Hey, what are some of your skin tips?
1. Eat healthy, drink water, teas, sleep and exercise - I know everyone says this but I do think it’s so important long term (for skin, body and overall health)
2. Make sure the products you’re using are right for you - I found that once I stopped using oils on my skin it cleared up considerably, the oils must have been too much for me. I personally try to stay away from products containing fragrance or colours and I won’t use anything containing sulfates - way too drying for me. I also stay away from any products/DIY recipes containing bi-carb soda,
3. I sleep on a silk pillowcase as cotton can absorb a lot of the product you put on your face meaning it’s going into your pillowcase instead. It’s also better for your hair and is supposed to help prevent wrinkles
4. I wash my pillowcase at least once a week and try to always use a fresh towel
5. Be consistent with your skincare. I use one of those makeup eraser microfibre cloths if I have worn makeup that day, cleanse, then cleanse again with my Clarisonic. Also if you’re washing your hair, do it before you wash your face as ingredients in some hair products can cause breakouts. I would also recommend chemical exfoliation rather than physical exfoliation (I really like the First Aid Beauty Blemish Patrol/Radiance Pads).
6. If you’re getting breakouts, figuring out what type of acne you’re getting can help you find a solution - for me, I was getting deep, cystic acne on my cheeks and jawline and it was a hormonal issue. I was able to clear up the majority of it by taking a supplement called Estroblock/equivalent supplements, as well as zinc, vitamin C and magnesium
7. Understand the difference between oiliness/dehydration, your skin could be really oily and still be dehydrated. Products containing Hyaluronic Acid are great (the Drunk Elephant B-Hydra is really nice), and you could try a product like Sunday Riley Good Genes which contains Lactic Acid
8. For scarring I highly recommend using a Vitamin c product and looking into derma needling
Some of my favourite skincare brands/products: Sunday Riley, Sircuit Skin, Drunk Elephant, Tata Harper, Ren, the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask (SO moisturising, my lips haven’t been dry at all this winter), First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance/Blemish Patrol pads and the Glamglow Clearing Mud (as a spot treatment) - none of the products mentioned test on animals.