this isn't meant to be rude or anything and I'm not trying to upset anyone, but aren't sociopaths and narcissists on the same spectrum as people with bpd? I just don't see why people with bpd get so much attention and the others don't. you can't favor one mental disorder over another. it is not something to be romanticized.
bitch how can you come into my inbox, when you don’t have a personality disorder and tell me not to take this rudely
1. sociopath & psychopath are slurs used to target people with personality disorders, and unless you’re someone with a personality disorder, you can’t reclaim them.
2. you’re implying people with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) are bad people because of their disorder, which isn’t true at all and makes you sound like a total ableist asshole.
3. literally no one is romanticizing them? we are talking about our experiences and what we have to deal with on a day to day basis. we suffer a great deal and bpd is one of the most common yet most misdiagnosed disorders because of the stigma surrounding it, like most personality disorders.
4. if someone with a personality disorder wants to talk about their symptoms & you want to call them attention seekers, you should probably shut up. people with only depression, anxiety, & the rest of more favorable disorders to neurotypicals get treated way better than people with personality disorders. personality disorders literally stem from childhood trauma & abuse more often than not.
5. why do you hate people with personality disorders?