Aw fuck. I just realized tumblr is just a whole bunch of edgy, teenage-mid 20’s girls going by “they/them” and being asexual and pansexual at the same time, all the while having some “genderfluid” and “demigender” lesbians in the mix.
No one admits they’re actually straight, white, and/or cis.
Because here on tumblr, being any of those means you don’t have the privilege to say your opinion.
Why I No Longer Take Feminism Seriously and Proudly Call Myself An Egalitarian
• The majority of third generation feminist
• SJW ( It may seem unrelated but its heavily related. )
• Everything someone does against a women is somehow “misogyny”
• Feminist beliefs in things that have been debunked numerous times
• The fact that we are in a time period that first world women are highly privileged but still complain about the fact that they are somehow still in the minority.
• Feminist Selfishness ( not focusing on groups that actually need assistance / awareness brought to )
• Not taking male issues seriously ( ex: domestic violence against men. )
• Feminist feeling like they need to save people from their culture
This does not go for all feminist but most. If you believe in traditional feminist values I respect you but I still dont agree with the general movement today.
Hello, guys. I don’t know if you’ve heard, but in my beloved, you’d think civilised, beautiful country, located in central Europe, Poland, the basic human rights are about to be taken away from women. Why is that? The Polish government, inspired mainly by the Catholic Church (that has definitely too much power in Poland), has created an anti-abortion project. For now, abortion in Poland is legal in case of rape or if the mother’s/child’s life is in danger. If the anti-abortion project comes through (which is very likely) the situation of Polish women will change dramatically:
- aborting a pregnancy that has started because of rape will no longer be legal (3 months to 5 years of prison for the mother and the doctor),
- aborting a pregnancy that endangers the mother’s life will no longer be legal (3 months to 5 years of prison for the mother and the doctor),
- aborting a pregnancy in case of a fatal disease of the fetus will no longer be legal (3 months to 5 years of prison for the mother and the doctor),
- the project says that whoever puts the woman in a situation of a probable miscarriage could be charged of 3 years in prison, which in practice means that some of the medical exams (like the prental exam which helps to indicate if the fetus is healthy) could not be available because of the doctors being afraid of going to prison,
- it all also means that men could get easily away with rape, since the women would be afraid of going to the police in case they got pregnant and didn’t want to get birth to the rapist’s child (which they will now be forced to do),
- also, on the side of this project, the Catholic Church wants to make in vitro even less available for families struggling to have children, since apparently “it’s basically just killing unconcieved babies” (?? fuck logic),
- what’s more, they’ve recently withdrawn chemical contraception for women from the pharmacies (things like spermicidal gels, liquids, creams, vaginal suppositories) cause they’re apparently “dangerous for women’s health”, so now the only contraception available without a prescription are condoms,
- don’t even get me started with the level of sexual education in Poland which is basically non-existent. Recently, just this week, a 12 year old girl gave birth to a child. A fucking 12-yr old. She had sex (they said it was consensual, but who fucking even believes this shit) with a 29 year old man. The doctors said she didn’t even know what was going on during the labour, she of course had to have C-section because her body was obviously not ready to have a baby at such young age. There are so many cases like this.
- all of this is supposed to “help” with the demographic decline and to “encourage” people to have more kids. Let me tell you something - if anything this encourges me to is to not have babies a t a l l.
Let me also show you some of the social media responses of “pro-life” activists and give you a glimpse of what kind of shit Polish women have to deal with:
“If the pregnancy started because of rape, the only victim is the child that can lose its life.”
“If abortion is such a dramatic decision to make, it’ll be better to not let women make it. To ban abortion.”
“Womanhood is all about being in service of life. Women/female MPs who are against life, contradict their own womanhood.”
“All of these women screaming that “their belly, their choice” [should know] that the life in their bellies belongs only to the child. Selfish women, assassins like during Holocaust. You just lend your body to give new life. You should be happy you were not killed. There should be no abortion.”
“Abortion is barbaric (…) and it will be remembered as equally bad as genocide and gas chambers.”
I found these in 5 minutes. Women are treated with no respect, they’re believed to be stupid and as not able to make their own choice about their own body. Men leading our country (most of them are very religious) want to decide about what we should do with our bodies. Please, help us. Spread the word. We are trying to fight this, but we’re in the minority… The world needs to know!!
Guys, if you wanna help, there’s a petition to sign!!
it seems i have frightened @daddy-double-d away. he has ceased responding to my messages. I have also given up on making contact with august @memeufacturing. they’re either ignoring me, or so popular that they have failed to notice me.
which is too bad. I also like fluffy dogs and Justice
99% of the time if a man starts crying or talking about their valid feelings, people will deny it and tell them to suck it up, and it’s “no big deal”. i hate that men’s feelings will be denied and overlooked in most situations. feelings and physical pain, people somehow think that women are the only ones allowed to be depressed, the only ones to be sad. even families of males everywhere dismiss their feelings because of the stereotype of the “macho man”.
right now, imagine something you didn’t like happened. someone no one really likes. imagine if your significant other hit you in public, and someone/multiple people saw it. they’d most likely confront them, yeah? well, switch that around, and imagine you’re a male for the day. your female significant other abuses you in public, hits you, throws their drink in your face, yells at you, calls you names, things that wouldn’t necessarily be acceptable if it was reversed.
the likely situation is that people watching will not give two shits about it, and they might even pull out their phone and record it. imagine that happening, you being humiliated, hit, and degraded by some girl who thinks that’s just fine, that you just automatically don’t feel pain, because you’re a boy. people laughing and cheering her on, recording it, taking no concern whatsoever because they automatically think that you did something wrong, and that’s why she’s “standing up” to you. pretty fucking sucky, huh?
imagine you’re at the doctor, and you’re about 16. you’re getting your blood drawn, you don’t want to look at it, you look away, and you start crying because it feels weird. your mom/dad starts consoling you and comforting you, because you’re in pain and you feel uncomfy, right? the nurse/doctor starts comforting you as well, because they see you’re not happy and they want to be nice.
switch that around, you’re a boy, you’re the same age. you start crying. your parents say “stop crying, don’t be a baby” and the doctors just start laughing. your sibling pulls out their phone and starts recording you, because you’re being “so dramatic” and you’re acting like such a pussy, right? you finish, the needle is out, and your family makes fun of you the whole way back home, and your sibling posts the video they just took on facebook.
boys, you’re allowed to be sad. you’re allowed to have feelings. you should be able to stand up for yourself, you can make a good argument.