@thinktankgoldfish prompted me to make some fluffy headcanons pertaining to a new puppy so i needed to write some before she sent kakashi after me since i plan on writing a third installment of that jealous!kakashi that may or may not end well. also i only added people who i thought would absolutely kill for a doggo (lmaoo meeee) ((also if y’all have any pets feel free to submit them. i’ll just sit here flailing over them for 193509458 years xD)) (((i’ll def be showing off my fluffer in a moment <3))) also!!! this is a “go-to pillow/comfort blanket/help too much” type of thing when i post all that angst ;))) trust me, i wrote a lot of angst recently and i think we all need this lmaoo
- When Kakashi gets a new dog he dotes on it with every breath. Pakkun gets jealous, yeah, but he realises that it’s simply because the dog is new. He doesn’t cuddle with the dog, no. He’s a stone-cold ninja, he doesn’t - Who you kiddin’ he spends as much time as he can with the stinker.
- Kiba with a new dog means, in his mind, that Akamaru has a new friend, while Akamaru is territorial at best so he’s not the happiest pupper around. Kiba treats his new dog as he did with Akamaru. Also the doggo is hella floofy so Kiba teases it with little ponytails in its fur.
- Hinata welcomes the new dog with welcome arms, hugging it and cuddling with it. She gets the doggo all sorts of cute things, cute little jackets, little booties, whatever. Totally dotes on the pupper.
- Lee’s doggo is his athletic partner. Like, he goes on morning jogs and he takes his dog with him. This dog is possibly the fastest dog in the village, aside from the Inuzuka clan’s dogs and Kakashi’s summons. Probably a defender dog.
- TenTen has a small dog, and she takes it everywhere. She’s owning her shop, and the little stinker’s just running all over the place, welcoming guests if they enter. The dog is so well-behaved that when it wants to pee, it does its business, and without question, let’s itself back inside.
- The dog Naruto has is picky. Also, it likes the more expensive food, the more expensive toys, leashes, collars, much to Naruto’s dismay. He asks Sasuke to help pay for a few of these things, since he can’t say no to the stinker, and hopes that, one day, he can just spoil his doggo.
- Sasuke, on the other hand, has a dog that’s close to the only thing that can get him to smile. It’s such a lovable goof (*cough cough* naruto *cough cough*), that he can’t help but do almost exactly what Kakashi does.
- Sakura’s dog is so well-mannered, and well-behaved, that people often mistake the dog for being a person in disguise or the dog’s a summoning. Her dog helps her with medicinal things, and whenever the poor pupper catches cold or gets hurt, Sakura cuddles with the doggo, thinking that loving the dog will make it heal faster than medicine ever will.
- Tobirama has this dog that’s primarily a guard dog, but knows when to relax. It has its boundaries, and doesn’t let anyone other than Tobirama pet it. Like Naruto’s, it’s hella picky.
- Hashirama’s dog is constantly with him. The fluffiest of fluff. After Hashi himself, he names the pupper “Cinnamon”. “Sir Cinnamon Roll McFluff” he calls it, and he’s 100% right. Elicits an eye-roll every time he uses the dog’s full name in front of Tobirama.
Shakespeare goes up to the counter and orders a large cappucino with cinnamon. “Sir, we don’t have larges here. We have ventis,” says the barista. Shakespeare stares at him. “What’s in a name?” he asks.