FINALLY THE MAPPA YOI calendar. Team St. Petersburg, VICTOR BESIDE YUURI, SO SERIOUS AND READY TO KICK SOME ASS.
BECAUSE NOW HE’LL WIN GOLD AND GET MARRIED, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.
EVERYONE’S DRESSED UP. Look at that little makkachin puppy on Victor’s lap, and the katsudon bowl. ALSO A NEARLY NAKED CHRIS… AND THE CUTE TRIO IN THE FAR RIGHT CORNER, MINAMI IT’S FINALLY WITH THE REST OF SKATERS.
LOOK AT VICTOR IN THE BACKGROUND, SO PROUD AND CHEERING FOR HIS BEAUTIFUL HUSBAND.
THE “Welcome to the Madness” scene! GOD LOOK AT YURIO’S SMOKY EYES, NEED THAT MAKEUP, VICTOR SINGING HIS HEART OUT ON STAGE, BOTH MILA, SARA AND EMIL AND MICKEY PAIR DANCING.
And look at the back, IT SAYS “HASETSU EXHIBITION, ONSEN ON ICE”. MEANING THEY ALL TRAVEL TO JAPAN AND AND CREATED THEIR OWN PROGRAM TO SHOW.
AT THE END WE HAVE ALL OUR SKATERS IN A FINAL POSE, I’M DYING HERE. BECAUSE PRECIOUS VICTOR IS WEARING A FLOWER CROWN MATCHING YUURI’S OWN POCKET BOUQUET. They are both raising one leg, maybe trying some weird dance step at the same time and yuuri holds him tight, preventing the older man to fall, while victor’s just laughing and smiling like a little kid.
CHRIS AND PHICHIT ARE SIDE BY SIDE. VICTOR HANGING OFF HIS BEST FRIEND AND HUSBAND. YURIO’S MAKE UP, PHICHIT IN SHORTS AND OTABEK WITH HIS ARM AROUND THE SMALLER BOY. JJ WITH HIS LEATHER JACKET, JUST PERFECT.
this man isn’t an innovator, doesn’t dance, has no sense of style or fashion he literally sings on stage in jeans and a zip up hoodie, he isn’t a supreme vocalist or lyricist….he doesn’t even impact pop culture….and he wanna be the biggest pop star in the world and these people are saying “Madonna’s got competition”
“Harry is a performer you have to see live. The way he covers space is insane — imagine if Mick Jagger had the warm and benign heart of Paul McCartney, cast under a magic spell by Stevie Nicks, and you’re about halfway there.”
so little jeffmads things from hamilton in chicago :
- the first time they see each other they greet with like this secret handshake where instead of shaking they wiggle their fingers against each other (they then proceed to do this every time they go to handshake for the whole act)
- mads is the biggest deadpan hype man ever like his straight face comments in the background of jeffs rap battle
- when jeffs wants to fight hamilton (or literally anyone) mads like physically holding him back and calming him down
- jeffs before doing anything rash looks to mads and waits for his nod of approval before taking action
- when jeffs mike drops and mads like fans it off like its on fire
- casually touching each other all the time in the background
- when mads is coughing into the handkerchief he carries around everywhere and jeffs in the middle of “fight me” mode stops what he’s doing to immeditaly attend to mads
- leaning into each other’s space in room where it happens
- after the second cabinet battle jeffs all upset about gwash saying no and like he turns to mads who gives this like “ill take care of it motion” before sliding all up to gwash
- just all the time looking to each other whenever anyone does anything
- mads is jeffs voice of fucking reason im screaming
- in washington on your side like jeffs looks around for mads before starts singing and he’s off stage and when mads enters with “which i wrote” he does his like arm florish to present that mads has arrived then crosses the stage to drape himself over mads
- them being shifty bastards together like scheming and dancing around at Reynolds pamphlet
- the election and jeffs looking nervous about hamiltons answer and mads like fucking straightens his coat for him to calm him down like
- honestly this was so much i am so weak
im back in jeffmads hell guys be prepared seeing hamilton live has killed me
a young jazz singer falls in love with an established film noir actress and the singer finds out the actress had been sending her anonymous roses so she dedicates a song to her and there’s a scene where she’s singing it on stage in a club and all other sound fades out and the camera focuses on the actress, who’s regarding her with interest
a sixties era student falls in love with a gay civil rights activist who quit her career as a professor and the film is half about activism and half about their soft domestic lives together and the entire aesthetic and wardrobe is dreamy like vintage sixties advertisements
an up and coming undercover journalist in new york city who’s cold and mean and dresses only in pencil skirts is seduced by a woman played by like, monica belluci, and drawn into a diamond heist and a passionate love affair
a university student is on a brief study abroad trip in italy and notices a dreamy lady on a beach in a glamorous creme bathing suit against the backdrop of sparkling water but doesn’t think much of it until she sees her again drinking wine in the hotel bar and looking mysterious and smoky and the film is sort of like salvatore by lana del rey and includes a drive through sicily in a white car
a bored and rich woman finds out her renowned husband’s been sleeping around when he’s on business trips so she plots how to destroy his career and reputation meanwhile she’s lonely and growing close to the sweet flustered maid and buying her things and giving her clothes she’s ‘too old for now’ and absentmindedly helping with chores and asking her about her life over wine and asking her to ‘stay for awhile’
“i’ve been doing a lot of tv and film, and as you know and as i’ve said, i do desperately miss being on stage singing, and (my concerts have) been a way to kind of keep that going and keep my chops up and get on the stage and sing.”
ebony & ivory by wbtrashking (fan_nerd), Explicit, 20k A little longer than your average one shot, but OH MY GOD THIS FIC IS AMAZING. Yuuri, a pianist, moves into a new apartment complex to play with the ASO. Not long after he starts practicing, he starts getting requests from his mysterious upstairs neighbour. THIS FIC CLEARED MY SKIN AND SAVED MY SOUL IT’S SO SO AMAZING
i’ve stumbled onto sounds i wasn’t able to make alone by zerotransfat, Teen, 20k Yakov pushes Victor for another season, and Victor doesn’t really have a good reason to refuse. He’s been having trouble finding his free program music when he meets Yuuri, a composer who can’t seem to finish this one song. SO GOOD OMG! Definitely recommend!
Encore by sub_textual, Teen, 37k (WIP) A semi-retelling of the events of Yuri!!! On Ice through the competitive world of music. In which Yuuri and Viktor find each other, life, and love. Love!
Gotta Have Soul by CelestialYuuri, Teen, 27k (WIP) Victor Nikiforov is a living legend in the music industry, but he’s losing steam after years of touring cities and continents that change in the blink of an eye. Yuuri Katsuki is a musician who puts passion in what he creates, but he’s still timid when it comes to singing to his full ability. Stunning singer-songwriter AU! Must read!
tempo rubato by shirabeau, Explicit, 5.5k “Viktor,” Yuuri says through a choking gasp, “what if I get a low score, what if they hate—” Viktor’s hold on his neck tightens, and he pulls Yuuri closer still, bringing their faces just inches apart. “You won’t, and they won’t.” Lovely pianist AU!
Your Voice by DandereMikuo, Teen, 9.2k (WIP) After a certain incident, 19-year old Katsuki Yuuri is unable to skate, and now confides in his newfound interest: music. Meanwhile, famous figure skater 23-year old Victor Nikiforov is in Japan for personal reasons. Great fic!
My Little Music Box by alisayamin (sh_04e), Mature, 19k (WIP) As a composer, Victor no longer has any inspiration to write new music. His solution? Travel the whole world to try and find it. LOVE!
I love you, my dear by indianchai, Teen, 8.5k Musician au where famous YouTube singer Victor is practically in love with a famous singer/lyricist named Lilith (who has never revealed his true identity to the public). Thumbs up!
et le soleil dit a la lune by intertwingular, Gen, 7.1k (WIP) In which viktor nikiforov somehow ends up as katsuki yuuri’s accompanist, and learns that sometimes, spring is all you have. they learn to make the most of it. Lovely Your Lie in April AU!
The melody of your soul by Analys, Mature, 5.5k (WIP) Katsuki Yuuri is a talented singer with a voice that spellbinds anybody that hears him sing but his stage fright and anxiety takes the best of him. YUURI AND VICTOR ARE ROOMMATES AT JUILLIARD CAN YOU HEAR MY SCREAMS
dear true love by cityboys, Teen, 63k (WIP) Victor is a writer pretending to be on a break; Yuuri is a pianist pretending to not be on a break. They meet, somehow, in the backwaters of Saga Prefecture, Japan. SO AMAZING