simple things that make me happy and appreciative of life
1. curling up in bed with a good book and hot tea on a cool rainy day.
2. the first day it starts to feel like spring.
3. the leaves on trees turning orange and yellow in fall.
4. going under a glass table, looking up, and seeing a cat sleeping on the top.
5. traveling and experiencing new things.
6. that certain someone’s smile.
7. large sweatshirts and fuzzy socks.
8. passing a test i was sure i failed.
9. my favorite scented candle.
10. listening to calm music while reading good poetry.
and the simplest yet most beautiful thing…
11. the natural beauty of nature.
i just make lists like this when i’m feeling sad and alone because it makes me happy to know these things will happen again. it helps me clear my head of the bad and fills me with a small sense of serenity.
The key to serenity is simple. Acceptance. The ability to say this is just a thing that happened and let it go. The past is past. The ability to plan for the future and then accept that what will be will be and let it go.
You see worry, fretting, second guessing are all colossal energy drains. They do nothing positive and disrupt calm and interfere will cool deliberation and decision making.
Stop worrying about the future. It will come when it comes. Deal ONLY with what is before you now. If you must plan for a future action then set aside a time to plan. Then do your planning and when complete move on to something else. Put your plan into action when the time comes.
Every time I start a new DA:I playthrough I’m reminded of how I like Haven. It’s so simple and serene, I could roam the mountains alone for hours and stroll in the village walking (with the controller) and enjoying the atmosphere. I just really like Haven.