Simple house hold science trick: Orange Candle
All you need is;
- Kitchen Oil (Olive oil, vegetable oil, etc.)
- Carefully cut the orange in half, be careful to ensure you do not cut the middle stem. Remove/eat the flesh, but save half of the skin (or all of it) with the stem intact - as shown in the second picture.
- Fill it up about half way with the oil, as you’re pouring the oil in make sure you soak the stem on the way down.
- light the stem on fire and it will keep burning for a while to come!
- *Bonus* with the other half of the orange peel you can cover up the candle, giving it an eerie glow, or you could cut out any shape you wanted.