–Leeteuk: Before Super Junior’s Kiss the Radio, Danny Ahn was the DJ, it was Danny’s Kiss the Radio. After being the DJ for around two years, during that time I was the fixed guest then, and suddenly one day Danny hyung told me:
“Teuk-ah, you’ll be doing DJ from next week onwards” “….??? me?” “Yeah, didn’t you hear about it?” “… No I didn’t.”
Actually at that time, I was about to be a DJ at MBC, I even went to company dinners with the PDs and writers there and they even asked me: “Teuk-ah, what kind of DJ do you wish to be?”
So when it suddenly happened, I was shocked. I asked the company about what is going on and in the end Eunhyuk and I came here. Ah it seems like this is the first time I’m saying this, even though it hasn’t been 20 years but it’s also more than 10 years.
–Leeteuk: When I become someone who is greater with a bigger heart, when I can give everyone a bigger hug, I will come back to this spot once again.
– He said he cried too much yesterday but it seems like he wont cry today so he might be able to say goodbye while smiling ㅠ
– Fanacc: He took photos of us and with us and he suggested to go outside for handshakes ㅠㅠㅠ ♡ Teuk wanted to do handshakes with everyone outside (of the Sukira building) here but theres too many people :(((
When I was in the army, my depression was so severe, i even wanted to die. I held on to the thought of wanting to work again..
“How can I survive?“ was my biggest goal and that to me was work and part of that was Sukira. Sukira is like my life and now I’m really going to have to give the last greeting. I have to greet right? Kiss family, for sharing a sweet kiss with me all this time, thank you and i love you.
– Leeteuk burst out crying while reading a fan message that said, she always listen to Sukira everytime she got home, alone and feel lonely..
– Leeteuk said he will definitely come back to this spot ㅠㅠ He said he’ll come back with the better him. It’s not an end and there will come a day we can meet again.
–Leeteuk: I always say this, right? it’s not the END, but AND and dream of the day we meet again, feel the excitement of that day and live well.
– He was reading the prizes for viewers who sent messages, while crying and said “This is the first time, giving prizes, so sadly.”
Leeteuk: why did so many of u come today? ELF: To see you! Leeteuk: So why didnt u come on other normal days? ELF: kshgjda Leeteuk: You came then too? Well done.
– Leeteuk: I am thankful to our Super Junior members, thank you Eunhyuk, Yesung, Ryeowook, Sungmin for being Sukira’s string together.
– Leeteuk said the opening-song is already sad; the staffs prepared for it. He said today he’s fine, he will smile for listeners. Listeners said today is really sad, but Leeteuk keeps saying he won’t (*tried not to) cry today.
– Teuk teared while reading messages and saying how he knows how those listeners felt ㅠㅠ Leeteuk read listener’s messages that said he got a (quiz) gift from Eunhyuk long time ago. He’s now graduated; the time passed quickly.
– Leeteuk thanked all listeners; wished for health & always take care of ourselves. ”The precious Sukira’s family in this world, namely YOU.“
– Leeteuk: When I become someone who is greater with a bigger heart, when I can give everyone a bigger hug, I will come back to this spot once again.
real talk, anyone who jokes about “lol tumblr sjws are never going to survive in the real world” or for that matter “y’all are ruining academia with all your trigger warnings and such bullshit” is full of crap.
I have a student in my class this semester who is the most tumblr person I’ve ever met outside of this site. every time I show or talk about some internet culture thing she’s like “haha I saw that months ago”. she asks me what memes I’ve posted. she also says “sjw-type” things in class discussions on a regular basis.
and you know what? those contributions consistently expand class discussions in productive ways. today, we were talking about virtual presence devices, and she basically said, “you know, people mock technologies like this because their go-to thought is how it makes people with socially normative lifestyles be ‘lazy’ instead of how it enables people with disabilities to engage with society in ways they’d be completely unable to otherwise.”
everyone stopped to think about that one. it was a new thought, a new perspective, that no one else in the class had ever been confronted with before. in other words, it was exactly the kind of intellectual challenge, the kind of different and unfamiliar and uncomfortable idea, that anti-sjws think is going to be limited somehow by people concerned with inclusiveness.
tldr: if you think people who are highly aware of and concerned with social justice issues are ruining intellectual discourse then you don’t know what intellectual discourse is for.
Stop telling queer and trans kids that they can be legally murdered in the streets in first world nations
Stop telling young girls that they’re pretty much guaranteed to be raped
Stop telling people that right wing politicians gaining any power will lead to another holocaust
Stop telling young non-white kids that barely existent groups like the Klan and neo-nazis are everywhere and ready to murder them
YOU ARE NOT HELPING ANYONE BY LYING TO MAKE THE WORLD SEEM WORSE THAN IT IS. YOU ARE JUST BEING A PIECE OF SHIT AND MAKING KIDS SCARED TO GO OUTSIDE SO THAT PEOPLE WILL LISTEN TO YOUR SOAPBOX HORSESHIT.
I was hugging sawyer tonight before I let her out and she started leaning her head against me like she was hugging me back and i just fuck it’s all to real now I hate it I hate everything she galloped up to me whinnying when she heard me at the gate cause she hasn’t seen me in a few days and I just fuck
Hello, guys. I don’t know if you’ve heard, but in my beloved, you’d think civilised, beautiful country, located in central Europe, Poland, the basic human rights are about to be taken away from women. Why is that? The Polish government, inspired mainly by the Catholic Church (that has definitely too much power in Poland), has created an anti-abortion project. For now, abortion in Poland is legal in case of rape or if the mother’s/child’s life is in danger. If the anti-abortion project comes through (which is very likely) the situation of Polish women will change dramatically:
- aborting a pregnancy that has started because of rape will no longer be legal (3 months to 5 years of prison for the mother and the doctor),
- aborting a pregnancy that endangers the mother’s life will no longer be legal (3 months to 5 years of prison for the mother and the doctor),
- aborting a pregnancy in case of a fatal disease of the fetus will no longer be legal (3 months to 5 years of prison for the mother and the doctor),
- the project says that whoever puts the woman in a situation of a probable miscarriage could be charged of 3 years in prison, which in practice means that some of the medical exams (like the prental exam which helps to indicate if the fetus is healthy) could not be available because of the doctors being afraid of going to prison,
- it all also means that men could get easily away with rape, since the women would be afraid of going to the police in case they got pregnant and didn’t want to give birth to the rapist’s child (which they will now be forced to do),
- also, on the side of this project, the Catholic Church wants to make in vitro even less available for families struggling to have children, since apparently “it’s basically just killing unconcieved babies” (?? fuck logic),
- what’s more, they’ve recently withdrawn chemical contraception for women from the pharmacies (things like spermicidal gels, liquids, creams, vaginal suppositories) cause they’re apparently “dangerous for women’s health”, so now the only contraception available without a prescription are condoms,
- don’t even get me started with the level of sexual education in Poland which is basically non-existent. Recently, just this week, a 12 year old girl gave birth to a child. A 12-yr old!! She had sex (they said it was consensual, but who fucking even believes this shit) with a 29 year old man. The doctors said she didn’t even know what was going on during the labour, she of course had to have C-section because her body was obviously not ready to have a baby at such young age. There are so many cases like this.
- all of this is supposed to “help” with the demographic decline and to “encourage” people to have more kids. Let me tell you something - if anything this encourges me to is to not have babies a t a l l.
Let me also show you some of the social media responses of “pro-life” activists and give you a glimpse of what kind of shit Polish women have to deal with:
“If the pregnancy started because of rape, the only victim is the child that can lose its life.”
“If abortion is such a dramatic decision to make, it’ll be better to not let women make it. To ban abortion.”
“Womanhood is all about being in service of life. Women/female MPs who are against life, contradict their own womanhood.”
“All of these women screaming that “their belly, their choice” [should know] that the life in their bellies belongs only to the child. Selfish women, assassins like during Holocaust. You just lend your body to give new life. You should be happy you were not killed. There should be no abortion.”
“Abortion is barbaric (…) and it will be remembered as equally bad as genocide and gas chambers.”
I found these in 5 minutes. Women are treated with no respect, they’re believed to be stupid and not fit to make decisions about their own bodies. Men leading our country (most of them are very religious) want to decide about what we should do with our bodies. Please, help us. Spread the word. We are trying to fight this, but we’re in the minority… The world needs to know!!
Guys, if you wanna help, there’s a petition to sign!!
Leeteuk’s first and last letter to the Sukira family..
To everyone in the Sukira family, I’m holding the pen for the first time like this for everyone.
I should have written a letter earlier but this letter is my first and last letter to you all.
It has been 10 years with everyone and I don’t know how to put 10 years worth of words on a piece of paper. It’s like writing a love letter, writing, writing and erasing, writing and erasing.
Sukira is like a place where I’m able to find peace like a girlfriend who makes me excited and sad. Sukira is a friend whom I spent my 20s with for over 10 years.
From 2006 to 2016, the child-like idols in their 20s who became huge seniors & old people in the music industry. University students who were once girls going through puberty listening to Sukira while studying, becoming a man’s woman and becoming a child’s mum.
Even though it’s sad that time is running, it’s a natural thing but thank you for letting me feel that the time was shared for a while.
Always being unsure of farewells, being afraid of farewells, I want to delay this break up. But it’s time to part with everyone. I’m sorry.
Those who listened attentively to our voices, laughed and cried together for 10 years and those who became our new family members in the middle. I’ve always said “When you’re having a hard time or when you suddenly thought of something, I will always be here from 10pm to 12am, so come.” but I’m really sorry that I can’t keep the promise anymore.
Thank you for loving, supporting and listening attentively to me who is lacking. Also to those behind the scenes making the 2 hours broadcast go smoothly daily, understanding our ridiculous schedules for 10 years and for letting the Leeteuk who is able to speak well now voice be heard, our Sukira PDs, writers and staffs.
Today too, the studio is empty and lonely. Thankful to our Super Junior members, thank you Eunhyuk, Yesung, Ryeowook, Sungmin for being Sukira’s string together.
Eveyone, I, Leeteuk will come back again. I’m still lacking of life experiences and there are many things that I don’t know. I’ll come back again to relate and hug everyone after I’ve experienced, studied and learnt more.
I always say this right? “It’s not the END, but AND” and dream of the day we meet again, feel the excitement of that day and live well. I’m really thankful for all those times. You, KISS family, are more precious than anyone in this world. I sincerely love you.
folks please look at what you’re reblogging there’s a v popular post going round ‘explaining’ the brexit vote and here’s an honest to god quote from the post
“During the campaign, Michael Gove, Boris Johnson (conservatives) and Nigel Farage (UKIP) stressed on immigration laws if the UK leaves the EU because immigration/refugees have been a big problem for the UK as its reducing jobs being given to UK locals/residents”
like no thats a fucking lie and racist xenophobic propaganda, immigrants and refugees are not a ‘big problem’ and its that kind of thinking that’s encouraging all this insidious nationalism
ETA: the OP has said that they absolutely were not supporting that position but were explaining the named parties’ positions! I misread and jumped to conclusions since I’m on edge right now
Tumblr's reaction to opposite-sex friendships:Assuming that a man and woman who are friends HAVE TO BE IN LOVE is REALLY shitty and heteronormative. It erases opportunities for diversity and representation in the media. PLATONIC RELATIONSHIPS ARE A THING. We need to teach society that a man and a woman can be regular friends without automatically assuming they're in love upon realizing their friendship.
Tumblr's reaction to same-sex friendships:GAYGAYGAYGAYFJADS13@JFADHDFSJH342UIEFJ!!! I'M LITERALLY DROWNINGN IN THE GAYNESS!!! <33 OMFFFFF OUR PRECIOUS GAY BABIES MUST BE PROTECTED AT ALL COSTS~~~ MY HEARTTTTT;!! iM SCReEEAMMING! THIS IS CLEAR PROOF OF A CANONICAL GAY ROMANCE!! <3;;;!~~ IF U DISAGREE UR A HOMOPHOBE SORRY I DONT MAKE THE RULES!!!~~ :)))
Call-out culture and the fallacy of community accountability creates a disciplinary atmosphere in which people must adhere to a specific etiquette. Spaces then become accessible only to those who are familiar with, and able to express themselves with the proper language and adhere to the dominant customs. Participation in the discourse which shapes and directs this language and customs is mostly up to those who are able to spend too much time debating on activist blogs, or who are academics or professionals well versed in the dialect. As mentioned previously, the containment of radical discourse to the university further insulates the “activist bubble” and subcultural ghetto.
In addition to creating spaces that are alienating to those outside of our milieu, anti-oppression discourse, call-out culture, and the related “communities” leads activists to perceive themselves as an “enlightened” section of the class (largely composed of academics, students, professionals, etc. who have worked on their shit and checked their privilege) who are tasked with acting as missionaries to the ignorant and unclean masses. This anarchist separatist orientation is problematic for any who believe in the possibility of mass liberatory social movements that are capable of actually transforming society…
The retreat to subcultural bohemian enclaves and activist bubbles acknowledges that revolutionary change is impossible, and as a substitute offers a counterfeit new society in the here and now. We understand that such a proposition is appealing given the day-to-day indignity and suffering that is life under our current conditions, but time and time again we have seen these experiments implode on themselves. Capitalism simply does not offer a way out and we must face this reality as the rest of the class that we are a part of faces it everyday. No amount of call-outs or privilege checking will make us into individuals untainted by the violent social relationships that permeate our reality.
With Allies Like These: Reflections on Privilege Reductionism, Common Cause Ottawa
actual mental illness positivity: educating yourself on mental illnesses, their treatment and coping methods, constantly working on your self-awareness, broadening and improving your self-help methods, accepting yourself in order to move forward and grow as a person, knowing your weaknesses, seeking to achieve a comfortable, stable condition in order to live happily with yourself and surrounding people
tumblr mental illness positivity!! ☆☆☆
: these toxic behaviors and shitty traits are ~~totoes alrighty~~ if you self-dxed with these mental illnesses! don’t forget to prove everyone you’re mentally ill by publicly showing off those symptoms you read about on wikipedia that you might not even actually have. this post i made is about anime but i myself have 20+ disorders so if you don’t have those don’t reblog uwu