Reasons I Ship Percico
It’s a common question in the fandom “why do people ship Percico?” So, here is half my list:
1. I like the idea of their relationship slowly evolving into a cloud of playful pushes, friendly jokes and random kisses.
2. The friendship they have (you know, the one they had before it mysteriously disappeared) was amazingly cute and could have made Nico happier if he wasn’t dealing with a lot of stuff on his own.
3. The thought of Nico slowly, but surely, over time, start opening up to Percy is just…. Wow.
4. What about Percy opening up to Nico about a personal problem to show he can be trusted?
5. That time when Percy ran through the dangerous Labyrinth to find Nico at the thought of him being in danger clearly shows he cares about Nico.
6. I love the cheesy ending of Nico finally getting the one he always loved.
7. Nico loved but resented Percy, so think if they were together, that Percy would have the perfect comeback to Nico’s little snaps.
8. How about Percy sitting there, looking at Nico and regretting thinking he was ever annoying when they first met?
9. It would be so cute if Percy and Nico’s relationship slowly grown over several months as they got comfortable together.
10. I’m sorry, but the thought of Nico getting irritated with the camp life and visiting Percy in his apartment for a few weeks is just adorable.
11. What about Percy’s sexuality you ask? It makes it 10 times better if Percy falls for Nico’s personality, not the fact that he’s a gay guy. So not exactly bi, but a straight guy who simply fell in love with Nico di Angelo.
12. Nico was always the one to think of ways to keep Percy safe. Ex. the curse of Achilles, going in the Labyrinth, going into Tartarus to find the Doors of Death etc.
Most importantly, I ship percico because both the characters were cheated out of their friendship by their own author. It’s NOT in character for Percy to just sit there while Jason is just talking about not saving Nico from the Giants because he might be a traitor. That scene gets me so angry I see red. Nico deserves a slow build up with someone he knows and cares about so he can actually get over his self-hatred. Nico is such an amazing character and the way he was written in The Hidden Oracle was insulting.
I ship Percico because they both deserve better.