Super oily eyelids? Try using a cleansing oil to remove your eye makeup. Not only is oil super effective at removing eye makeup but oil is attracted to oil meaning your eyelids will be less oily in the long run.
Face primers are fantastic, and even though I don’t wear one every time I do my makeup , if I need my makeup to look last and look flawless all day I’ll use one. Don’t be fooled into thinking they are just another product to buy so brands can get more money, they are much more than that.
In short, primers are amazing products that you apply after you’ve cleansed and moisturised your skin, but before you apply any coverage products like foundation or concealer. Majority of primers are designed to help make your makeup last a lot longer and smooth over the surface
of the skin so your makeup applies evenly.
TOTAL: $62 These are all drugstore makeup brands and I tried to find the most affordable products worth the money. I would suggest starting out with foundation, concealer, mascara and eyeliner (It’s what I started with), and then work your way into the other items I’ve listed! You will need brushes and I look at them as more of an investment, which is why I’m willing to dole out more money but the E.l.f brushes are cheap, decent ones to start with! You can also check out Wet N Wild, because they have affordable brushes, too. If you’re willing to spend a little bit more money, I whole-heartedly recommend Real Technique Brushes, they are amazing for the price and last a long time! Hope this helps!!
Apply a small amount of mattifying primer onto the back of your hand and use a powder brush to grab a small amount of the product. Continue by patting the brush over the oiliest parts of your face to mattify & refresh makeup.
“Whenever I apply foundation on my dry skin it always looks dry and flaky. What’s the trick to preventing that? ”
Having dry skin I know the struggle of flaky, dry, unnatural looking foundation all to well and it’s something I used to constantly suffer from on a day to day basis. Luckily over time I’ve found a few cures to fixing flaky skin and making makeup look great.
Hey doll! I have a dark concealer sample of the Urban Decay naked skin. Could I contour with it? If I can how can I do it? And also I'm going to a party on Saturday and I have no idea how to make my foundation look more flawless, I use the cover FX primer and the smashbox photo finish primer but it always looks so cakey and bumpy.
Yeh you can contour with a darker concealer, just do it in the same was as creme contour, just Make sure you blend it properly & to make the flawless face I exfoliate to make the skin smooth, apply my primer and the foundation & concealer and then bake/set your face & then spray makeup spray like Mac fix plus over your face as it takes away the patchy, Cakey and powdery look x
Okay, so as we all know, MUFE decided to shatter the game and create an even better foundation for the new technology in HD cameras. This foundation works in 4K ultra HD and what that means is basically, I can zoom in 4x into your skin and you will still look bare faced and flawless AF.
However, I ran into a few problems when I first started using the product and really didn’t like it when I first applied it. I was lucky enough to get some insider tips and tricks on the best ways to apply the foundation and why it works best in that particular way. This is right from the mouth of the pro-artists (at least in the NY region!) at Makeup Forever:
1) If you’re using a Skin Equalizer as your primer, specifically for color correction, apply with a flat foundation brush to make sure the color correcting primer is even throughout the skin and is completely dry before you apply the foundation. Then apply your primer or equalizer for texture. Let them both (or whatever primer you used) to sit for a minute to really set into the skin to reduce redness, sallowness, discoloration, or/and texture.
2) Less is more, I believe it’s one pump or two pumps is good for the whole face. Start with one and go from there.
3) THE MOST IMPORTANT HACK/TIP: Use the ‘tap and stretch’ technique. We were trained on this when the foundation launched. This foundation applies best with a flat foundation brush BECAUSE the pigments in the foundation are encapsulated in spheres. The best way to describe it is like, the spheres are like the little eggs you see on top of sushi, if you apply too much pressure, they pop. You don’t want these spheres to pop or you get a less even and airbrush looking coverage. You do not want to use a beauty blender or a buffing motion or else the spheres will burst and the foundation will not lay as evenly on your skin or evenly over texture. SO, subsection of three is as follows:
- Take some product onto your your flat foundation brush and tap it where you need the most coverage, this normally the center of the face or where you carry the most ‘hot spots’.
- When you’re satisfied with the coverage, take your flat foundation brush and pull from where you just placed the product and stretch the foundation to where you need less coverage. Sort of like pulling from the center of a flower to the petals, the perimeter of your face being the petals.
- If there are parts of your face the need extra coverage, do not be afraid to tap more where you need it, but stretch the edges out to bled. If applied right, it should all look even.
4) Give the product a few minutes to melt if you have dry or textured skin. This foundation does the opposite of ‘baking’. The way it’s made allows it to melt itself to the skins temperature and even itself out over time. So if you have dry or textured skin, give it a couple minutes to smooth over the texture and you will see it have a different effect than before. This was my biggest issue with the product! I hated the finish! But I didn’t apply it right, nor did I wait to set it.
5) You don’t need hella powder, just roll the powder on with either a soft kabuki brush or a big powder brush. But remember, I said roll. You wanna be super gentle when setting so it doesn’t get gross. Like I said before, wait a little bit to set so you can really let it meld to your skins temperature and type. Let them become friends. Be one with the Ultra HD, BE THE ULTRA HD.
So yeah, this is your friend Stef telling you how to live your cosmetic life and be the HD glamour god(dess) you always knew ya could be.