hello! I love your blog so muchh! It gives me life <33 can i ask for hogwarts!au fics? either complete/wip is fine ^-^ tia! (●´∀｀●)
Thanks for these requests! Most of these fics are already on my Magic AU list, but since there are so many I’ll list some of them here! Let the magic begin!
YOI Hogwarts AU
Expomise by thankyouforexisting, Teen, 68k (WIP) YOI/Hogwarts crossover that is too pure for words. First year muggle-born Yuuri get paired up with the Victor Nikiforov in potions class. Filled with after school study sessions, magic, pining, and skating! LOVE!
Strange Magic by mandathegreat, Explicit, 13k In which Viktor Nikiforov is the Pride of Durmstrang and the Seeker for Russia, Yuuri is Hufflepuff’s Hero and a Hot Mess, and there is a Triwizard Tournament, which is a shame because Yuuri really needs to play Quidditch this year, and he doesn’t really have time to fall in love. SO GOOD JUST READ IT!
Magic on Ice by chibilysis (xyrilyn), Teen, 30k (WIP) Yuuri’s first accidental magic took the form of a miniature snowstorm in his room. By the time his parents realised something was off, Yuuri’s bedroom was one feet deep in magical snow. Hogwarts/YOI crossover that is amazing!
Entwining Fates by rinsled05, Teen, 18k (WIP) Imagine, if a young Japanese wizard by the name of Yuuri Katsuki had transferred to Hogwarts to escape his past, just in time to meet a Russian Quidditch player who would blow open the very doors he was trying so desperately to close. Thumbs up!
rumour has it by lunaetude, Gen, 3.4k When Viktor sees Yuuri happily throw his quill aside, he leans into Yuuri’s personal space (as usual) and peers at his very neat handwriting. Ignoring Yuuri’s protests, he strikes out the whole conclusion and hands the essay back to Yuuri with a proud smile. THIS IS SO GOOD OMG
Tu meum Animum by bratinella, Gen, 38k (WIP) In which Viktor is a fourth year Slytherin in Hogwarts and is very much infatuated with a cute fourth year Gryffindor. SO CUTE! Definitely recommend!
Red and Green by Jesse_Rae, Not Rated, 4.1k Victor was a pure-blood, famous Gryffindor and Yuuri was a muggle-born Slytherin. Yet somehow, they could make red and green work. Very sweet!
charm by volacious, Mature, 28k (WIP) Yuuri is now in his sixth year at Hogwarts and the victim of his secret affections, Victor, approaches him one day during Charms. Growing and changing isn’t something Yuuri likes to do, but he soon realizes it’s a crucial part to living. Great HP AU!
Black and Gold by AppleSharon, Teen, 5.2k (WIP) Yuri!!! On Ice Hogwarts AU. Yuuri is in his seventh and final year at Hogwarts when the next Triwizard Tournament takes place, allowing him to meet his idol, Viktor Nikiforov, for the first time. Highly recommend!
(Yūri!!! on) Hogwarts : A (Drunk) History by bonehandledknife (ladywinter), Gen, 24k “Who are you?” Viktor breathes.And the Slytherin squeaks and whips around and just about brains themself on a desk, falling over.Viktor races in, “Are you okay?”The boy stares at him.“I saw you tracing,” And Viktor points at his desk and the other boy covers his red face with his hands and Viktor’s heart just about bursts with the need to own puppies with him. VERY cute!!
Cherry Wood and Golden Robes by Skowronek, Not Rated, 31k (WIP) When the up-and coming Japanese wizard Yuuri Katsuki arrives in Sochi for his most important duelling competition so far, he expects to flub his duel, embarrass himself, and panic. He doesn’t expect to exceed his own expectations and gain a rival in the process. Great HP AU with Mahoutokoro!Yuuri!
Boyfriend Coloursby Ashida, Teen, 2.5k “My uniform.” Victor blurted back, finally looking down to see Yuuri, to realise he’d just had the best idea of his life. “What about it?” Yuuri cocked his head again, lost at the sudden turn in conversation. “Can you… try it on for me?” he whispered it soft, this tentative question that Victor hoped more than anything Yuuri would say yes to. SOOOOOOOO CUTE
all that glitters is not gold by rinsled05, Explicit, 2.6k Viktor finds him in Minako’s dance studio. It’s an easy search: in the evenings leading to a national Quidditch match, no matter how grueling the day’s training, no matter how exhausting – Yuuri dances. I’m living for this!!! 🔥🔥🔥
Magic & Ice by ajwolf, Mature, 272k (WIP) Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has begun accepting NEWT transfer students. For 5th year Yuuri Katsuki it’s a dream come true, and a chance for his to find his place in the world, both on the ice and off.16 year old Yuuri is off on a fun-filled adventure, full of friends and discovery, as he learns how to fall in love, and how to love himself. He might be chasing his idol, 17 year Viktor Nikiforov, but Viktor may be closer than he seems, as he too struggles to find his place in the world. A M A Z I N G F I C!
I always thought this was a hardflip bigspin, but I just watched it frame-by-frame because something looked a little off, and I was right. He kicks it just like a hardflip, but the board magically flips the other way like a heelflip. Must be all in that back foot.
Wherein Yuuri is Aladdin, and Viktor is the dramatic Genie
Yuuri has a crush on the Princess Yuko, whom he’ll never get to speak to
He ends up getting tricked by JJ (it’s Jafar style) into fetching the golden lamp, you all know the story
The story diverges when Yuuri meets the incredibly attractive genie Viktor, (i mean come on Viktor is extra enough for this role) and though his looks throw him, Yuuri still wishes to be taught how to approach and seduce a woman
Viktor ‘coaches’ Yuuri and transforms him into a prince
PRINCE YUURI, FABULOUS HE, YUURI KATSUUUUUUKI! sings viktor with passion
Through this all, they accidentally end up seducing each other
Yuuri doesn’t know exactly how to take a girl out on a date, so he asks Viktor for a trial run
They out on their magic ice skates (replacing the carpet) and this happens
A WHOLE NEW WORLD DONT YOU DARE CLOSE YOUR EYES
They magically skate all the way from Hasetsu to St Petersburg fight me
Basically Viktor and Yuuri have fallen in love, which is okay because Yuuri realises he likes Yuko as more of a friend anyway
Yuuri uses his final wish to free Viktor so they can be together and it’s cute okay
Yurio is totally Rajah (the tiger) in this fight me
…nobody asked for. lol *sweats nervously*
I’m just so heavily into immortal things and please, be warned that the things written below is far from pure or realistic. aaa
I still hope you enjoy some of my hopeless daydreaming if you like anything related to vampire😂 At least, it’s about eternal love.
+ + + + +
- Victor Fedorov quickly becomes one of the most decorated figure skaters in history starting with his first gold medal in 1896 worlds merely at his age 16 and wins 5 more, just counting internatinal competitions. He was loved all the time by so many people around the world for his dazzling face and smile, just as much as his skating career.
However, much to everyone’s shock, he ends his own life only at his age 28 from a death leap, reason still covered in veil.
World never found his body.
- In 2010, some rumors appear out of nowhere around the social media claiming that recently, a few people in St Petersberg witnessed a stunningly beautiful man with a perfect body line, blue eyes shining like a light bulb at night, skin like that of a porcelain doll skating on a local frozen lake… doing something close to 5-turn-flip in the air. Of course, most of the people laughed at or ignored them until literally no-one could gather enough data to prove what they saw. All the pictures or videos taken were strangely blurred.
- 2 years past the “Skating porcelain doll” incident, the rumor is brought back when Yuri Katsuki, top male figure skater in Japan, GPF bronze medalist at his age 19, brings out his new coach on the ice rink, Victor Nikiforov… looking more like a snowy pale super model, tagging along and staring at the young skater like a blind man searching for sun, which was truly something for everyone to notice since Yuri looked very much ordinary when compared to his stunning coach himself.
- Much to everyone’s disappointment, this gorgeous coach refused to answer a single thing about himself and the only thing they knew for sure was that when the two were together, Yuuri was a blushing mess and Victor was a smiling idiot. Victor was constantly said to be quite a resemblance to one legendary figure skater back in 1st generation, even sharing his first name “Victor.” The truth was that he didn’t have a single official skating career yet he skated like magic. He was also well-known for his strength and ability to safely carry his student in less than a minute from hundreds of reporters and fans.
- Yuri Katsuki, already a rising star standing along the line of skating legends, soon wins 3 consecutive golds at GPF adding onto both single and free skate World records. He happily gets married to his coach at 24, Victor, and plans to retire after one more year as a competitive skater.
Tragedy begins when Yuri dies at his impossibly young age, 25, from congestive heart failure.
- A war breaks out when Victor literally steals his husband’s body out of the hospital the moment Yuri gives away his last breath. Victor didn’t seem to blink his eyes even once during Yuri’s last days, sitting alongside his bed like a stone statue, said the nurses around that time in disbelief. He jumps out of the window with the corpse from 3rd floor before people could even process what was happening and there were no more witnesses on the street.
He comes back before the cops could find him, which was still a week later -all of the bereaved familiy close to fainting and all the friends gathered up fuming… but again giving everyone another round of nightmare: The body was perfectly preserved without even a drop of formalin in presence, flawless face like a sleeping prince wearing pale make-up just like his husband, lips red like fresh blood, laid in a ridiculously expensive coffin filled with white rose.
This incident made quite a lot of people tearful rather than angry, knowing how madly Victor was in love with Yuuri all this time and how the tragic fate literally crushed him down into a madman.
Victor’s will was found in the husbands’ later perfectly empty house, two days after Yuri’s funeral.
World never found his body.
- Yuri Katsuki’s coffin gets robbed right after the day of Victor’s disappearance.
- The Comics are taking place after all that happened above.
- Grammatical corrections are always welcomed^^
I'm surprised ppl haven't brought up Yuuri's gaming hobby. Imagine him and Yurio playing Smash Bros with Yuuri coming out super savage on cat son. Also imagine the trio doing a let's play of Resident Evil 7 with Yuuri playing with stone, cold eyes while Yurio and Victor are scared out of their wits. Lastly, imagine Phichit and Yuuri doing LPs in off seasons during their Detroit days
(Referring to Yuuri’s Japanese Skating Federation online bio. I added the arrow and box to point where it says ゲーム“game” - gaming/video gaming)
Thinking about it…I’ve only seen maybe one or two fanfiction/Tumblr drabbles early EARLY in the season that touched on Yuuri with gaming and I think I’ve seen a couple of fanart here and there. There might be more now, but I don’t watch AO3 every hour, so I do miss some stories (if anyone knows some good fics on this, please rec them!).
I may not be as avid a player as I used to be, but that doesn’t mean I can’t talk a decent amount about video games~ I’m putting a majority of this post behind a cut because it got a bit long with musing on what game genre and platforms he might play, along with some headcanons.
I’m pretty sure Yuuri’s athlete+student lifestyle would mean the depth of his gaming hobby is going to be similar to Yuzuru’s gaming hobby - perhaps a little more since gaming is Yuuri’s only major hobby, or perhaps a little less now that Victor is spending time with him. Regarding Yuzu, he trains hard on and off the ice, balances university work, is a serious audiophile, and has other obligations (advertisements, ice shows, publicity, etc.). But when he plays games, he’s a completionist. His beloved series is MonsterHunter (check out those links for the commercials). When Yuzu has his foot in a cast, or gets out from surgery and is on bed rest, he says that he catches up on schoolwork and plays videogames.
So I imagine that Yuuri also has little time to be a hardcore gamer, but if that’s his single notable hobby, he’ll probably sink time into games that can be done on the go, or games that don’t require lots of planning and forethought (unlike, say Fire Emblem or 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors). Basically,the ideal games would be the kind that he can drop back into, see what the next quest/next dungeon is, and can get back on track. Games that feature lots of grinding, such as RPGs/MMORPGs, are good because they’re pretty straightforward, have repetitive actions/tasks, and offer a range of options and sideplots to keep them interesting for a long time.