is it too much to ask that your heroine not get shafted?
because leia’s gotten the short of the stick since before her vision even cleared.
- lost birth parents before she knew them
- was separated from her twin brother before she knew him
- lost her home planet and adoptive parents at 19 (both at the same time/she watched it happen)
- lost han
- was taken and chained by jabba
- wasn’t given the opportunity to talk to anakin/vader in his moment of redemption–even if she wouldn’t have wanted too, it wasn’t a choice she was given (and he owes her a lot)
- lost her son
- lost han (again)
- was essentially abandoned by her brother
possibly lost her daughter
- lost han for good (cause he’s dead and never coming back)
and not once have we seen her truly breakdown, she just gets right back up to fight another day. i don’t think it’s too much to ask that she’d have one good thing happen in her life–that wasn’t temporary.