tried to go for a hiramatsu tadashi’s character design style… cause i kinda wanted to see if i could manage to make yuuri look like himself even with a ponytail. could try making him look a bit more masculine still, because he looks like he de-aged as well
tumblr cryptids: those homestuck posts, sources long gone, fandom inside jokes unto themselves, surviving only in their hundred thousand reblogs or progressively jpeggy screenshots, summoned from who knows what dark and mysterious dimension every 4/13
@frantastically and i were talking about a couple of things in homestuck and started to realize this ongoing theme against sugar and sugar products, going through out the entire series:
- from the very beginning of the series John is immediately opposed to sweets like birthday cake even on his birthday because of his dad’s fanatic obsession with baking, to a point of filling the kitchen with more cakes and cookies and running back out of the house to go get more boxes of Betty Crocker boxed pastries.
- between scenes from WV and the trolls, we are introduced to the two Important Homestuck Sodas, Faygo and TaB. Faygo being the juggalo drink of choice is mostly looked over at first in favor of the more direct correlation of Sopor = Weed. TaB however is the drink of choice for WV and the Fuschia bloods, and while being described as notably sweet, TaB is famous for being one of the first diet sodas, and having no sugar in it.
- It’s even mentioned in Meenah’s story that the HIC produced TaB to compete with the subjugglator’s production of Faygo, and dispersed it to lower blooded trolls without actually telling them that the drink contained no actual sugar that Faygo would have. This is something that Meenah takes great pride in.
- Going Back To Faygo, it is later implied with Terezi’s duality to Rose’s storyline that Faygo and sugary soda is the troll equivalent to alcohol, as Karkat shows equal concern for Terezi’s soda problem as Dave does for Rose’s alcohol problem, and later Rose offers to form an AA like group with Terezi to address both of their substance abuse problems
- Sugar is brought up again with themes of substance abuse with the Tricksters. Calliope sees the lollipop juju and resulting sugar rush as a way to just have fun and not think about your problems, and introduces it to her friends when they’re going through their worst drama. The alphas however, after a night of no impulse control and general debauchery, respond to being Tricksters and the juju with a hangover and vowing to never go through the experience again.
if Anyone can draw some sort of conclusion with this information I’d love to hear it? why is hussie so anti-sugar??
This is an update to my old Sweetie collage, this one has significantly more Sweetie Belle. The last one had 32 unique Sweeties, this one has 94. Godspeed if you try to count them all. This is actually only around half of the total Sweetie Belles I have lying around, but most of them are quite old so I didn’t think they looked too nice. Anyways, next time I update this thing I think I’ll stick to only the drawings of solo Sweetie Belle, as much as I like the peppering of Apple Bloom I can’t help but feel like it’d be a bit more Bobdude if it were only the Belle. Or maybe I should only have it be Sweetie and Bloom and no other horse? Which is more Bobdude? Bah.
This design will appear on some crazy big 60x80 inch plush fleece blankets for EFNW, trotcon, and bronycon. That’s right, *60x80*. The print file for this collage is a whopping 8.9 gigabytes, 432 million pixels. had to get me my 300 dots per inch. And yes I’m bringing back the plush fleece, regular fleece had a nice heavy build and it printed very well, but I had more than one person at BABS pass on em cause they didn’t like the material. If I had just washed them beforehand the starchy fresh printed feeling wouldn’t have been around but I didn’t have that kind of foresight… Bit nervous about these ones too, since they’re so big and they’re a special plush, they’re *not* cheap to print so I’m really taking a leap on this one.
Anyways, enjoy a fresh collage. More Sweetie Belles are always on the way!