Harvest Bread Recipe (for College Students!)
If you’re like me and love harvest season (especially the Harvest Festival!), but are student with limited resources as far as cooking goes, you’ll be looking for a simple bread recipe that could be baked in a dorm.
I’m not sure about ya’ll universities, but mine allows me to have a crockpot/slow cooker in the dorm as well as a microwave. So here is a recipe for harvest bread that is perfect for dorm cooking!
- 3 cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon yeast
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- olive oil
- Large bowl
- parchment paper
- slow cooker/crockpot
Steps to Make Dough
- Add flour, yeast and salt to your bowl
- Stir it all thoroughly
- Add your water to the mixture
- Stir until dough forms
- Lightly oil the outside of the dough ball
- cover bowl with plastic wrap
- Let rise for 6-8 hours is a warm dark space
- fold dough in on itself on an oiled counter top
- Let rise for another hour
Steps to Bake Loaf
- Set your slow cooker to it’s highest setting
- Place shaped loaf on top of parchment paper in slow cooker
- Cover with lid
- Check loaf after 1 hour, since baking time varies if it is not cooked after 1 hour, check every 15-30 minutes until done.
- Let cool and Enjoy!
Thanks for reading! hope you guys have as fun of a harvest season as I do!