive me.” He fell on his knees and hugged
your legs. “I love you. Marry me.”
“Shhh, don’t cry.” You
pulled him, “Stand up, Jaehyun.” Once he was up on his feet again, you caressed
his face. “Yes, I will marry you.”
“Thank you for forgiving
me.” He kissed you. “Thank you for waiting for me.” He kissed you again. “Thank
you for loving me.” He kissed you again, now even deeper and longer.
And just like that, the
world seemed to disappear. Just like that, you truly felt passion and rage and
desire. Just like that, everything is right.
• “i love you too babe”
• “im…i can’t say your name babe, im just gonna call you ten”
• lots of skinship!!!!!!
• butt slaps ugh
• “ur so hot”
• “im hotter than TEN thousand degrees. ha, baby, get it, ha”
• he loves you, everything about you is so cute and loveable and sexy to him.
• lots of nose touching
• god his nose is perfect
• “god, ur nose is perfect”
• lots of cute little gestures that make you want to cry.
• dance breaks!!!!!
• “smack it smack it smack it in the rear”
• “UR SO HOT”
• “I LOVE U.”
• johnny messes w ten a lot and you’re just like “nooooo johnny don’t mess w my babyyyyy”
• “lol jk i agree.”
• “NO IM JUST KIDDING TEN, DONT CRY. I LOVE YOU”
• “ill protect you baby!!!!!”
• “ten, ten, ten stop you- you cried bc i went to the bathroom and left you alone for 2 minutes.”
• “iT. Was. DARK OUT. THE TREE LOOKED LIKE A PERSON.”
• o yeah he calls you babe and baby a lot.
• he once made you cry bc ten isn’t good at memorizing things other than really, really important things and dance moves.
• so here’s what happened:
• ten got a new phone
• all contacts lost bc that’s how sm rolls w the phone shit
• you texted him not knowing
• “who dis”
• “??? excuse me”
• “knew phone who dis” ten, used the wrong new.
• “you didn’t memorize my number?”
• “WHO IS THIS.”
• “ten who do you think it is.”
• “IM CALLING”
• you pick up the phone and start crying bc :“( and ten freaks out and he’s like “o nOBABY. BABY N O BABE.”
• it took him all night, but he memorized your number
• and you cried again bc “oh my god please don’t do this for me, i overreacted, you must bc super tired pls get sleep babe”
• but he insisted and was super proud and couldn’t stop smiling after he got it down
• LOTS OF CUDDLES
• tens tiny, so you two are tiny together and you two just hug in whatever position is the most comfortable
• when you’re sad, tens like “ :”“((((( let me give you a hug, you precious baby”
• ten kissed you on your forehead and nose a lot and you’re like “stop it” but you love it
• ten really doesn’t get jealous it’s like “i grabbed a cup of coffee with my ex boyfriend today”
• “that’s nice, what’d you guys talk about? did you have a nice time? it’s cool you two are still cool.” but unlike most boyfriends he’s genuinely curious about what you did and whether or not you had fun
• he trusts you that much
• you know what rhymes with trust
• his hip thrusts send you to the heavens above
• sexy time w ten is so unexpected bc he’s normally so happy and he’s a baby who wants all of your attention
• then he turns serious and then he just crashes his lips on yours and you melt like butter.
• his dance performances bring tears to your eyes bc my god- do i need to explain
• you tease him a lot bc he’s on hit the stage
• “DID YOU SAY HI TO TAEMIN TODAY.”
• and you also tease him for the ghost prank thing on hit the stage. ten can’t stand that.
• “//sends the video clip of him screaming//”
• “it’s cute”
• but you compliment him a lot bc gosh he did well
• “IT WAS LIKE- LIKE YOU WERE REALLY POSSESSED.”
• “thank u, thank u”
• he sends a lot of emojis
• lots of hearts
• “why do you call johnny a fatass”
• “cause HE A FATASS.”
• “who’s your favorite person in the whole wide world, ten”
• “my MOM, then my DAD, then you”
• “….at least you’re honest”
• SUCH GREAT COUPLE SELFIES
• “I LIKE THIS PICTURE. AND THIS ONE TOO. GOD TEN YOU’RE SO PHOTOGENIC. I LOVE THIS PICTURE TOO. OH GO D !1!?!1!!”
• you guys have one official, couple t shirt
• you guys wear it all the time to the point where everyone in the group gasps and takes pictures when you two wear something different
• you and ten never fight
• but you do argue about who’s hotter
• jaemin cannot deal with it.
• “you’re so fucking hot, babe.”
• “mhm, well, you’re hotter okay?”
• “let’s settle this in the bedro-”
• “PLEASE DON’T DO THIS AGAIN. IT’S DISGUSTING.” -everyone. esp jaemin and donghyuck.
• “go on. do it. ill hurt you if you continue. but do it. i dare you.” - johnny and taeyong and hansol.
• “IF Y'ALL DONT SHUT UP RIGHT NOW I’LL KILL YOU TWO FIRST, THEN KILL MYSELF NEXT” - doyoung, yuta
• “hehe they’re talking about dirty things” - jaehyun, kun, taeil
• “lol what” - winwin, jeno, mark, jisung
• ten loves feeding you
• he’s just like “here babe eat!!!!!”
• and you just, eat, and then give him a small kiss on the cheek on on the tip of his nose and everyone’s like “aw y'all cute, but fuck off w that.”
• “ill teach you how to dance”
• you send him his predebut pics all the time
• and his response is either “who’s this hot piece of ass” or “ew what the-”
• he loves to rest his head on your shoulder, vise versa
• he likes to touch you and like, pinch you like, he just likes touching you, a lil too much.
• asks you a lot of weird questions “what if i got eaten by alligators and got shit out whole and managed to survive, what would you do? would you ever kiss me again.”
• snapchats you derps and then sends “i feel betrayed and attacked” when you take a screenshot.
• you’re on his snapchat story so, much. you’re basically the only thing on his snapchat stories. it’s intense.
• he pouts a little when you don’t do things his way
• he pouts a lot when you watch other dancers dancing and you’re like “uGH hot”
• “THE OTHER GUYS IN SIX PACK ARE REALLY GOOD, TEN.”
• “you know im-”
• “ROCKY HAS ABS TOO? AND HES ONLY SIXTEEN? WHAT-”
• “I HAVE ABS TOO”
• “okok you attention wanting baby, you’re the hottest”
• “thank u babe”
• you tell him to dance to new kpop songs lot
• “do a freestyle to exo’s monster”
• y'all say “i love you, babe” more times than you breathe.
• when he smiles, you smile
• when he touches you or rests his hands on your shoulder or something, you get butterflies in your stomach and you’re like “ten ugh-”
• “I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.”
• “me too, i love you too- are u ok”
• “just peachy.”
• you touch ten’s face a lot just, poking it and stuff
• he’s so good looking
• he smiles when you poke his cheeks or something and he’s just like “i feel like play dough”
• “me or johnny”
• “you forevER.”
• his lips are really soft and they’re super sweet
• he secretly eats candy or a mint or something, anything sweet before he kisses you so you taste his lips and kiss him longer
• tens pretty smart.
• ^ all in the wrong subjects tho
• ten plays with your hair a lot and tries to make you look pretty but it only results in your hair somehow getting messed up
• he once tried to do your make up
• “never again.”
WELL THIS WAS TEN. I’M JUST KINDA, DOING THESE ONE MEMBER AT A TIME AND THEY’RE NOT IN ORDER (OBVIOUSLY. BUT IM SORRY. I’M TOO LAZY TO PUT THEM IN ORDER)
Truth behind Asian Media & Entertainment companies
First of all, I decided to be anonymous because of course, I don’t want to lose my job. Any people I know in real life might find me in no time, so I don’t want to take the risk. I will be stating some examples, I’ll try to be less specific as possible so I wouldn’t give in the identity of the artists I’ll be talking about. Anyway, if ever I don’t make any sense explaining things, I apologize because English is not my first language.
Second, why am I writing this? I’ve been seeing indirect arguments between some Kaisoo shippers and some Kaistal shippers regarding SM Entertainment, etc.
I will have to be honest here: it kind of annoys me when some people drop statements about Asian media as if they know everything about it. Also, I feel really bad for the people who are manipulated. So, I decided to reveal what I know. But I wouldn’t be shocked if there are still people who will chose not to believe in what I have to say, so, I’m not here to force you to believe. I just wanted to share some truth behind BIG entertainment and media companies like SMent. (I emphasized BIG because not every companies does this because of the risks & because they’re not powerful enough like the BIG ones). I want you to be open minded about this, I don’t want everyone to be totally fooled.
Third, yes, I’m a fan of EXO, SNSD, f(x) and Shinee. They’re the only groups I thoroughly followed since the beginning. But I will not state who my biases are and who do I ship because it doesn’t matter, I will not be biased on my statements. I will be stating facts from real life experiences I have from studying and working in Asian media & entertainment industry. I won’t be on Kaisoo shippers’ side, nor Kaistal shippers’ side.
Lastly, I don’t work for SM Entertainment or any entertainment companies in South Korea. I work for a big media and entertainment company somewhere in Far East Asia (East and Southeast Asia, I’m sorry I don’t want to be very specific about this for obvious reasons). I’m not going to claim that everything I’m going to say about media companies are 100% evident and true in SM, but everything I’m going to say is a common practice among media and entertainment companies in East and Southeast Asia.
I will answer questions/arguments/assumptions that frequently come up because of the Baekyeon & Kaistal issue and this insider info in 2012. This is just an eye-opener for those who are not familiar w/ how the media & entertainment industry in Asia works. My purpose is to let you guys be aware of some of our practices, I don’t intend on going against any companies and any people.
Is everything scripted? What they say on interviews are scripted?
Not all the time. Expected and general questions are usually half scripted, half scripted because we only say the gist of what they have to say, we don’t require them to memorize everything, of course. This is for PR purposes, it’s for their image and the image of the company. The artists know it anyway, that they have to keep their reputation good no matter what. Also, it’s the company’s decision if the artist will have to keep quiet about a certain topic.
Are artists really packaged? Aren’t they showing their true personalities?
Not all the time. We only do this to artists who are considered important for the company, or the company’s favorites. One example is this actor-singer under our company, we debuted him with a manly image, a lady’s man type (because he really is handsome & looks manly). But in real life, he’s actually gay. There were scandals about him being gay because he was caught two times (he’s so stubborn about going out at night, I’ll talk about this later), 1st: w/ another actor from the same company, 2nd: w/ a male singer from the same company, but our company remained silent about it (it’s actually a strategy as well, keeping silent about a scandal, because if we refrain from talking about it, then people will forget eventually). So the company continued on giving him projects as if no scandal has ever happened. The journalist who reported both incidents later apologized in public, she/he received a lot of hate actually because the public really loves this guy whom they truly believe is straight. There is also this one singer whom we debuted as a “sexy-type” lady. But she’s actually the girly and shy type in real life.
Are artists really paired beforehand?
Again, not all the time because we only do this to important and favorite artists of the company. We choose those who look physically good together. Actually, there’s a certain pair that has no chemistry at all in real life, like they don’t even care about each other (but they became friends eventually since they’re always together). They each have their own private romantic relationships w/ non-celebs, but since they look physically good together, they were paired. So our company reported & confirmed that they are dating in real life (I’ll talk about fake dating later). But fans saw the guy with another girl recently (even took a picture), but the company remained silent about it, as always. Probably soon, they will release a statement that “they’re only friends” if the issue is still alive for a long time. BUT! There are paired artists who eventually started real romantic relationships because they actually fell in love. Like this dancer couple (who got married) and these two singers (who, sadly, broke up). ALSO, there are a few real relationships whom we took advantage of IF and only IF they are famous & are loved by fans as a couple (this is kind of rare though).
Is fake dating really a thing/marketing strategy?
Yes. If we learned that a lot of people loves seeing them together, then we will show what the public wants to see. But we mostly do this to create hype for both artists & their future activities, and of course, the profit that the company can get from it. But what if the public suddenly doesn’t want to see them together? How about the fans who would be brokenhearted? This will be bad for both artists! Honestly and unfortunately, the company doesn’t care. It’s true that we consider all publicity as good publicity. We actually have this phrase: success from scandal. After the scandal (any kind of scandal actually) arose, we will not bring that up ever again. We’ll continue giving the artist their activities to still promote them, & proceed as if nothing happened. This is very effective actually. Anyway, I saw someone said that why would they do this to get attention, they’re already famous! Because we only use the “reporting/confirming a fake relationship strategy” for artists who are already famous. We will never get the attention we want if we suddenly report that there are two not-so-famous artists dating.
Do entertainment companies have control over what other media reports?
Yes. But only those big, influential & powerful companies can do that, especially those who have partnership w/ other media companies. Those who have the money. Even the government and powerful politicians can control what the media reports. Media practitioners actually have this code of ethics like others have, but there are still people who chose not to follow (journalists who accept bribes!!!). But that’s a different story. You know, money is such a powerful thing. You can’t underestimate money when it comes to businesses.
Does the company have control over everything involving the artist?
Basically yes, since the artist have to ask permission before doing anything that the company didn’t ask them to do. Like, even if the artist has free time, they still have to ask for permission if they can have a vacation on a certain place, or if they can hang out with this person. There are artists who are stubborn about asking for permissions actually, they sneak in and do what they want. Because of their stubbornness, scandals may arise (it happened for a few artists actually, like what I mentioned earlier). If that artist is very important for the company, we will still keep him/her even if he/she is very stubborn. But of course, we will warn him/her, but we will offer some benefits for them to obey and stay w/ the company. If the artist is not so important, we will have to ask him/her the question: “this or the company/contract/career”. So yeah, company favorites are pretty much treated very differently than the others.
In conclusion: here’s a famous saying, “truth is stranger than fiction”, w/c is true in so many different cases. Remember thatNOT EVERYTHING shown is TRUE especially about celebrities who are under a contract w/ very big companies and agencies. We will never fully know every truth about these artists, especially their true feelings, personalities, relationships, sexuality, and their private lives. As for Baekyeon & Kaistal and others, since the insider info was posted in 2012 and what stated there are actually practiced in the entertainment industry, there’s a high probability that the couples are fake. There’s also a possibility that they’re real and SM just took advantage of it, but it’s less likely. BUT, we will never know if they actually felt something for each other or not. Maybe they did fell in love w/ each other, or they actually have other romantic relationships that the public doesn’t know. Or they’re actually single. Who knows. There are many possibilities but they only know the truth themselves, of course.
I have nothing against SM, any people, any ships. The sole purpose of this is to be an eye opener for those who are not familiar w/ the media & ent industry in Asia. I am not claiming that everything I said are 100% evident and true in SM Ent, but everything I said is a common practice in Asia, and is true in my country and our company. What I said is true & are based on my experiences.
I didn’t include links, pictures, other proofs because I don’t want to give in my identity, my nationality, and the company I work in.
I’m a lazy but busy person, I wouldn’t waste my free time writing this if they were all lies. But I know that there are still people who will chose not to believe, but who am I to force you? Just remember this: themedia and entertainment industry is very manipulative, DON’T let media control and fool you. There are many studies, research, and theories regarding the media and its effects on the public (when I was in college, we memorized a lot of theories regarding media and its effects, just search about it if you’re interested, you’ll understand media even more!). And even though media has negative effects on the public, they will still continue with their doings. Because it’s business. It’s the industry. It involves money.
So yeah, in general, don’t be fooled. Also, there’s nothing wrong w/ questioning the media because you have the right anyway (because remember? media claims to “serve” the public, entertainment companies claim to “do this for the people”).
Have a good day! Let’s have peace w/ one another :)