To anyone who hasn’t read Skip beat: please read Skip Beat.
It’s about a girl who gets into the showbiz industry to exact revenge upon a bastard who used her and played with her heart.
- It’s a wonderful story about a girl learning how to love herself before anything else.
- The female protagonist is so very talented and so very strong.
- On her journey to self discovery she makes new friends and enemies.
- Almost all the women in the series
are hardcore feminists who value their work and career over their love-life.
- All the characters have amazing depth to them, and the emotions are very realistic.
- The female protagonist is a hardcore badass that could possibly kill a man and still look cute doing it.
- So is the male protagonist.
- Hilarious and inspiring side characters.
- Seriously the complexity of the characters is mind-blowing.
- It has unique humour which will keep you laughing the whole night.
- It also has angsty scenes that will make you cry.
- It has good slow romance which is completely
- Has fluff so sweet it’ll rot your teeth.
- The plot is unique and quite frankly a masterpiece.
- Basically Skip Beat! has all the elements of an excellent story.
- Nakamura-sensei (the mangaka) literally planned out everything from the first chapter to the last, so there’s a lot of foreshadowing, which is really cool, and so the story is very grounded.
- It also has an anime for those who prefer watching over reading.
Literally the only downside to this manga is the unattractive art style in the beginning, which later on gets better and trust me, the story is so worth it. So please read Skip Beat.