Sizzy and Rosa/ Raphael and Mrs. Lewis. Me????
Okay I am seeing a lot of posts that Simon and Izzy are vile, horrible, evil people for their actions in “you are not your own”. How could they threaten Raphael?! much less use Raphael’s last remaining family member?1 Burn them both and send them to hell! Well I am a little confused. Here is why: in 2a Raphael went and met Simon’s mom, lied to her that he was Simon’s band manager. Then made sure Simon saw them, and told him “ Now you can focus on finding Camille.” This was presented as a threat. Hear where the most popular/common posts:
- “Raphael was never going to hurt Mrs. Lewis”
- “ Raphael was kind to Mrs. Lewis, he is not the type of man to hurt someone in cold blood”
- “ Read the books to find out just how important Raphael’s own mother was to him! You are stupid if you think he would ever hurt a mother!”
- “That is so sweet! Raphael wanted to get to know his future mother-in-law. And Mrs. Lewis totally thinks they are dating, and ships them!”
the last one is debatable (nothing against shapael or its shippers), but the others are 100% true about the coffee house scene with Mrs. Lewis, and about Raphael’s character. But here is the thing. From my perspective all these things are true about the park scene with Rosa and about Simon and Izzy’s characters
- They are kind to Rosa: they give her flowers, make polite small talk, and ask her for a photo.
- They were NEVER going to hurt her
- Neither Simon or Izzy are violent people, and they would NEVER even dream of targeting an innocent, defenseless, old lady, mundane
- Simon has a sister that he loves, and Izzy lives and breathes for her brothers
If you are one of the dozens of fans who seems to see difference, please let me know how. explain it to me in comments. Why was Raphael doing what he did wonderful and Romantic? Why are Simon and Izzy Vile, dangerous, minions For talking to Rosa in the park?